Tourist visa now available in Phnom Penh

:o Ubonjoe,

Did you see the large ad in todays "Post" from Jacks Golf advertising visa trips to.......wait for it.....Phnom Pen! They obviously have confidence in the fact that something has changed there. They are offering t.v. trips for , I forget, minus 1000 baht for Philipinos/as. I doubt they would spend that amount of time/money unless they knew they could offer said service. We'll see about Viantiane. Oh, isn't it fun!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:o Ubonjoe,

Did you see the large ad in todays "Post" from Jacks Golf advertising visa trips to.......wait for it.....Phnom Pen! They obviously have confidence in the fact that something has changed there. They are offering t.v. trips for , I forget, minus 1000 baht for Philipinos/as. I doubt they would spend that amount of time/money unless they knew they could offer said service. We'll see about Viantiane. Oh, isn't it fun!

They don't sell the Bangkok Post where I live. I might be lucky and find one in Ubon if I wanted to make a 85 kilometer drive to get it.

It did see it on Jacks website when I was looking for info for a reply to a post.

When I see good reports from members that have made the trip then I would suggest it.

…Did you see the large ad in todays "Post" from Jacks Golf advertising visa trips to.......wait for it.....Phnom Pen! …

My scanner went on the blink and I haven’t been able to fix it yet so I photographed the advertisement:

post-21260-1229653824_thumb.jpg

--

Maestro

About Cambodia

I just read this. I don't know if it's true, but when, this would be great:

6 Month Thai Visas Available Now In Cambodia, Just want to spread the good news for you guys under 50

Breaking news...

I just got back from Cambodia with 2 bright and shiny 2 month Thai tourist Visas,that can be extendend in Jomtien for 1 month each for a total of 6 months..

I went with.

BRI & JOY Travel Pattaya (038723332) (038723637) they just started this service this week..

12,500 Baht Includes every thing including a one night stay in beautiful and ever so clean Poipet Cambodia.

They go get the Visias in Phenom Pen for you.

Maybe you could do it yourself maybe not I dont really know..

My Visa was Toast so I could not mess around any more,so I just let them do it...

This could be a good option for some people...Forest

I found it in the Pattaya Secrets Forum

Maybe somebody in Pattaya can check this.

So the Pattay visarun company, BRI & JOY Travel, brings you by bus to a hotel in Poipet, then brings all the passports to the Thai consulate in Phnom Penh to get the visas and brings them back to Poipet. Clever idea. I wonder how Jack Golf does it.

--

Maestro

…Did you see the large ad in todays "Post" from Jacks Golf advertising visa trips to.......wait for it.....Phnom Pen! …

My scanner went on the blink and I haven't been able to fix it yet so I photographed the advertisement:

--

Maestro

good posting, but what's this about Phil and Malay?

My inclination is to do it myself if needs be, but Jacks Golf seems good value - a coach trip to Laos, a couple of nights in one of their shxte overpriced guest houses, and extras, must be about 6000 with the cost of the visa.

Athough I like quirky old Penang and even the train ride, overall must be a good 6000 too. You have to hand in to Jacks, but with these schemes you always wonder about the legality.

I think this one is alright after all you do leave the country and the stamps must be valid.

http://www.jackgolf.com/en/news/208.php

Nowhere do I see that Jack gets you a double entry. As 1 night hotel is included I guess they do it in a different way than Brie Enjoy ...

You are right. I'm going to adjust the topic title. Looks like Jack Golf gets you a single entry, Brie and Joy a double entry, but we still have to see confirmation from a ThaiVisa member getting this visa.

--

Maestro

http://www.jackgolf.com/en/news/208.php

Nowhere do I see that Jack gets you a double entry. As 1 night hotel is included I guess they do it in a different way than Brie Enjoy ...

You are right. I'm going to adjust the topic title. Looks like Jack Golf gets you a single entry, Brie and Joy a double entry, but we still have to see confirmation from a ThaiVisa member getting this visa.

--

Maestro

Could this just be a wise business decision by Jack Golf?

Why get double entries meaning that their customers would not have to go back for 6 months instead of three.

Single Entry (1 x 2 month) Visa has always been available in PP.

Always? Not according to these three posts, the links to which I saved:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Enormous-Sha...ion-t86514.html

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/60-Day-Touri...enh-t88980.html

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Visa-Run-Phe...nh-t219282.html

--

Maestro

good posting, but what's this about Phil and Malay?

Filipinos and Malaysians don't need a visa to enter Cambodia, that's why they're knocking off 1000 for them. It's actually a mutual courtesy extended to all ASEAN nationals.

OK I just talked to the woman at Jack's Golf. She said Phnom Penh is a single-entry not double entry tourist visa. Also, the bus takes you to the border and you sleep there. They take your passport to Phnom Penh to get the visa then they bring it back to you. It's only single entry but man that is more appealing than the crazy long bus ride to Laos. It's not exactly cheap though, is it?

I posted about this the other week ,

you can get a non B there as well, as long as you have all the paper work in order,

3 fillopinos from my school went there with an agency in bangkok

colino

Edited by colino

OK I just talked to the woman at Jack's Golf. She said Phnom Penh is a single-entry not double entry tourist visa. Also, the bus takes you to the border and you sleep there. They take your passport to Phnom Penh to get the visa then they bring it back to you. It's only single entry but man that is more appealing than the crazy long bus ride to Laos. It's not exactly cheap though, is it?

Like Brie Enjoy .... but only a single entry instead of a double entry (still to be confirmed).

Edited by sniffdog

I just got back from Cambodia with 2 bright and shiny 2 month Thai tourist Visas,that can be extendend in Jomtien for 1 month each for a total of 6 months.
It was NOT possible to get a double-entry... :o

but no problem to get 2 simple-entry at the same time :D

Result is same same.

Read these two posts real close They say the same thing. (change simple to single) Two single entry tourist visas. Not a 2 entry tourist visa.

I guess it's possible and it would give you 2 entries. As long as you used either one of them before the use by date.

I just got back from Cambodia on Friday. I am British and applied for a tourist visa at the Royal Embassy of Thailand in Phnom Penh. I heard before so many bad reports about the Embassy, I found none of them to be true. The staff were friendly, except to two guys who were demanding things without doing their homework and not having all correct papers. It was quick and no hassle. Collected and filled in the application form one day(8th Dec.) and collected the visa the next (9th Dec.). I asked for a double entry. My visa states "NO. OF ENTRY - TWO" It did however cost 70 USD. It says "ENTER BEFORE 7.MARCH 2009"

Can someone please explain how this works? The visa (entry stamp) is from 19th Dec until 16th Feb. I believe I can get an extention of 30 days at the immigration office in BKK. If I leave Thailand in March can I still re-enter in April for the second entry or does my second entry also have to be before 7. March 2009 and does my re-entry give me another 2 months with the option of 30 day extension at the immigration office?

I just got back from Cambodia on Friday. I am British and applied for a tourist visa at the Royal Embassy of Thailand in Phnom Penh. I heard before so many bad reports about the Embassy, I found none of them to be true. The staff were friendly, except to two guys who were demanding things without doing their homework and not having all correct papers. It was quick and no hassle. Collected and filled in the application form one day(8th Dec.) and collected the visa the next (9th Dec.). I asked for a double entry. My visa states "NO. OF ENTRY - TWO" It did however cost 70 USD. It says "ENTER BEFORE 7.MARCH 2009"

Can someone please explain how this works? The visa (entry stamp) is from 19th Dec until 16th Feb. I believe I can get an extention of 30 days at the immigration office in BKK. If I leave Thailand in March can I still re-enter in April for the second entry or does my second entry also have to be before 7. March 2009 and does my re-entry give me another 2 months with the option of 30 day extension at the immigration office?

You can get an extension for thirty days. You will have to leave and re-enter before March 7th to use the 2nd entry.

It sounds like maybe they have changed a bit for the better. The 2 entry visa is big news.

Edited by ubonjoe

…Collected and filled in the application form one day(8th Dec.) and collected the visa the next (9th Dec.). I asked for a double entry. My visa states "NO. OF ENTRY - TWO" .

Now we have the confirmation from a ThaiVisa member we have been waiting for.

--

Maestro

Ubonjoe The 2 entry visa is big news. What is new? Back in 2003/2004 I got one. Maestro, you are very helpful in here; if you really want a 'copy for your collection' PM me your email addy. . The one I had and, it appears, the one Tony Cheston got are 2 visas on one stamp, so not really a dbl entry visa, just one page for 2. --- "NO. OF ENTRY - TWO"

Why get double entries meaning that their customers would not have to go back for 6 months instead of three

Monkeyface OK I just talked to the woman at Jack's Golf. She said Phnom Penh is a single-entry not double entry tourist visa. This is curious and, possibly, a good point. Perhaps Jacl sees the 'sense' of not letting customers know that 2 are available?

Sunholidays Single Entry (1 x 2 month) Visa has always been available in PP. Double Entry ? I think NOT !! Unless you know 100 % sure !!

Pattaya46 It was NOT possible to get a double-entry...

but no problem to get 2 single-entry at the same time

Result is same same.

Can somebody Post the expiry dates on the 2 Single-entry? With the 2 in 1 double entry, the expiry date is 6 months from date of Issue. With a single 60 day Tourist Visa, I believe the expiry date is 3 months. Just to be sure, make sure your 2 'shining' 60 day visas don't run out 3 months from now!?

Ubonjoe As long as you used either one of them before the use by date <<<Exactly; check the 'use by date. Date of Expiry – bottom left

That's a novelty, then, a Thai consulate stamping or gluing two single-entry tourist visas into a passport at the same time. I would like to see a scan of that for my collection. Maestro

I had only ONE PAGE glued, but it was good for 2 – 60 day visas.

TonyCheston Collected and filled in the application form one day(8th Dec.) and collected the visa the next (9th Dec.). My visa states "NO. OF ENTRY - TWO" It did however cost 70 USD. I paid $80 can in 2003, $40 each. It says "ENTER BEFORE 7.MARCH 2009" < This is curious. Mine does not have a statement like that. As above it has an expiry date 6 months from Issue of the 2 visas. Your MAR 7th line is 3 months after Issue. Do you have a June 7th Expiry date? Can someone please explain how this works? The visa (entry stamp) is from 19th Dec until 16th Feb. If you spent 11 days, after Issue, in Cambodia, this makes sense? Besides the Entry Stamp, the 19th, look above the Tourist Visa and see if they wrote, in the margin, a circled #1 and stamped 19 DEC 2008 I believe I can get an extension of 30 days at the immigration office in BKK. You can get an extension in Feb, lasting until March, at which time you would have to border cross the activate the 2nd 60 day. They will then stamp USED and write the entry date above it, besides doing the regular stamps. Alternatively, if you are planning a side trip from Thailand, anyway, you could reenter on a 15 day stamp, then border cross to activate the 2nd 60 day one. Upon reentering, if the 60 days takes you to the end of the expiry date, you could just activate then. If the expiry date is June 7th and the activation of the second ones runs out on, for example, May 19, I don't know if the extension would be allowed for 30 days, past the expiry date??? If I leave Thailand in March can I still re-enter in April for the second entry or does my second entry also have to be before 7. <As above, this is very important. You should clarify the total expiry date. My one was 6 months after Issue. Here's hoping you never got gyped. March 2009 and does my re-entry give me another 2 months with the option of 30 day extension at the immigration office?

Noserious Next year's visa run may send me to Phnom Penh.

A very timely, informative and useful post

Back in 2003 / 2004 the Maximum allowable 60 Tourist Visas were 2. They rolled them into one page glued into the Passport, which was mailed back to you. It was my understanding they could only be done from you Home Country, so doing from Thailand to Cambodia is news. Personally, I would want to see the Expiry dates on the two single ones they are handing out, if they run consecutive for 6 months, or they both stick you at 3 months. The 2 in 1 the Poster mentioned is also worth looking at, to see if it expires on March 7!?

I kind of doubt they could be turned into 4 times per year $160 visas, because the most you can buy is 2! When they see the lines of busses avoiding the 15 day border runs, someone will catch on.

Edited by eggomaniac

why ask so many questions

read above jack 6900 thb single entry

bri and joy 12.500 thb double entry

so same price

and 2 entrys,, the visa is last valid after c90 day of issuance,,this means your second entray must be before 90 days after issuance.

thats it.

My scanner went on the blink and I haven't been able to fix it yet so I photographed the advertisement:

--

Maestro

I supposed to use Jack's Golf services on Dec 29th.

Just receive an email from them;

“Today we have something change.

You have to stay overnight at there 2 nights.

It will be 2 nights 3 days trip.

Departs on 5:00am by big bus to Poipet Border.

Need passport + 3 photo.

And the cost will change not 6,600 baht.

After we have meeting today, we will update to our customer on

www.jackgolf.com in what's new?”

Bottom line: Despite being more far (for those who lives in Bangkok) I wonder if the TV to Vientiane comes cheaper and surer …

However, all the trains are fully booked for that date :o

I supposed to use Jack's Golf services on Dec 29th.

All consulates will be closed from the 31st to the 4th so that may be why Jack can't confrim anything.

If you traveled on the 29th to Vientiane it would be the 5th before you got your passport back. The 29th is the last day you can appy for a visa and still get your passport back this year. The 29th is going to be bad you would need to be there early early or you might not get your application in.

If your permit to stay is running out I suggest you go to immigration and get a 7 day extension for 1900 baht or make a border run and get 14 days.

You could make a rush trip to Vientiane this week. Wed. would be the best day to apply. Thursday will be real busy I am sure.

Edited by ubonjoe

Yes no more holidays that week. They will be back to their normal Monday to Friday schedule.

But you can be sure that the 5th will be more busy than a normal Monday. Best to go Tuesday. But Wed. might even be better because there could be a lot of people that will be there Tuesday that got turned away on Monday.

Edited by ubonjoe