Tourist visa now available in Phnom Penh

Can somebody put this 'news' in perspective by comparing it to the 'extinct' 30 day visa runs and, also, as an alternative to nonO visas.

First of all, can they be run perpetually, like the 30 day runs used to?

I 'used' to think Tourist Visas could only obtained in one's home country and I 'believe' the maximum allotment is 2, which adds up to 6 months, including the extensions. There are restrictions to the total amount of time that entry stamps and the new 15 day runs can add up to in a year, correct?

Would these tourist visa runs amount to an 'end run' around that?

If the answer is, YES, that they can be obtained perpetually; then for about $800 American per year, plus whatever 4 'extension' visits to BKK would cost you could Visa in Thailand for a year. [4 x B6600 runs to Cambodia plus 4 trips to Jomten]

That is 26,400, with the 'perk' of getting to spend 4 nights per year in Phnom Phen, compared to about B5000 for a one year nonO.

---

By getting a Tourist Visa in Cambodia, you gain at least a week or two, to be on the safe side, over getting one in your home country. Unless they changed it, you cannot 'walk the Visa out'. In your home country, you have to wait for them to mail it to you, return your passport. The Expiry date is 3 months for the single and 6 months for the double from the 'Date of Issue'. You have to book your flight to take in the processing and return mail time. It is a bit concerning trusting your passport and visa to them and then the post office and booking your flight, hoping it will show up on time. If they haven't upgraded to a 'walk in' system, that flying to Phnom Phen, to get one there, sounds enticing. [if you want to tour Cambodia, get the Thai Visa on the last day, not the 1rst, as you will burn off Thai time from the time of Issue.]

It is important to verify if the double one from Cambodia, mentioned in a previous response, has a 6 month expiry date!?

The Poster above hints at a 3 month date??? "entry by March 7" and it should be proved whether the 2 single ones, folks are getting, have 'consecutive' 3 month expiry dates that add up 6 months!? Yes, you can get 2, but they are rolled into one sticker, on one page of the passport. 2 single ones might? just have a maximum life of 3 months? in which case Jack's is the honest broker.

Edited by eggomaniac

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

eggomaniac

Tourist visas have always been available at any consulate. And as far as I know there never has been a limit on how many you can get in a year.

At the moment there is no limit on the number of 15 or 30 day visa exempt entries you can do.

A tourist or some other type of visa is what they want you to do. It is not an end run around anything.

You can do a visa run to Vientiane about every 6 months and get a new 2 entry tourist visa. If it holds true that PP Cambodia has become more friendly and giving two entry tourist visas then that's another good option. You could even alternate between them.

In the states and other countries it has been reported that you can get 3 entry tourist visas with a 6 month use before date with those you could get almost 9 months.

It also has been reported that the Hull consulate and some other honorary consulates in the UK have a walk in service where you can have your visa in minutes. Hull has a mail in service that can gives a 3 day turnaround using overnight delivery service there and back.

You don't need a 6 month use before date on a tourist visa if you are just going to do a a border run after your extension has run out. You may loose one day after the visa is issued and 1 at the end each time. That still gives you almost 6 months.

Edited by ubonjoe

Joe

eggomaniac

Tourist visas have always been available at any consulate. And as far as I know there never has been a limit on how many you can get in a year. I never said there was a yearly limit. Like you say, they only hand out 2 at a time, and I have also heard of rare cases where they got 3. When the 2 run out, I imagine you can fly home and get 2 more.

At the moment there is no limit on the number of 15 or 30 day visa exempt entries you can do.

A tourist or some other type of visa is what they want you to do. It is not an end run around anything.

OK, I read you can do the 30 15 up to a maximum of 90 days. [one entry and 4 border runs]; at which time you have to get out of Thailand for 90 days. Is this not true? Maybe 'end run' is not a good descriptor. receiving Back to back 90 day stays with only 2, $200 runs is quite an 'alternative' to 90 days of back and forth, then out for 90.

You can do a visa run to Vientiane about every 6 months and get a new 2 entry tourist visa. If it holds true that PP Cambodia has become more friendly and giving two entry tourist visas then that's another good option. You could even alternate between them.

I am still curious if the 2 single ones that can be got in PP has one expiry date of 3 months from issue, and 6 months from Issue on the second one!? The only double one I have ever seen was combined into one sticker, with a 6 month expiry date, not 2 seperate stickers.

Joe

eggomaniac

Tourist visas have always been available at any consulate. And as far as I know there never has been a limit on how many you can get in a year. I never said there was a yearly limit. Like you say, they only hand out 2 at a time, and I have also heard of rare cases where they got 3. When the 2 run out, I imagine you can fly home and get 2 more.

OK, I read you can do the 30 15 up to a maximum of 90 days. [one entry and 4 border runs]; at which time you have to get out of Thailand for 90 days. Is this not true? Maybe 'end run' is not a good descriptor. receiving Back to back 90 day stays with only 2, $200 runs is quite an 'alternative' to 90 days of back and forth, then out for 90.

I am still curious if the 2 single ones that can be got in PP has one expiry date of 3 months from issue, and 6 months from Issue on the second one!? The only double one I have ever seen was combined into one sticker, with a 6 month expiry date, not 2 seperate stickers.

The 90 days in 6 months rule went away when they changed the border entries to 15 days. Saying that you had to stay out of the country for 90 days was a term used by some individuals and websites that got a lot of people confused. You did not have to stay out of the country you just could not use visa exempt entries for 90 days. You could get a visa and come back.

So now if you wanted to make a border run every two weeks you could do it forever or until they change the rule again. The same goes for making a monthly flight out and back and getting 30 days each time.

I checked fares for a flight to KL one month in advance and did a cost comparison to Jack golf's price doing 2 border runs and it was a little cheaper to make a monthly flight than border runs.

You don't have to fly home to get another 2 entry tourist visa. Just go to Vientiane for a 2 entry.

You make it a little confusing when you say they only hand 2 out at a time. It is better to say a 2 entry tourist visa. Although from a couple of the posts in this topic it sounds like an agent got two separate single entry visas for a member plus from a post on another forum. Both would have a 90 day use by date.

A tourist visa has a use before date on it that can be 90 days or 180 days after date of issue. If 90 days you have to use the 2nd entry before that date or even the first entry if you got the visa to far in advance or had to cancel your trip. After you are in the country it does not matter that it has expired only the permit to stay stamp matters then as with any visa entry. You can still get an extension with an expired visa. The 180 days on a 2 entry tourist visa only helps if you are going to go out of the country for a period of time and then want to use the 2nd entry or got it far in advance of your planned arrival date.

There was a recent post from a member that had been in touch with the consulate in Houston and they told him that they would issue a 3 entry tourist visa. There have been other posts saying the same for other countries and consulates. With that you could get almost 9 months without getting another visa.

Other than those issued by nearby consulates that issue visas with 90 day dates most tourist visas are issued with a 180 day dates.

Edited by ubonjoe

There was a recent post from a member that had been in touch with the consulate in Houston and they told him that they would issue a 3 entry tourist visa. There have been other posts saying the same for other countries and consulates. With that you could get almost 9 months without getting another visa.

Other than those issued by nearby consulates that issue visas with 90 day dates most tourist visas are issued with a 180 day dates.

Royal Thai Embassy in Finland gives you that

post-49774-1230012344_thumb.jpg

Edited by hullupullo

When I came to Thailand 5 years ago The Thai Consulate in Hull gave me a 4 Entry Tourist Visa.

Up until October 2006 the Penang Consulate was issuing 3 entry tourist visas...valid for 6 months.

I believe the Vientiane consulate will issue 3 or 4 entries now, but the visa will only be valid for 3 months.

The Devil is in the details.

The only advantage of this 'triple' entry, over a 'double entry', that I can think of, is if you 'want' an extra trip out of Thailand in the 6 month period?

Notice this single sticker, triple entry is good for the same 6 months as a double entry!

The 75 Euro - $105 is the cost of 3 visas. a double entry, $70, is also good for 6 months; so unless you 'want' a side trip to another country, why pay more for a triple?

[[[They used to say 'Expiry Date', now they say 'Enter Before']]]

notice 10 days get burned from Issue Date to 1rst use? [The delay in mailing]. If you want your full 6 months, a little tour of Laos or PP first might do it?, as, apparently?, you can get 6 months there and zip right into Thailand.

[because I'm so dang curious, wondering if the 2nd entry was after a one month extension in BKK, or returning from a side trip? Notice the 3nd Entry was about 2 months after the 2nd, with less than a month left.]

Edited by eggomaniac

I believe the Vientiane consulate will issue 3 or 4 entries now, but the visa will only be valid for 3 months.

a four entry on a 2 month, plus 1 month extension visa, would be weird, especially, if they charge for 4 visas?! These sound designed for those wanting to 'visit' as many countries as they can.

If you got a single Entry, you could Enter the Kingdom on the 30 day entry stamp, not touching the Visa. After a month then a side trip out, say 2 weeks? you could renter on your Tourist Visa. With 1 1/2 months left on that you could do any other side trips on Entry Stamps.

hmm.. I hope someone isn't paying $140 for something they can do on Entry stamps!?

I just got back from Cambodia on Friday. I am British and applied for a tourist visa at the Royal Embassy of Thailand in Phnom Penh. I heard before so many bad reports about the Embassy, I found none of them to be true. The staff were friendly, except to two guys who were demanding things without doing their homework and not having all correct papers. It was quick and no hassle. Collected and filled in the application form one day(8th Dec.) and collected the visa the next (9th Dec.). I asked for a double entry. My visa states "NO. OF ENTRY - TWO" It did however cost 70 USD. It says "ENTER BEFORE 7.MARCH 2009"

Just concerned that you might have a 3 month visa, double entry, and be thinking you have 2 that add up to 6 months?

That $70 means you paid for 2 visas. that march 7th means it expires it 3 months. Did you think you were getting 2 for 6 months?

If you 'need' 2 entries, just pay for one.\, come in on the 30 day Entry stamp, not touching the Visa, then activate the Visa when you return from your side trip.

Good thing you never asked for a quadruple, they very glad to take more money.

TonyCheston Collected and filled in the application form one day(8th Dec.) and collected the visa the next (9th Dec.). My visa states "NO. OF ENTRY - TWO" It did however cost 70 USD. I paid $80 can in 2003, $40 each. It says "ENTER BEFORE 7.MARCH 2009" < This is curious. Mine does not have a statement like that. As above it has an expiry date 6 months from Issue of the 2 visas. Your MAR 7th line is 3 months after Issue. Do you have a June 7th Expiry date? Can someone please explain how this works? The visa (entry stamp) is from 19th Dec until 16th Feb. If you spent 11 days, after Issue, in Cambodia, this makes sense? Besides the Entry Stamp, the 19th, look above the Tourist Visa and see if they wrote, in the margin, a circled #1 and stamped 19 DEC 2008 I believe I can get an extension of 30 days at the immigration office in BKK. You can get an extension in Feb, lasting until March, at which time you would have to border cross the activate the 2nd 60 day. They will then stamp USED and write the entry date above it, besides doing the regular stamps. Alternatively, if you are planning a side trip from Thailand, anyway, you could reenter on a 15 day stamp, then border cross to activate the 2nd 60 day one. Upon reentering, if the 60 days takes you to the end of the expiry date, you could just activate then. If the expiry date is June 7th and the activation of the second ones runs out on, for example, May 19, I don't know if the extension would be allowed for 30 days, past the expiry date??? If I leave Thailand in March can I still re-enter in April for the second entry or does my second entry also have to be before 7. <As above, this is very important. You should clarify the total expiry date. My one was 6 months after Issue. Here's hoping you never got gyped. March 2009 and does my re-entry give me another 2 months with the option of 30 day extension at the immigration office?

Noserious Next year's visa run may send me to Phnom Penh.

A very timely, informative and useful post

No I do not have an expire date, only the "Enter before" date. Nowhere can I see an expire date, only on the entry stamp the date of "until" 16th February.

There is no number 1 on the entry stamp dated 19th December.

Am I right in believing that I could visit Laos in January and re-enter on a 15 day stamp so as not to lose the value of my 2nd entry, which I want to use in February after visiting Korea?

No I do not have an expire date, only the "Enter before" date. Nowhere can I see an expire date, only on the entry stamp the date of "until" 16th February.

There is no number 1 on the entry stamp dated 19th December.

Am I right in believing that I could visit Laos in January and re-enter on a 15 day stamp so as not to lose the value of my 2nd entry, which I want to use in February after visiting Korea?

The "Enter Before" date is the expiry date.

You can ask the Immigration Officer if he can do this. Most times they do oblige.

You would have to enter Thailand before the Enter Before date or lose the second entry.

The Devil is in the details.

The only advantage of this 'triple' entry, over a 'double entry', that I can think of, is if you 'want' an extra trip out of Thailand in the 6 month period?

Notice this single sticker, triple entry is good for the same 6 months as a double entry!

The 75 Euro - $105 is the cost of 3 visas. a double entry, $70, is also good for 6 months; so unless you 'want' a side trip to another country, why pay more for a triple?

[[[They used to say 'Expiry Date', now they say 'Enter Before']]]

notice 10 days get burned from Issue Date to 1rst use? [The delay in mailing]. If you want your full 6 months, a little tour of Laos or PP first might do it?, as, apparently?, you can get 6 months there and zip right into Thailand.

[because I'm so dang curious, wondering if the 2nd entry was after a one month extension in BKK, or returning from a side trip? Notice the 3nd Entry was about 2 months after the 2nd, with less than a month left.]

Look real close at the hand written numbers and stamps a the top of visa. He used the last entry (3) in November that means he has a permit to stay until January and he can get a 30 day extension and stay until February. He skipped doing an extension for the 2nd entry or it would be March. If had extened his stay he could of left and returned on the 14th of Dec. and gotten another 60 day entry. Thats would be about 80 days more than a 2 entry visa.

The use before date does not mean you have to out of the country before that date. It means you have to use it to enter the country until that date. You can get an extension at immigration after the visa expires because you are extending the permit stay gotten when entering the country not the visa.

Yes he lost 10 days because he got the visa a little early.

In a later posts you mentioned getting an entry stamp. Are you aware that you only get 30 days if flying in now. At the border you only get 15 days.

The 90 days in 6 months rule went away when they changed the border entries to 15 days. Saying that you had to stay out of the country for 90 days was a term used by some individuals and websites that got a lot of people confused. You did not have to stay out of the country you just could not use visa exempt entries for 90 days. You could get a visa and come back.

So now if you wanted to make a border run every two weeks you could do it forever or until they change the rule again. The same goes for making a monthly flight out and back and getting 30 days each time.

Well, thank gawd for Forums like this and thank you for you patience Joe. I've 'almost' got it figured, so they can change it again!

Yes, I had read thought the out for 90 days came in with the 15 day reentry Stamps, but you are saying that was in a previous stage with 30 days runs. check

The 15 day stamps, by land, and the 30 day stamps, by air, are pertually renewable. check

You have penetrated my thick skull, there is no 'end run. check

I checked fares for a flight to KL one month in advance and did a cost comparison to Jack golf's price doing 2 border runs and it was a little cheaper to make a monthly flight than border runs.

Flights to KL[How many per year?] cost less than the 4 runs to PP $800? [approx B26,000]?

You make it a little confusing when you say they only hand 2 out at a time. It is better to say a 2 entry tourist visa. Although from a couple of the posts in this topic it sounds like an agent got two separate single entry visas for a member plus from a post on another forum. Both would have a 90 day use by date.

Okay, I'm changing that to 'maximum' visas that add up to 6 months. I believe you can only get an 'expiry date' not more than 6 months with Tourist visas, they now call expiry date, 'enter before'. You need at least 2 visas for the 6 months, and that would be a double entry.

In the past few days, I have discovered in the Forum you can add Entry dates by paying the full price of a full visa, without adding any time to 'enter before' date.

I replied in Tony Cheston's post my concern that people might get this added 'entry' confused with a full visa. He paid 2 Visa price, got 2 entries, but only 3 months.

I don't know if anybody answered the question about those that claim they got 2 visas, single entry, on the the run PP, with Brie and Joy?, as to whether one of them had an Enter before that is 6 months off? Why get 2 single entries that expire in 90 days???

A tourist visa has a use before date on it that can be 90 days or 180 days after date of issue. If 90 days you have to use the 2nd entry before that date or even the first entry if you got the visa to far in advance or had to cancel your trip. After you are in the country it does not matter that it has expired only the permit to stay stamp matters then as with any visa entry. You can still get an extension with an expired visa. The 180 days on a 2 entry tourist visa only helps if you are going to go out of the country for a period of time and then want to use the 2nd entry or got it far in advance of your planned arrival date.

<< Dang, you are usually right, but I used a 6 month double entry without going out for period of time. After the 1rst 90 days I went into Cambodia for 30 minutes and activated the 2nd Entry on the same day. Except for this brief border crossing, spent all the time in Thailand.

Right now, I do not think you can get 9 months. The 3 entry would logically give 3 more months, you would think? The expample, in a previous post, that was scanned was triple entry and 6 months.

I want to know if the Tourist Visas in PP, Laos, or KL are the single stamp, double entry, 6 month ones? Or if 2 of the 3 month, single entry ones go for 6 months total.

That way you get 7 months, by flying into Thailand and going to get your 6 month one after the first month. You could sprinkle in some 15 day or 30 border runs, as well.

I applied for a double entry tourist visa at the Phnom Penh embassy yesterday and picked it up today. It was completely empty both times, so probably counts as the quickest and most hassle-free visa I've ever got. The lady at the desk asked me if I wanted 2 entries (as I wrote on the application form), as this would cost double ($70), and I confirmed that I did. I asked her if I would receive another 2 months when I re-entered after my initial 60 + 30 day extension, but she just gave a shy giggle and said she didn't know. From reading these forums, I assume this is the case, otherwise I've just wasted $35 (which would pay for a dam_n fine xmas eve night out in Phnom Penh).

Hope this info is useful and please confirm that I can now stay 6 months in total without having to pay for another visa.

Cheers

Just to add a little extra background info, I entered Thailand earlier this year on a 30 day exemption, then went to Laos and got a tourist visa, which I extended for 30 days and then did 3 30 day border runs to Burma. I've spent the last 3 months in Cambodia though, so don't know if that helped.

I applied for a double entry tourist visa at the Phnom Penh embassy yesterday and picked it up today. It was completely empty both times, so probably counts as the quickest and most hassle-free visa I've ever got. The lady at the desk asked me if I wanted 2 entries (as I wrote on the application form), as this would cost double ($70), and I confirmed that I did. I asked her if I would receive another 2 months when I re-entered after my initial 60 + 30 day extension, but she just gave a shy giggle and said she didn't know. From reading these forums, I assume this is the case, otherwise I've just wasted $35 (which would pay for a dam_n fine xmas eve night out in Phnom Penh).

Hope this info is useful and please confirm that I can now stay 6 months in total without having to pay for another visa.

Cheers

This is very encouraging news.

The $70 comes to about 2,400 baht. Was there an option to pay in baht?

This is very encouraging news

I heard (can't mention the font) they can give a double TV if you apply (and pay) for both.

With Jack Golf services they only give you one (commercial reasons tough).

However they take good care about everything.

About my visa and extensions. Yes I loose some days from start. That was because in Finland I live far from Helsinki and I apply visa when I happened to be in city for some other business. In Thailand I live up country and I don't apply any extensions because it will cost me so much. For travel Bangkok and back, taxi bus or whatever in Bangkok, hotel one night and extension, we are talking about 3500 thb.Yes I apply it for my first entry because I was in Bangkok for some other business.

After I did two border runs to Myawaddy, Myanmar (costs me about 1500 thb each) and next I will go to Vientiane in january to get double entry TR. That will cost me about 6500 thb. Not including food or drink because I have to eat everywhere I stay, even in home. Btw, AirAsia promotin price BKK-UTH-BKK 406 thb :o

And eggomaniac, please, learn quote. Very hard to understand what is your post and what you quote.

Edited by hullupullo

For travel Bangkok and back, taxi bus or whatever in Bangkok, hotel one night and extension, we are talking about 3500 thb.Yes I apply it for my first entry because I was in Bangkok for some other business.

You don't have to do your extensions in Bangkok. I think there are immigration offices closer to you. See this list on immigration website: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=phone

You can call them to be sure they will do an extension.

Edited by ubonjoe

For travel Bangkok and back, taxi bus or whatever in Bangkok, hotel one night and extension, we are talking about 3500 thb.Yes I apply it for my first entry because I was in Bangkok for some other business.

You don't have to do your extensions in Bangkok. I think there are immigration offices closer to you. See this list on immigration website: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=phone

You can call them to be sure they will do an extension.

Please tell me which is nearest and I can go there using public transportation? Living in Uthai Thani province, near Swang Arom. I think that will be Bangkok. Ok there is Tak but still have to stay one night in hotel and to go there I have take three different bus. Instead to Bangkok I can take minibus down the road.

Just a suggestion.

I had a look at the map to see where you were at before posting. Without your own trasnportation it can be a problem.

Where I live getting anywhere without your own transportation makes for a long slow trip. I live 30 K (15 of it unpaved) from the amphoe where you can take a bus or other forms to transport. From there it is 55 K to Ubon.

Just to add a little extra background info, I entered Thailand earlier this year on a 30 day exemption, then went to Laos and got a tourist visa, which I extended for 30 days and then did 3 30 day border runs to Burma. I've spent the last 3 months in Cambodia though, so don't know if that helped.

Chris, you have the answer to my question. What is the Enter Before date on your Double Entry. Enter Before = Expiry Date.

If it is the end of JUNE, on at least one of them, you got a good deal. If it March, you know why she giggling. In that case you paid full Visa price for privelege of being able to exit and Enter.

Edited by eggomaniac

Cheers

Something Ubonjoe said, or I think? he said, looks like it will be okay even if the Enter Before date is March 23. This is what has to be verified; but it might? be possible that if you Enter March 22, you get the 2 extra months you paid for, plus an extension, taking you up to June. ?If this is true, the triple entry, 6 monther, ?might? add up to almost 9 months.

This makes sense and I HOPE that is what Enter Before means.

i was planning to go to vietienne on Jan 22nd, 09, for the double tourist, so is it confirmed I can get the same thing in Phnom Penh? 6months double tourist?

According to the post by StChris yes. He was in Cambodia for a period of time but that should not make any difference. So yes you may get it if you go on your own.

But not if you use Jack golf's service.

Getting there is the problem unless you fly.

We may have additional posts confirming (or not) the double entries before you have to go for your visa so keep an eye on this topic.

Cheers

Something Ubonjoe said, or I think? he said, looks like it will be okay even if the Enter Before date is March 23. This is what has to be verified; but it might? be possible that if you Enter March 22, you get the 2 extra months you paid for, plus an extension, taking you up to June. ?If this is true, the triple entry, 6 monther, ?might? add up to almost 9 months.

I think I have made it quite clear in my previous posts what the use before date means.

He will get the other entry as long as he goes before the use before date. He will then get a permit to stay until May and then be able to extend that entry for 30 days which does make a total of 6 months.

If he had a 3 entry visa with a 6 month use before day he would be able leave and re-enter and get the 60+ 30 again which would give a total of almost 9 months,

This is exactly what the use before date means.

I think I have made it quite clear in my previous posts what the use before date means.

He will get the other entry as long as he goes before the use before date. He will then get a permit to stay until May and then be able to extend that entry for 30 days which does make a total of 6 months.

If he had a 3 entry visa with a 6 month use before day he would be able leave and re-enter and get the 60+ 30 again which would give a total of almost 9 months,

This is exactly what the use before date means.

That is Golden. Thought that was what you said, but could find the Post again. My next trip to Thailand I was planning a visit to Laos. Instead, I will start in Laos. After the time there, I will get the 6 month 'Enter Before' triple entry. I really like the 'walk in' aspect of picking up the Visa; instead of mailing it off to Vancouver and having to book Departure with the Passport 'expected' back in the mail.

If someone, who had never been to Thailand, came in overland, do they get the 15 days or the 30 one gets by flying in?

My next trip to Thailand I was planning a visit to Laos. Instead, I will start in Laos. After the time there, I will get the 6 month 'Enter Before' triple entry. I really like the 'walk in' aspect of picking up the Visa; instead of mailing it off to Vancouver and having to book Departure with the Passport 'expected' back in the mail.

If someone, who had never been to Thailand, came in overland, do they get the 15 days or the 30 one gets by flying in?

You will not get a 3 entry with a 6 month use before date in Laos or any nearby conuslate. Vientiane only issues 2 entry tourist visa with 90 day use before dates.

If you want more than that you should get one in Canada before you leave. See this page from the Ottawa embassy where near the bottom of the page you will find a list of consulates you might find one closer than Vancouver (IE: Edmonton or Calgary).

Link: http://www.magma.ca/~thaiott/visa3.htm

If you cross the border you will get 15 days. It does not matter if you have never been here before.