Gun Crime: Where's More Dangerous

sharecropper

You may think this is rhetorical, but on Hua Hin's rarely updated, little-contributed-to TV site, there are two threads detailing foreigners being shot in Hua Hin, whereas in Pattaya is it quite rare, although admittedly farang regularly get a pasting on the streets here.

And another thing, is everyone super scared of the Hua Hin Farang mafia or something - nobody ever posts updated or clear information on these incidents on the HH board, it's all stuff like "oh, shhhh. It's you know who and I can't say, because, well, you know what, with them..." cloak and dagger crap.

Pleasant as a short trip to Hua Hin always is, give me opinionated, earthy Pattaya anyday. I'd rather get my head kicked in than blown off.

Edited by sharecropper

Hua Hin AKA Jurassic Park due to the dinosaurs that live there, what are they shooting each other with, a blunderbuss :o

Amusing but presumptuous in the extreme.

I can't say for sure that ANYONE is shooting at anyone there; it's too early to say, and let's be fair to all parties, and wait for the facts to come out in the due course of time, and after an appropriate investigation by the authorities, rather than sling unsubstantiated rumours of shooting or dinosaurs or of anyone actually living in Hua Hin on this forum.

Careless talk and all that. Nudge nudge wink wink.

If the town is as quiet as the board, where do the gunslingers come from?

Seriously, you have more chance of dying in a plane crash than being shot in Thailand. A recent thread on Samui forum sums up that a few shootings a year makes people think they are living in a war torn area.

Guns are common place in Thailand but farangs being shot rarely happens.

Go enjoy yourselfe in Hua Hin, but be careful of the lady boys late at night.... :o

Hua Hin AKA Jurassic Park due to the dinosaurs that live there,

are you the same kurgen from pattaya (AKA dodge city) that was recently stabbed (and hopefully fully recovered now) in the chest by your next door neighbour ?

Ahhh, but he wasn't shot ! :o

(then again, maybe he was, but changed it to being stabbed, in order to "hush hush" the affair, because the "powers that be" don't want people to think Pattaya is more dangerous than Hua Hin ?) :D

Pattaya has a lot of gun-related crime incidents, though for the most part it is usually Thai on Thai.

(If anyone asks, I didn't tell you that. It's all "wink-wink, nudge-nudge", and I don't want the donair lady at the corner of soi Diamond and Walking Street putting out a contract on me for saying too much.) :D

You may think this is rhetorical, but on Hua Hin's rarely updated, little-contributed-to TV site, there are two threads detailing foreigners being shot in Hua Hin, whereas in Pattaya is it quite rare, although admittedly farang regularly get a pasting on the streets here.

And another thing, is everyone super scared of the Hua Hin Farang mafia or something - nobody ever posts updated or clear information on these incidents on the HH board, it's all stuff like "oh, shhhh. It's you know who and I can't say, because, well, you know what, with them..." cloak and dagger crap.

Pleasant as a short trip to Hua Hin always is, give me opinionated, earthy Pattaya anyday. I'd rather get my head kicked in than blown off.

I don't know about Hua Hin but make sure you 'Vest up' in Kanchanaburi, theres been no shortage of farangs gunned down up there. For some reason there always seems to be bars & drunk people involved :o:D:D:D

I don't know about Hua Hin but make sure you 'Vest up' in Kanchanaburi, theres been no shortage of farangs gunned down up there. For some reason there always seems to be bars & drunk people involved :D:D:D:D

Thats interesting to know. How many exactly this year. Were they killed or only injured. Why were they shot. Were the perpetrators caught. Was it Thai on Farang or Farang on Farang. You mentioned bars...were they actually shot whilst in the bars. Do you have a source we can read about this, local paper or were all the shootings in national or international press. When you say no end I assume they are frequent weekly/bi weekly basis. More info am very interested :o

I don't know about Hua Hin but make sure you 'Vest up' in Kanchanaburi, theres been no shortage of farangs gunned down up there. For some reason there always seems to be bars & drunk people involved :D:wai::D:D

Thats interesting to know. How many exactly this year. Were they killed or only injured. Why were they shot. Were the perpetrators caught. Was it Thai on Farang or Farang on Farang. You mentioned bars...were they actually shot whilst in the bars. Do you have a source we can read about this, local paper or were all the shootings in national or international press. When you say no end I assume they are frequent weekly/bi weekly basis. More info am very interested :o

Pothai,

I remember one shooting in Kan where an Australian nurse from Brisbane was shot in the head in a cross-fire type situation at the 'Up 2 you bar' which is located on the Bridge road in Kanchanburi, but its down the southern end of the road near froggies or whatever that backpacker place is called. It was a drive-by type thing & the bar was shot up pretty good, the aussie girl was shot in the head & deaded as a result of this.

there was another one there where an intoxicated off duty policeman shot someone (male) because of a jealousy thing involving a bar girl, i think that was also on the bridge road.

earlier this year or perhaps the end of last year I remember hearing about another shooting up there, i just remember thinking, ohh again.

Sorry, most days I'm flat out remembering what i forgot yesterday, but there has been a few over the last couple of years. If you do a search on TV, I think you will find a few posts....im sure a few tv posters will remember what im talking about. PERHAPS I'm just losing it (again). :D

Hua hin is a lovely little hamlet... Right now all the problems are leading to lots more

suspicious recent farang deaths in hua hin.

man killed and barbecued by his wife and/or her friends a couple of years ago.

the killers were eventually found guilty and jailed.

man shot outside his home in alleged real estate dispute , i think he was shot in the spine and he is still in hospital.

he was in the process of suing a farang developer over problems with the house he had paid for. his car was recently firebombed too.

errrr , thats about it.

as currencies crash and the economic downturn in europe gathers pace , expect the hua hin real estate business , which is heavily dependant on euro-retirees , to suffer considerably. this may lead to more in-fighting between them as they desperately scrap for customers to fill their oversupply of empty plots and substandard constructions.

condos do well here , due to the lively purchasing power of bangkok thais , but they wouldnt be seen dead in the awful stalags that are marketed at europeans.

hopefully , this crisis will rid hua hin of many of the real estate businesses (and their despicable owners and agents) that have sprouted up here in the past few years , and allow the scarred and increasingly treeless hinterland to repair itself.

Hua Hin AKA Jurassic Park due to the dinosaurs that live there,

are you the same kurgen from pattaya (AKA dodge city) that was recently stabbed (and hopefully fully recovered now) in the chest by your next door neighbour ?

there's only one Kurgen, thankfully some would say :o

Hua hin is a lovely little hamlet... Right now all the problems are leading to lots more

suspicious recent farang deaths in hua hin.

man killed and barbecued by his wife and/or her friends a couple of years ago.

the killers were eventually found guilty and jailed.

man shot outside his home in alleged real estate dispute , i think he was shot in the spine and he is still in hospital.

he was in the process of suing a farang developer over problems with the house he had paid for. his car was recently firebombed too.

errrr , thats about it.

as currencies crash and the economic downturn in europe gathers pace , expect the hua hin real estate business , which is heavily dependant on euro-retirees , to suffer considerably. this may lead to more in-fighting between them as they desperately scrap for customers to fill their oversupply of empty plots and substandard constructions.

condos do well here , due to the lively purchasing power of bangkok thais , but they wouldnt be seen dead in the awful stalags that are marketed at europeans.

hopefully , this crisis will rid hua hin of many of the real estate businesses (and their despicable owners and agents) that have sprouted up here in the past few years , and allow the scarred and increasingly treeless hinterland to repair itself.

And also a British guy who was shot and killed in May by an American in Hua Hin, which I have tried to find further information on, but alas, the thread on the HH forum has gone cold. Has there been any updates about this case?

Thanks