Blu-ray Contents

st11x

G'day,

I posted the same in the Chiang Mai forum, I hope it's not a double post as I would also be interested to know if I can find any in the country.

At Carrefour the other day, I saw them selling a LG Blu-Ray player for about 17K. It was a bit of a surprise as I never did find any place selling the Blu-ray discs (the real stuff, not the "real copies").

Where can one find such discs? Are they only on sale in BKK? Are they obscenely expensively still? Wonder if we can order from Amazon otherwise.

Speaking of HD contents, I was at UBC the other day and I said I wanted to cancel my subscription only after a month. They asked me why so soon, I said there's no HD nor anything in 16x9. The lady asked me what HD was! How interesting.

thanks

Matt

I saw Blu-Ray disks in the street market in Penang, back in August.

All pirated.

You sure ?? I follow the copy hidef scene quite a bit and have not yet seen Blu Ray copies out there in the market..

Of course theres some rip off merchants pushing HD-DVD and BluRay discs but those are just dual layer DVD9s.

Would like to know more if you know it.

Exactly my point.. As yet everyone who has claimed otherwise has basically been full of shit.

I have been told theres a shop selling x264 movied encoded on dual layer DVD9s tho. Bit technical for most consumers but good for PC based playback people.

Exactly my point.. As yet everyone who has claimed otherwise has basically been full of shit.

I have been told theres a shop selling x264 movied encoded on dual layer DVD9s tho. Bit technical for most consumers but good for PC based playback people.

exactly how much specs would a media computer need to play x264 Blue Ray rips? are there VGA cards out there that can output HDMI straight to a LCD TV? Can a CPU box be made sub 10k? I would not mind forking out that much for a media PC.

The discs are way too expensive to pirate at the moment. It's all downsampled stuff on DVD.

Yes, but the pirate copies appears to be genuine Bluray, complete with the right packaging, logos, etc. 

And inside is a downsampled DVD disc. Most players will just play it as a DVD, so people don't realize they have bought a fake Bluray disc.

The discs are way too expensive to pirate at the moment. It's all downsampled stuff on DVD.

Yes, but the pirate copies appears to be genuine Bluray, complete with the right packaging, logos, etc.

And inside is a downsampled DVD disc. Most players will just play it as a DVD, so people don't realize they have bought a fake Bluray disc.

My gf bought some from China. The packaging was superb(rivals some retail packingin), but inside was crappy downsampled dvd-5 movies. Don't waste your money.

Boomerang in Central World (formerly World Trade Center) has a fairly large collection. Prices start at THB 969....

http://www.boomerang.co.th

They have order by post service.

Boomerang is the best I know for legitimate blu ray as well. Prices are, as you say, expensive but if you want the real thing than Boomerang is the place to go. They have multiple locations, including one just across from Homeworks (Central Dept. Store) in Central Bangna.

The problem even in the US is while machine prices are coming down, the prices for the discs are yet unchanged (still high).