The Best Sunday Brunch In Phuket!

thaigerd

We have been to the Indigo Pearl today for having their Sunday Brunch: WOW :o

Never ever seen such a huge selection of high quality food items here on the island!

Dishes from around the world including French oyster & cheeses, a whole roasted lamb and 4 different wines (free flow) and that for less than 1500THB a person.

Sorry, many pics:

post-2733-1229842565_thumb.jpgpost-2733-1229842591_thumb.jpgpost-2733-1229842617_thumb.jpg

post-2733-1229842832_thumb.jpgpost-2733-1229842860_thumb.jpgpost-2733-1229842889_thumb.jpg

post-2733-1229842916_thumb.jpgpost-2733-1229842942_thumb.jpg

post-2733-1229842973_thumb.jpgpost-2733-1229842996_thumb.jpgpost-2733-1229843025_thumb.jpg

post-2733-1229843049_thumb.jpgpost-2733-1229843049_thumb.jpgpost-2733-1229843075_thumb.jpg

post-2733-1229843102_thumb.jpgpost-2733-1229843149_thumb.jpgpost-2733-1229843172_thumb.jpg

post-2733-1229843263_thumb.jpgpost-2733-1229843310_thumb.jpgpost-2733-1229843350_thumb.jpg

post-2733-1229843389_thumb.jpgpost-2733-1229843428_thumb.jpgpost-2733-1229843467_thumb.jpg

Have a nice Sunday all!

Gerd

Gerd, how do you rate the Pearl against the Burasari Sunday brunch ??

To be very honest Alex:

Bread in Burasari was all from Carrefour; Indigo has it's own bakery with a foreign bakery chef(see pics)

Cheeses at Burasari most local staff; Indigo only imported ones.

Indigo has much more food choices.

I could go on.......

And their prices are nearly the same.

Gerd

Hi again Gerd, thanks for that. You say nearly the same price ?? Seems like both 1,500 baht/head ??

Update ....aaahh. Just realised the Pearl = a long drive back to Kata. Not a good idea after free flow wine. Have to give it a miss.

Edited by LivinginKata

Gerd, where else have you been to say this is the best Sunday brunch on the island?

To say it's the best means comparing it with a lot of others.

Isn't 1500 baht a little rich for lunch? Do you expect the prices will come down?

Many other people there? I don't see many in the photos.

Gerd, where else have you been to say this is the best Sunday brunch on the island?

Alan, where did Gerd say it was the 'best' Sunday brunch on the island .... ?? he stated 'Never ever seen such a huge selection of high quality food items here on the island!' Don't put words in Gerd's mouth :o

To say it's the best means comparing it with a lot of others.

Isn't 1500 baht a little rich for lunch? Do you expect the prices will come down?

Many other people there? I don't see many in the photos.

I took the photos before opening the brunch.

Yes, I know nearly all of the other places who do a Sunday Brunch, finally they had more than 100 customers today.

Gerd

Gerd, are you writing these reviews freely and of your own volition, and paying the full price, or are you invited by the interested party to have the meal and write the review?

Slackula,

I am paying the full price, what else? I have not been invited!

I am not writing "reviews" just my opinion how I see it.

....and I love good food :o

Gerd

Always keen, like Gerd, to find a good new place to eat.

But for me, value for money is always a big factor. 1500 baht . . .

I could eat for 10 days on that.

To have a big breakout, over Christmas and New Year, it would be good to know which places offer 'The best value Sunday brunch on Phuket.'

Is there anything in the 'Eat as much as you can for 500 baht' range?

To have a big breakout, over Christmas and New Year, it would be good to know which places offer 'The best value Sunday brunch on Phuket.'

Hi

Yes you could eat 10 days for 1500, but not that kind of food, could you??

i don’t mind paying 1500 for good food, last week i paid 2300 for a steak in Joes, believe me it was good( have to say i did not know the price before i ordered, i don’t think i would have ordered if i have known the price, lucky i didn’t)

Theres a big buffet spread done in Patong in the Patong condo area downstairs (under 9th floor building).. I cant remember the price, but it was in the mid / high 100's of baht not 4 figures and was superb.. Not to the level that Gerd has shown here but a superb value spread.

Was an evening buffet.. Friday ??

Will try to remember or ask a buddy who took me.. I went the once he goes often.

L in Los, you have got me all excited since I am in the area, but do you mean the Patong Resort Hotel which is right behind the Patong Tower? The Hotel has three wings, the hotel part which may go to 9 floors (sorry I haven't counted) and the pool side 2 story modern wings. I have eaten at the hotel a few times and sad to say, the buffets are not exciting, but I recognize those aren't the brunch buffets.

Just to be sure I have the right building, the Patong Condo is the one that was painted with a blue vertical stripe last March (splattering cars with paint) and is next to Carlson's steak house. If you walk around the other side, the opposite side of the car garage, you pass through the little guard gate and by the pool and are right in the hotel grounds.

I mean the condo block where 'The 9th floor' is located.. Is it called the Sky inn Condotel ?? Kinda low rent looking area.

If I had to guess, I would say it was a friday evening 6pm onwards.. I think the guy who does it may be a scandinavian and I reckon it was 700 baht. Tho on all 3 of those counts I am real hazy.Do go and check first instead of turning up hungry on that basis !!

Thanks LoS, now I know where you mean. I get lost easily and will try to walk by this week. If it's a scandanavian owner, I wonder if he'll have some decent pickled haring. :o Don't know why, but with all the englishmen and scandanavians here, I can't find decent haring, let alone good kippers.

I mean the condo block where 'The 9th floor' is located.. Is it called the Sky inn Condotel ?? Kinda low rent looking area.

If I had to guess, I would say it was a friday evening 6pm onwards.. I think the guy who does it may be a scandinavian and I reckon it was 700 baht. Tho on all 3 of those counts I am real hazy.Do go and check first instead of turning up hungry on that basis !!

Sorry guys but you can't compare apples with pears. :o

Indigo is in a complete different league then the 9 floor.

You have places where they try to serve the best quality and most if not all is imported or home made and you find other places which are not bad but where they will use local food.

I went to most places on Phuket many times and have to agree that Indigo is very good. ( maybe the best )

The brunch at Twin Palms is also very good but after many times eating there it is becoming a little bit boring to find the same food every time again and again. ( except for the special they have every week )

Arcadia is also nice but again only local food.

So if you like to have imported food ( like oysters from France, Australia, New Zealand and so on ) be prepared to pay for it. :D

Otherwise go to other places for also a good brunch but don’t compare apples and pears.

If you read the post.. You would have seen it wasnt the 9th floor being specified.

Also the poster asked for any cheaper buffet spreads.. Of course a cheaper package isnt going to be the same level of imported luxuries for a couple hundred baht. Alan asked for the 'best value' buffet and I just posted the only cheaper version one I know.

Floyds does a sunday brunch too.. Mates of mine go for the as much as you can drink from 11 - 4 part of the deal. Taxis home after that one.

If you read the post.. You would have seen it wasnt the 9th floor being specified.

Also the poster asked for any cheaper buffet spreads.. Of course a cheaper package isnt going to be the same level of imported luxuries for a couple hundred baht. Alan asked for the 'best value' buffet and I just posted the only cheaper version one I know.

Floyds does a sunday brunch too.. Mates of mine go for the as much as you can drink from 11 - 4 part of the deal. Taxis home after that one.

Point taken, But i read the post. ( most of them then ) :D

But my point was that a few people in this post are comparing places like Indigo with Burasari or Acardia and so on.

This is the same like comparing apples with pears and is not possible.

I understand that a lot of people like to do an sunday brunch but don't like to spend to much money which i can understand but don't blame the other places that they are (too) expensive.

As always you get what you pay. :o

Ohh kippers..

Thats a treat I would go hunt for !!

Don't get too excited. Nothing like the big juicy fresh ones in the UK. They are frozen and I get through quite a few, but they are quite salty. Not even as good as tinned kippers but as I am an addict better than none at all