Atm Network Problem

joka

tried to withdraw 10k baht from ayudhya atm yesterday, was rejected due to "incorrect amount" or network problem or something. tried 7 other atms, same problem. today the bank statement comes back lite 20k, from the first atm. so, i guess now i have to get into contact with ayudhya bank and straighten this out.

but today i was able to withdraw the last 10k! (phew)

from an ayudhya atm. and there were people "working" on the first atm, with a brinks truck nearby.

tried to withdraw 10k baht from ayudhya atm yesterday, was rejected due to "incorrect amount" or network problem or something. tried 7 other atms, same problem.  today the bank statement comes back lite 20k, from the first atm. so, i guess now i have to get into contact with ayudhya bank and straighten this out. 

but today i was able to withdraw the last 10k!  (phew)

from an ayudhya atm. and there were people "working" on the first atm, with a brinks truck nearby.

Best of luck getting your money back! The Krung Thai ATMs are pretty bad too. Often get "communication error" and no cash. I always check my account on the Internet when that happens, but only once did I see one of these "error" transactions listed in my statement as a withdrawal, and it was followed immediately by an equivalent deposit :o

The rich are getting richer and the poor wots gets the blame,its the same the whole world over isnt it a ...........shame

Recon some bods in the Thai banking industry have been paying attention to their counterparts in the west....Big stink in Parliament about ATM rip off charges and guess who are the experts...

..The combined profits of the Big Four UK banks rose to almost £20 billion (lotta bahts) last year

The end of free cash machines - One in three now cost you money. Bank customers are paying £60m for using cash machines in the latest High Street rip-off.

Just four years after a Daily Express crusade forced banks to scrap hole-in-the-wall charges, new independent operators have brought them back. Eddy Weatherill, chief executive of IBAS, said:

"The speed and the scale of the transformation has been amazing with a dramatic increase in the spread of machines that charge for withdrawals.

It is quite immoral that the banks are making even more profit from selling their cash machines to companies that will impose fees." - Daily Express 21/09/2004

:o