Just Thinking

I'm trying to sort some stuff out in my mind for the future.

If you were on a 1 year married to a Thai visa extension and you formed a company, bought some property with the purpose of renting it (not BOI), rented it through an agent (a family Member), and got 20-30,000BT a month from the rentals.

1:-Would Immigration take that as part of the money required to support your wife?

2:- Or would you still have to show 400,000Bt or equivalent from overseas transfers?

Firstly you must remember that the income is going to the company, not you, and will be liable for tax!!

The company can then pay you an income and you will pay tax as well, and you will need a work permit.

Having said all that, it will count towards your income of 400K per year to support your wife.

Firstly you must remember that the income is going to the company, not you, and will be liable for tax!!

The company can then pay you an income and you will pay tax as well, and you will need a work permit.

Having said all that, it will count towards your income of 400K per year to support your wife.

Thanks all.. I was planning on the tax advantage/disadvantage, I have that now. But i guess I'll have to brush up on work permit requirements.

I was thinking of liquidating my Canadian property and using that money to buy rental properties in Chiang Mai and hiring my brother in law to manage them. Although I can meet the Visa requirements but if they decide to increase them down the road I don't want to do something now that would jeopardise my position then.

I was thinking of  liquidating my Canadian property and using that money to buy rental properties in Chiang Mai and hiring my brother in law to manage them.  Although I can meet the Visa requirements but if they decide to increase them down the road I don't want to do something now that would jeopardise my position then.

Why not rent your house in Canada and use the money to live here?

I would never advise anyone to bring their entire savings to the LOS.

Only bring money you are prepared to walk away from, if the necessity arises.

I don't have to liquidate anything to meet the requirements for a married to a Thai visa. it's mot my house, I have some other property that I would liquidate and it would not affect my position greatly, if I lost it.

The reason I ask if the money earned in LOS is acceptable for supporting a Thai wife is I would rather leave some of my assets that are in stocks and bonds where they are (in Canada) and create some income inside the country instead. It is a Tax related in Canada more than anything to do with Thailand.