Hua Hin Hotel Recomendation

Boca

Good day all,

I posted this in Hua Hin section but maybe will get a response here.

I was thinking about a trip to Hua Hin or Cha Am for a few days between xmas and new year. Hua Hin or Cha am, which is the busiest? Just me and the wife, price range 1000-3000 baht per night. I would prefer a place with a beach or close to the beach, pool and has internet connection. A walkable or short distance to food/pubs etc.

I have never been to Hua Hin/ Cha Am before so if anyone has any ideas it would be most welcome.

Thanks for your time.

Edited by Boca

Good day all,

I was thinking about a trip to Hua Hin or Cha Am for a few days between xmas and new year. Hua Hin or Cha am, which is the busiest? Just me and the wife, price range 1000-3000 baht per night. I would prefer a place with a beach or close to the beach, pool and has internet connection. A walkable or short distance to food/pubs etc.

I have never been to Hua Hin/ Cha Am before so if anyone has any ideas it would be most welcome.

Thanks for your time.

Grand Pacific Soverign Hotel and Spa, have stayed there several times..a five star hotel in Cha-Am...and very good prices at present. plenty of places to eat..try the 'shop' at the harbour end of the beach road, on the sea front just before entry to harbour.

sovereignresortandspa.com/accommodation.htm

booking2hotel.com/hotels/grand_pacific/grand_pacific_rate.asp

Good day all,

Thanks for your time.

Grand Pacific Soverign Hotel and Spa, have stayed there several times..a five star hotel in Cha-Am...and very good prices at present. plenty of places to eat..try the 'shop' at the harbour end of the beach road, on the sea front just before entry to harbour.

By coincidence, when I tried to book at another hotel the other day via sawadee.com, I got the usual full treatment but recommended this hotel to me @ 4000 baht a night ++ and a 5000 baht New Year's Eve mandatory dinner. To which I said, no thanks - I was born at night but it wasn't last night.

Good day all,

Thanks for your time.

By coincidence, when I tried to book at another hotel the other day via sawadee.com, I got the usual full treatment but recommended this hotel to me @ 4000 baht a night ++ and a 5000 baht New Year's Eve mandatory dinner. To which I said, no thanks - I was born at night but it wasn't last night.

Well I looked at their web site and it says 2500baht before and 3000baht for the 31st (for two people in the room)...the last twice that we stayed there we paid 3400baht and that included breakfast and they upgraded us. So much for sawadee.com then! I dont believe the price of the meal is as you were quoted. Any way we always look up the price and then talk to their office in BK

Good day all,

Thanks for your time.

Well I looked at their web site and it says 2500baht before and 3000baht for the 31st (for two people in the room)...the last twice that we stayed there we paid 3400baht and that included breakfast and they upgraded us. So much for sawadee.com then! I dont believe the price of the meal is as you were quoted. Any way we always look up the price and then talk to their office in BK

I just checked again on sawadee.com and this is what is says...

Nov 01, 2008 - Apr 30, 2009

Weekday Weekend

Deluxe Mountain View THB 3550 THB 4000

Rates are incl. 10% service charge, incl. 7% VAT, incl. breakfast

extra bed surcharge. (THB 1600)

Compulsory Gala Dinners

- Dec.24,2008 : 2000 Baht/adult & 1000 Baht/child

- Dec.31,2008 : 5000 Baht/adult & 2500 Baht/child

Child Policy

Children upto 12 years of age sharing a room with parent,using existing bedding will be

accommodated free of charge

Good day all,

Thanks for your time.

I just checked again on sawadee.com and this is what is says...

Nov 01, 2008 - Apr 30, 2009

Weekday Weekend

Deluxe Mountain View THB 3550 THB 4000

Rates are incl. 10% service charge, incl. 7% VAT, incl. breakfast

extra bed surcharge. (THB 1600)

Compulsory Gala Dinners

- Dec.24,2008 : 2000 Baht/adult & 1000 Baht/child

- Dec.31,2008 : 5000 Baht/adult & 2500 Baht/child

Child Policy

Children upto 12 years of age sharing a room with parent,using existing bedding will be

accommodated free of charge

Yes..it maybe does on on that web site..but I gave the hotels web site and they are stating what I reported. You can look at the hotel web site...get the BK phone number and book the same rate. Thats what we do and actually have always paid when we arrive ...or actually leave the hotel. You may be asked to pay by ATM

Could somebody make a recommendation for a place to stay in Hua Hin for the budget traveler? Hopefully less than 1300 in these bad economic times. I see the City Beach Resort that someone mentioned that is not too far from the beach. Looks O.K. and my guess is, most of these places aren't getting their advertised rate. Any others?

Thanks in advance.