Govt Offers Special Visas For ICT Experts

george

LOS is a joke when it comes to IT. And very few large companies ever look at it with any seriousness when it comes to opening an office here not only for expats but to tap the local expertise. There isn't any. People here are stupid and have no motivation or ideas when it comes to engineering. My company is a 20 Billion US dollar semi-conductor company that is spending up to 70% of their capital expenditures ramping up huge operations in China, India, Maylasia, Singapore, Philippinees, Get the hint. These offices are not for manafacturing, they are for design engineers, people with skills to design chips. Everywhere but Thailand because there is no expertise here. Nice place to live and play golf for me, but for work I travel. If you are serious about IT and a nice place to live that is booming, visit Shanghai. It is easy to work and live as an expat, although more expensive than BKK, but the people are ambitious and actually want to learn to speak the business language of the world. Forget about IT work here, either have your money made already and come to live a nice life here or be an Englsh teacher.

IT as an industry, is a bit larger than just semi-conductor ?

The salaries paid here suck BIG time ...

I work with a Thai person who has been in the IT industry here for 7 years and puts down a program opening at start up as being a virus.

They also asked the difference between a 1.5 Ghz CPU and a 3.02 Ghz CPU

They didn't know how to remove a virus.

They didn't know about running spyware software

They don't know anything and yet get paid more than me even though I hold more IT qualifications than they do and have held much higher positions and worked within larger and more complicated IT networks.

Let me recap ...

- you are a highly qualified IT professional

- holding more qualifications than your Thai collegues

- and they get paid more ...

Something I don't understand ... who is smarter then ?