Employment Discrimination Hits New Low Today

it's clear that Thailand only wants one thing from farang = spend a lot of money & get lost after your 2-4 weeks holliday

if such an ad was put in my home country, in the style : no asians, no niggers, no jews, the company would go belly up with lawsuits

thai only tolerate us farangs, but are we here to steal their low education jobs ? i don't think so

As for hiring "light-skinned" people as a position requirement, I am not opposed to it at all.

Thank you for clearing up your position. It truly speaks for itself.

Did I ever say I am interested in actively confronting companies in Thailand about racist employment policies? That would be nuts. Its not my business, this is not my country. However, I can and do have opinions, and also still choose to live here, if that is OK with Mr. Love it All or Leave it.

Thank you for you concern about my happiness. Its odd and unwelcome coming from a stranger like you. Again, you foolishly presume that Thai employment discrimination policies have any impact on my personal happiness in the slightest. If there was a country better suited to me (including my home country) that also would grant me a visa, you wouldn't be seeing me on thaivisa anyway.

Why do people care if people edit their posts? People point this out as if something nefarious is going on! Editing is a bigger part of writing than writing itself. Any writer knows that. Believe me, if you think my edited versions are poor, you really do not want to read the first drafts.

BTW, from my point of view, this little discussion is played out, but carry on of course as you please.

You sure did cut out my correction to your (racist?) conclusion that light-skinned = Thai/Chinese :o

I am sorry if your repeated statement of what YOU perceive as being racist practices being against your "core values" led people to believe that they actually were core values.

You sure did cut out my correction to your (racist?) conclusion that light-skinned = Thai/Chinese

OK, you drew me out for one more comment. If you had bothered to read my original mention of the light skinned hiring policies, I was very clear that it DID NOT MATTER to me whether they were referring to Thai Chinese only or not. By requirement light skinned, Sino-Thai or not, you are excluding so many people of ISAAN descent. And you know it. Bye now. My core values are intact. I don't even want to imagine what yours are.

Edited by Jingthing

Yeah, when will they learn that discrimination should be practiced privately and quietly (a norm found all over the world)? It's so much more effective and you don't have to deal with as many whingers.

:o

What difference does it make, either way (open or hidden)? Its legal here so there is no recourse for people or groups who feel wronged.

So I guess Martin Luther King was a whinger in your sorry book, eh?

You know I am really big on cultural relativism. It is not wrong or right to use a squat toilet or a western toilet or eat dog or eat beef, those things are cultural. But then there are the things that we can contend are wrong in any culture: murder, theft, and to my view RACISM.

Edited by Jingthing