Angkor Beer

Wanraya

Does anyone know of anywhere in or around Pattaya that sells the Cambodian Angkor beer?

Cambodian Angkor beer

Tends not to travel well and I dont mean cant get a visa at Embassy .. :D

We used to sell it on draft as standard in PP but found that after a couple of days it went "orff".Even the bottled stuff aint a lot better but as said OK when fresh.

The big boys -Hein-Carls-San Mig-V.B.-Tiger-Anchor etc got in early in 1992 and have really dictated the market ever since.

Last vist down there about 2 years ago was the first time I fould Chang on sale and also was actually first timeI tried it ...no bad. :D

Never really come up against Sing/Klos/amarit/leo..etc over there but then the Khmers have always had a sensitive relationship with the Thais. :o

Anorther similar beer is made locally in Hanoi called "Bier Hoi"..fresh every day in big tin buckets usually drunk by lunchtime at @ 10 bt a pint :D

:o I have never seen BeerLao available in Pattaya, nor Angkor Beer....

Deary me.....a pissled response guys.....I thought he said Beer LEO..... :D:D:D

Tlaking of Viet beer.....Saigon Sai....the green label is quite a pleasant drop

Edited by gburns57au

• 4 years later...

Use to have Beer Lao in the Queen Vic, until Vic has distribution issues. Any rate - can find Beer Lao at the Rock House in Soi LK Metro. :o

Angkor - "My Country, My Beer" - great stuff, and never seen it in Pattaya, though someone told me it was in a Thai Market Store (name lapses me), near Mikes Shopping Mall on Beach Rd.