Australian Jailed For People Trafficking Two Thai Women

Jai Dee

If a woman take the step to become a sex worker (forced by circumstances or not), its her choice They just provide an service where is demand for. As long she work independent and don't have to work for a pimp its up to her. It is not up to us to pass any kind of moral judgement, because we are all sinners in one way or an other.

But this man took advantage of them, so he is one the lowest sort. In short hes a pimp and should not only get a long jail sentence for trafficking, but also charged for Tax evasion, extorsion and braking labour laws, and pay compensation to the 2 women. Let him also bleed in his wallet.

I'm informed that half the women in Thailand choose to prostitute for easy money. This is not my opinion, but from a Thai woman. She says they like to have money to drink, have party, clothes nice, and for cell phones.

This Thai woman is disrespected her sisterhood in a way that is completely misplaced and only can be disproved in the strongest therms. BTW I never trust people who judge other people by their own moral grounds, and who are most of the time hypocrites.

And I know what I'm talking about.

The news report last night said they were being paid under $20Au (800B) per day. I am sure if the person was a little more generous with the money he was making he would still be a free man. As to the hours, if the girls were getting a fiar % of the takings I am sure this would have been less of an issue. I am guessing they did not get a chance to be in contact with friends and family and were kept relatively issolated. This for a Thai person is a form of torture, not being able to eat som tam and gossip with friends is their version of hel_l.

LOL.....

You guys make me laugh....

Many posters here are putting Thai women down, how many are married to Thai's ?

Yeah yeah, I know, you met at the gates of a top overseas university, and she couldn't resist your wrinkly skin and beer gut..... and her influential family were thrilled at her choice of partner...... :o

Then you chose to set up home in Pattaya, whatever was you thinking... :D

I do believe that in Pattaya there are a number of Farang who pay for bar leases, in those bars they profit from the sex trade, no girls = no customers = no money = your screwed = you have to return from whatever coumtry you tried to escape from and the debts you ran away from... then you have the audacity to put down the very people you profit from.

But hey, this is Thai Visa, so lets put Thai women down, makes us feel better about ourselves don't it, not including your PHD wives of course....

Some Thai women do make poor desicions in life, reading many posts on this and similar boards just goes to prove that it's true, their choice in partner was very poor indeed.

These discussions pop up from time to time, and I find them really interesting and couldn’t help throw in my observations.

Firstly, I don’t think anyone is putting all “Thai” women down. Read carefully.

Secondly, all women who turn to a life of prostitution have a choice. They are not forced to do what they do. They do it because it’s easy money and because of the urban myths and Swiss Village’s of finding that gullible farang and hitting the proverbial jackpot.

You are not saving the world one girl at a time by taking them away from the bars. They enjoy what they do – sleep until 2, drink and party all night and maybe get lucky and make what a respectful Thai woman would make in a week, or even a month. New clothes, phones and air-conditioned hotel rooms. What’s not to like?

Next time you are in a bar, take the time to ask the girls why they don’t work in 7/11, or a Bank, or McDonald's. See the reaction you get.

If you are unsure whether these women should be"looked down on", ask a normal Thai person what they think of Thai women who work this trade. And then ask yourself should you feel any different.

LOL.....

You guys make me laugh....

Many posters here are putting Thai women down, how many are married to Thai's ?

Yeah yeah, I know, you met at the gates of a top overseas university, and she couldn't resist your wrinkly skin and beer gut..... and her influential family were thrilled at her choice of partner...... :o

Then you chose to set up home in Pattaya, whatever was you thinking... :D

I do believe that in Pattaya there are a number of Farang who pay for bar leases, in those bars they profit from the sex trade, no girls = no customers = no money = your screwed = you have to return from whatever coumtry you tried to escape from and the debts you ran away from... then you have the audacity to put down the very people you profit from.

But hey, this is Thai Visa, so lets put Thai women down, makes us feel better about ourselves don't it, not including your PHD wives of course....

Some Thai women do make poor desicions in life, reading many posts on this and similar boards just goes to prove that it's true, their choice in partner was very poor indeed.

At last somebody with sense :D

I think it was obvious that he used those women for his own gain and forced them to stay in Australia. It's not whether he was a pimp or not, it's obvious that he was. The fact that he controlled and threatened them was very wrong.

If you are unsure whether these women should be"looked down on", ask a normal Thai person what they think of Thai women who work this trade. And then ask yourself should you feel any different.

I wonder how they feel about the umpteen thousands of Farang men who come to poor and developing countries to take advantage of the situation ? :o

These discussions pop up from time to time, and I find them really interesting and couldn't help throw in my observations.

Firstly, I don't think anyone is putting all "Thai" women down. Read carefully.

Secondly, all women who turn to a life of prostitution have a choice. They are not forced to do what they do. They do it because it's easy money and because of the urban myths and Swiss Village's of finding that gullible farang and hitting the proverbial jackpot.

You are not saving the world one girl at a time by taking them away from the bars. They enjoy what they do – sleep until 2, drink and party all night and maybe get lucky and make what a respectful Thai woman would make in a week, or even a month. New clothes, phones and air-conditioned hotel rooms. What's not to like?

Next time you are in a bar, take the time to ask the girls why they don't work in 7/11, or a Bank, or McDonald's. See the reaction you get.

Why in heavens name my should opinion depend on others peoples opinion, I'm old and mature enough to form my own opinion.

And nobody should looked down on people because their professional occupation or social status.

btw who give you the moral right to do so. Just remember Jesus wife "Maria Magdalene"

These discussions pop up from time to time, and I find them really interesting and couldn't help throw in my observations.

Secondly, all women who turn to a life of prostitution have a choice. They are not forced to do what they do. They do it because it's easy money and because of the urban myths and Swiss Village's of finding that gullible farang and hitting the proverbial jackpot.

You are not saving the world one girl at a time by taking them away from the bars. They enjoy what they do – sleep until 2, drink and party all night and maybe get lucky and make what a respectful Thai woman would make in a week, or even a month. New clothes, phones and air-conditioned hotel rooms. What's not to like?

Next time you are in a bar, take the time to ask the girls why they don't work in 7/11, or a Bank, or McDonald's. See the reaction you get.

Have you seen who they sometimes have to go with???? Do you think that's easy money?

So you mean every girl in a bar doesn't deserve respect?

HYPOCRYTE, maybe they've been mistreated by guys like you all their life that now they don't care anymore and deside to ask money to be mistreated.

LOL.....

There ain't nothing like a thread that discusses anything to do with Thai women to bring out the Thai women bashers.

Kind of reminds me of a mate of mine who couldn't resist going to the Red Light areas of every major city he was posted to, then done nothing but put down the very women he sought out and paid for, by choice ! :o

This is a problem for many men, basically that can't get paid for sex by females, females can get paid for sexual services and that pisses men off, but not quite enough to stop them exploiting the situation with great abandon.

Then bitch and whine about it on anonymous internet forums afterwards.....

The Aussie guy was found guilty in a court of law, not a Thai court, an Australian court, he has been sentenced for a crime !!

Then the thread turns into a discussion on how bad Thai women are, well, come to my village and go and tell all the locals how bad they are, how bad their daughters are etc etc......

Anybody care to come ?

I'll even throw you a beer or two before your demise..... :D

In USA he could expect 30 40 years or life.

22 months is a joke.

Yes, the USA is the home of prudery, no question .

If thos girls were open for punters in Pattaya or soi cowboy, (or even New Zealand -where prostitution is fully legal-)no one would care. Except that the Boss should have paid them a fair wage.

22 months is a joke.

If thos girls were open for punters in Pattaya or soi cowboy, (or even New Zealand -where prostitution is fully legal-)no one would care. Except that the Boss should have paid them a fair wage.

Opposition to buying and selling of women & trafficking is prudery? Many posters are missing the point here & that is many of these women who are "exported" to other countries are sent there under false pretenses and often unaware of the nature and circumstances of their final employment. Often they are held as prisoners and forced to perform, like it or not. This is not the same deal as a poor upcountry girl who goes to Pattaya & likely has full knowledge as to what she is getting into.

22 months is a joke.

Opposition to buying and selling of women & trafficking is prudery? Many posters are missing the point here & that is many of these women who are "exported" to other countries are sent there under false pretenses and often unaware of the nature and circumstances of their final employment. Often they are held as prisoners and forced to perform, like it or not. This is not the same deal as a poor upcountry girl who goes to Pattaya & likely has full knowledge as to what she is getting into.

Hold your horses.

The guy is an ass, but he didn't traffic these woman. The debate hasn't even touched trafficking.

Don't fall into the trap so many groups in the west does and put 'imported prostitution = trafficking'. It's not the same thing.

You are only doing the real victims of trafficking a disservice.

22 months is a joke.

Hold your horses.

The guy is an ass, but he didn't traffic these woman. The debate hasn't even touched trafficking.

Don't fall into the trap so many groups in the west does and put 'imported prostitution = trafficking'. It's not the same thing.

You are only doing the real victims of trafficking a disservice.

Agreed this is not a trafficking case in my opinion, these girls went knowing the job they were expected to do.... it is a fare wage issue, these girls were way underpaid.... thats the shame, the got taken advantage of in a country unfimilar to them....

I don't condone what this guy has done but it seems to me he was stupid and made himself an easy target for the authorities who are very keen to get a few headlines like they are doing something about transnational prostituition in Australia.

The facts are that Australia is full of illegal sex workers from Thailand, Korea , China etc and for the most part nothing really is being done to address the problem.

It suits the authorities to find a soft target and create a few headlines like they are really doing something about the problem.

It does seem that some cultures have a larger tolerance of prostitution than others.

I prefer not to judge on the issue of prostitution other than to say that there are better life choices one can make but prostitution is a fact of life and many women do willing choose to become sex workers.

I'm from Europe and i talk what i saw 15 years ago. Most of Thailadys who lives in Europe work sonner or later as a prostitute (not all, but most). Most of the Philipinas who lives in Europe, are married, stay with their husband or work in some hospital, Restaurant or even Supermarket.

That's a good observation. It's the same in Australia...you'll rarely see a Filipino prostitute. Their respective religions make a big difference in their career choices.

You're kidding, right? Have you ever been to the Philippines? There are plenty of Filipino prostitutes, and it has nothing to do with their religion. Prostitution has existed in every human society known to history. There's a reason it's called the oldest profession. Just because you don't see them in your country doesn't mean that they don't exist. And it's pretty rich, you trying to slip in that little jab at the Thai's religion.

I can't see the point some of the poster are trying to make here other than bashing Thai girls for prostitution- these girls chose to be prostitutes which is their right and nothing to do with all the <deleted> in here getting their jollies knocking the girls or trying to be righteous - the issue is they were being ripped-of by an @rsehole who got caught and ended up where he belongs - in gaol - end of story - there is no other point for dicussion.

I'm from Europe and i talk what i saw 15 years ago. Most of Thailadys who lives in Europe work sonner or later as a prostitute (not all, but most). Most of the Philipinas who lives in Europe, are married, stay with their husband or work in some hospital, Restaurant or even Supermarket. Personally i think it's not a shame, or i not look some Lady down, if she works as a Prostitute. But have to stand behind, not try to make any excuses about supporting their families. Personally i don't see the reason why parents of this girls, have to retire with 45 years and just waiting the money comming from Pattaya or overseas. Why they need their own houses. I'm 45 year old and don't own a house either. We farangs work until 65 year old. But for the "Aussi Case" i'm quite sure, they knew what tey are going for and if the Australian Hairdresser not getting greedy, i think he never get caught. It's always a matter of money.

I am not an expert on this subject, nor am I a sociologist, but I would guess that your observation is likely due to higher English fluency (English is one of the two official languages of the Philippines) and better access to high quality tertiary education in the Philippines compared to Thailand. These conditions could lead to more skilled workers in the fields that are in demand in Western countries (such as nursing, restaurants, or supermarkets), which makes it easier for Filipinos to enter the workforce in English speaking countries.

Your observation that most Thai women in Europe work in the sex industry may not be universally true outside of the area where you live (or at all). However, if it is true, it may be because there are fewer opportunities for Thais to legitimately enter the workforce in your country, which might explain why you think that you see more of them working in the sex trade.

Why in heavens name my should opinion depend on others peoples opinion, I'm old and mature enough to form my own opinion.

And nobody should looked down on people because their professional occupation or social status.

btw who give you the moral right to do so. Just remember Jesus wife "Maria Magdalene"

I'm not religious, so I have no idea of your reference to Maria Magdalene.

I never mentioned social status, but yes I look down on women who CHOOSE to be prostitutes. They are damaged goods in MY opinion.

If you like that kind of thing then more power to you.

Have you seen who they sometimes have to go with???? Do you think that's easy money?

So you mean every girl in a bar doesn't deserve respect?

HYPOCRYTE, maybe they've been mistreated by guys like you all their life that now they don't care anymore and deside to ask money to be mistreated.

No, the girls who CHOOSE that profession in my OPINION do not deserve my respect.

Yes, I see the guys they CHOOSE to go with. No one forces them to do the job or service the client. It's a transaction and they are professional. The only thing that matters is the money. Looks, age and physical appearance are quite irrelevant. Money is money...it's all easy.

I'm unsure of your reference to the word hypocrite here and your final comment also makes little sense. Please try again.

alright....

By using this service you agree;

1) You will not use thaivisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, referencing prostitution (including bargirls and barboys), referencing suicide, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. You also agree not to post negative comments criticizing the legal proceedings or judgments of the Thai Court of Law.

plus, any more degrading remarks about thai women, and you will likely see your posting rights suspended. I dont think its too much to ask people to simply be polite and respectful.