Laptop/pc Repair

Gladiator

Many thanks to a previous Post.

I have recently had a Customer whose Laptop 'died overnight'.

As both he and I are not that competent with regard to Laptop/PC maintenance I took him along to Good Speed Computer at Computer Plaza and Somphob Phromma

sorted the problem within minutes.. No charge although we did leave a gratuity.

Park where you can outside of the buliding. Enter and turn left up the stairs to the next floor - and Good Speed Computer is the first shop on the left.

As both he and I are not that competent with regard to Laptop/PC maintenance I took him along to Good Speed Computer at Computer Plaza and Somphob Phromma

Park where you can outside of the buliding. Enter and turn left up the stairs to the next floor - and Good Speed Computer is the first shop on the left.

No charge...how come

No charge...how come

The problem was simply a misconnection on the battery. He took the battery out - cleaned the connection. re-inserted it and all was well. In that many PC

rmaintenance rogues could have shaken their heads, uhmed and ahhed and possibly would have sold a new battery to an ignorant Customer. This guy did not. He was competent and honest

No charge...how come

The problem was simply a misconnection on the battery. He took the battery out - cleaned the connection. re-inserted it and all was well. In that many PC

rmaintenance rogues could have shaken their heads, uhmed and ahhed and possibly would have sold a new battery to an ignorant Customer. This guy did not. He was competent and honest

and a happy endin,you got your laptop fixed and the fella got a nice big xmas tip.. good on ya

That is typical of Goodspeed. He has not charged me for jobs in the past either.

It is excellent customer service and it pays off because I have bought 3 computers from him in three years.

I have had the same experience with them. They are very honest and have very competent technicians. They have never charged me for repairs to my computer or even for a friend's computer that I took over there. I bought my last PC from them and I'll be buying my next one from them as well.

Ditto to all of the previous comments. Good Speed has always done well by me and I highly recommend them. Honest, knowledgeable, dependable, great customer service and competitive on their prices. What more can you ask for?

Edited by Rice_King

I frequently find myself helping friends to buy their new computers, simply because they want someone with some idea of what they are talking about to go along with them. I usually offer them a choice of 2 places:

Good Speed: costs a bit more, but excellent service and backup if you have any problems (the peace of mind option!). Computer comes fully configured, etc.

Fast Speed: found on the same floor - basically a box shifter; great prices, but forget the service (although I have returned faulty memory with no problem at all).

Most of the people I take along choose Good Speed, but for myself I simply buy the bits from Fast Speed, because I don't need the great service that Good Speed offers... You choose!

I need a new desktop where exactly is he located ?

In Computer Plaza. If you go up the stairs to the left just after you have walked in Goodspeed are on the left. They have a sales place downstairs as well but if you want a desktop built to spec then upstairs is where you want to be.

One place that I would highly recommend that you avoid like the plague is "QWERTY" in CM Computer Plaza 1st floor "or 2nd if you call the ground floor the 1st floor as they do in the realm" (just a couple of hundred metres after you turn left from Chotana on to the superhighway)

They put a hybrid together for me and I remain distinctly unsatisfied with what I got.

Most computer shops in Chiangmai (likely in the realm as a whole) look more like junk shops with bits and pieces (components) of computers lying on the floor and anywhere else they have a surface to put bits on.

Most, don't work on one computer at a time but rather flit from one computer to another and in the process of doing so lose track of where they are at on any given computer.

They forget to connect some of the components i.e. my unit has two fans built into the case, neither of which was connected.

Nuff Said :o