Visa Options After Resigning From Work In Thailand

Dear all,

I plan to resign in a few months from my job here in Thailand. After that, I would like to travel in Thailand and neighbouring countries for a period of 3-4 months (few weeks in every country, in between being in Thailand with Thai friends). I am dutch, not 50 yet, not married to a Thai.

Few questions on how to make this work:

- I understand I need to initially leave the country based on the cancelling of my wp and work related visa?

- is there a basis for getting a multiple entry visa to cover my stay and trips(prefer nott to bother with visa exempt stamps and limited number of visa days, as no travel plan is yet clear and will probably involve two weeks in-two weeks out of Thailand for the stated period)

- would it be best to apply for a visa in Holland (on the consulate a visa for family visit is mentioned (non-immigrant, multiple entry, 120 euro)

-or could i apply for something in the region?

Your help or pointing in the right direction would be highly appreciated.

Merry Christmas to all!

Ketsara

Best bet locally would be a Double Entry Tourist Visa from Vientiene Laos.

Each entry is for 90 days and can be extended for a further 30 days at Immigration.

@Lite Beer:

I thought, it was 60 days per entry on a Tourist Visa, that can be extended by a further 30 days?

Best bet locally would be a Double Entry Tourist Visa from Vientiene Laos.

Each entry is for 90 days and can be extended for a further 30 days at Immigration.

@Lite Beer:

I thought, it was 60 days per entry on a Tourist Visa, that can be extended by a further 30 days?

Correct. Brain not in gear. :o