Mango Rains Begin

Ricardo

We've had a couple of cloudy days recently, but no rain until this morning, when we have just had a light-shower in Mae-Jo, the beginnings of the patchy & occasional 'mango rains', which sometimes appear over Christmas & the New-Year, to clean up the early-burning smoke and haze. :o

Perhaps other members in the area might also report any similar precipitation !?

This reminds me of seeing the first rains for 9 months, in the Yemen Arab Republic, with everone coming out into the streets to say things like "Oh look ... it's raining !" :D

Edited by Ricardo

We've had a couple of cloudy days recently, but no rain until this morning, when we have just had a light-shower in Mae-Jo, the beginnings of the patchy & occasional 'mango rains', which sometimes appear over Christmas & the New-Year, to clean up the early-burning smoke and haze. :o

Perhaps other members in the area might also report any similar precipitation !?

This reminds me of seeing the first rains for 9 months, in the Yemen Arab Republic, with everone coming out into the streets to say things like "Oh look ... it's raining !" :D

Light rain out here too, near the Night Safari :D

/ Priceless

Light rain out here too, near the Night Safari :D

/ Priceless

Yes, a light drizzle near the train station too. With a bit of luck it might turn to snow. As for precipitation, I can report that I managed a 3 minute and 46 seconds golden one this morning courtesy of Mr. Sangsom and Mr. Coca-Cola and of course the wonderful staff at Tuskers who made Christmas in Chiangmai feel like home.

Happy St. Stephen's Day,

Kind regards,

Hill16

Never heard it called the 'mango rains' b4 Ricardo, where's that from ? 'Cause actually I would be hesitant to call it that as rains when trees are flowering or even setting their fruit -as they are rt now- can often cause rotting and the actual failure of the fruit to produce come actual harvesting time. This could be an example of 'Less Mangoes Rains,' if anything.

Hill.... how on earth do you have a 3 min+ golden shower at your age ? I'm quite sure you drank your fair share last night, but something's a little plugged up mate; I'd go see a doctor.

And lest we forget the link, you can see it's coming down quite abundantly outside rt now from the radar link: http://www2.tmd.go.th/radar/cmi240.php

Nice pic. Is it a self-portrait?

I think you completely missed the point of my original posts TingTongrb. Hardly surprising. Some people are completely devoid of any cop on.

My sympathies on your mother's passing but even more so for your poor wife who isn't called Rosie.

Unfortunately for you I live in CM but I don't think our paths will ever cross since you seem to be glued to your keyboard. Let's hope they never do for your sake. Happy New Year.

Oh good, a rain thread. But cold rain, and a heavy drizzle at that! I get tangled up between mangoes and oil contango, but it is nothing like yesterday now. It is cold NOW. Too cold to tango. I wore the full Ducati rainsuit and was miserable. Until I went indoors and did a horizontal tango. Oops, too much information.

Oh good, a rain thread. But cold rain, and a heavy drizzle at that! I get tangled up between mangoes and oil contango, but it is nothing like yesterday now. It is cold NOW. Too cold to tango. I wore the full Ducati rainsuit and was miserable. Until I went indoors and did a horizontal tango. Oops, too much information.

You said it!

Nice pic. Is it a self-portrait?

I think you completely missed the point of my original posts TingTongrb. Hardly surprising. Some people are completely devoid of any cop on.

My sympathies on your mother's passing but even more so for your poor wife who isn't called Rosie.

Unfortunately for you I live in CM but I don't think our paths will ever cross since you seem to be glued to your keyboard. Let's hope they never do for your sake. Happy New Year.

:D I guess Christmas is over, HUMBUG !! :o

I think you completely missed the point of my original posts TingTongrb.

Your original posts had a point ?? :o

I am not in Chiang Mai either but I am posting through the general forum - I guess that is OK....

Oh dear! Another one. Please, please, please read my original posts again. If you still can't grasp the point let me spell it out for you. I was suggesting that this forum is becoming disturbingly mundane which I feel is highlighted by people posting about the weather today. I also said that I am as guilty as anyone else for posting about it. I was implying that the forum could do with a bit more creativity as well as to continue providing us with a range of useful information about CM. Nowhere did I say that I think it is not ok to post in the CM forum if you are not in CM. I was merely stating (perhaps a little bluntly) that it is of no particular interest to anyone in CM what the weather is like somewhere else. Or maybe it is? :D

Please read things carefully before making smart remarks. If you still cannot grasp things then go back and play with your lego and don't waste time posting. :D

Regards,

Hill16

P.S. Happy New Year!

Edited by hill16

to continue providing us with a range of useful information about CM

Uuhhhhhhhhhhhhhh .............. it's raining today?????????????

whahhahahahahahahahahhha

Sorry Hill16, couldn't resist. Having a grumpy day?

Hill16, sorry to hear that your life is so exciting & important, that you don't like to breath clean air ! Must be all that time spent down Loy Kroh Road, which I personally avoid like the plague, there's much more to Chiang Mai than the scrubbers.

The relevance of the rains, which don't fall every year at this time, is that they clean all the smoke up, which makes it a nicer place to live, than when we get a 5-month dry-season. Air-quality is a regular topic of concern on here.

Agreed it's fairly mundane, but then April 1st isn't for some time yet, so the excitement of being creative & spoofing people must be anticipated, rather than enjoyed 'in the now'. :o

Whatever, Merry Christmas & Happy New Year ! :D

Rain rain go away, not to worry it be pour down soon. My guess will get some heavy downpours mid Jan and early Feb. Would be surprise to see some light SNOW in the hill/mountain of Chaing Mai. Saw just that a some years ago, not much just enough to bring a smile to a snow lover face, kinda fun watching the Thai driver deal with it, thankful I only saw a couple of minor accidents. Things were back to normal within 3 hours or so. :o:D

I am not in Chiang Mai either but I am posting through the general forum - I guess that is OK....

Oh dear! Another one. Please, please, please read my original posts again. If you still can't grasp the point let me spell it out for you. I was suggesting that this forum is becoming disturbingly mundane which I feel is highlighted by people posting about the weather today. I also said that I am as guilty as anyone else for posting about it. I was implying that the forum could do with a bit more creativity as well as to continue providing us with a range of useful information about CM. Nowhere did I say that I think it is not ok to post in the CM forum if you are not in CM. I was merely stating (perhaps a little bluntly) that it is of no particular interest to anyone in CM what the weather is like somewhere else. Or maybe it is? :D

Please read things carefully before making smart remarks. If you still cannot grasp things then go back and play with your lego and don't waste time posting. :D

Regards,

Hill16

P.S. Happy New Year!

will you get off this f---ing forum and get your ass down to tuskers for a beer!!!! see if we can cheer you up a bit you grumpy old c--t!!

Regards,

Hill16

P.S. Happy New Year!

will you get off this f---ing forum and get your ass down to tuskers for a beer!!!! see if we can cheer you up a bit you grumpy old c--t!!

Looks to me like someone did not get to see the Late Late toy show this year, either that or he is dire need of a selection box.

PS. I still have 5 baby hamsters who need homes in 4-6 weeks.

It didn't drizzle in Saraphi. It rained all day long, which is perfect for my garden.

Now I guess that I have to go get a life.

Yes exactly. If you are gonna be anybody at all in Thailand "ya gotta get a life" it seems.

Cos, if you ain't got a life "well it's a prerequisite isn't it"

It appears that it's almost as important (for some) as having a visa to be here :o

It didn't drizzle in Saraphi. It rained all day long, which is perfect for my garden.

Yes exactly. If you are gonna be anybody at all in Thailand "ya gotta get a life" it seems.

It appears that it's almost as important (for some) as having a visa to be here :o

I'm thinking about organising "life runs" at my place every 15 days. Music, food, drinks (and more) included.

I'm thinking about organising "life runs" at my place every 15 days. Music, food, drinks (and more) included.

Oh goodie goodie gumdrops. Can I come? We can talk about, let's see, I know....the rain outside the window. My knees are trembling now with the anticipation. Yippeeeeeeee.........

Oh goodie goodie gumdrops. Can I come? We can talk about, let's see, I know....the rain outside the window. My knees are trembling now with the anticipation. Yippeeeeeeee.........

:D

You've got issues man