Kawasaki Ninja 250 - New Thread, 12/2008

PeaceBlondie

I've still got mine, done 16,xxx kms on it and no issues so far other than it kept blowing tail light bulbs which Kawasaki fixed at the first attempt.

I switched to Pirelli Sport Demons and they're good tyres, sticky and they're lasting very well. Going up to 140 on the back stabilised it a bit as it was a bit unsteady on a windy day over 120kph before that, much better now. Not sure about the exhaust you mentioned, I've got the Area P Carbon full system on mine and it sounds good, the stock exhaust sounds terrible IMO.

It does about 350kms on a tank. It's quite upright so it can be a bit tiring on long tours (over 500kms a day gives me a sore neck on this bike) but it's very easy to ride in the city.

I'll probably be selling it in a couple of months as I've got the gsxr now so if you're still interested in a couple of months you can give it a test ride.

I have the Pirelli on the front of my current bike and quite happy with it. The DBS is kinda like the AreaP. The Thai builder said the AP was what he was trying to match. Yoi can get a touring screen for the 250 i saw it on the ninja250 thailand forum

here is a picture of a ninja250 with a zero gravity touring screen (about 4,000b)

post-62652-097590500 1282747933_thumb.jp

Edited by thaicbr

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tax and Insurance for the ninja 250.

So how much does this cost for the ninjette? I just did it for my cbr150 and it was like 900b including the fine as it was a few months late.

Presumably it's a bit more for the 250, but how much are you looking at, 2000b...5000b?

Thanks.

So how much does this cost for the ninjette? I just did it for my cbr150 and it was like 900b including the fine as it was a few months late.

Presumably it's a bit more for the 250, but how much are you looking at, 2000b...5000b?

Thanks.

The basic insurance required by law is ~600 Baht or so. Sorry, can't remember what the road tax costs for the 250R. First class insurance the rates vary and it pays to shop around. Ride On! Tony

Thanks.

The basic insurance required by law is ~600 Baht or so. Sorry, can't remember what the road tax costs for the 250R. First class insurance the rates vary and it pays to shop around. Ride On! Tony

road tax 100 baht, even for 650R:D

Funny how my stock 250cc "lawnmower" can piss all over your ugly as sin CB400. :D

Actually this would be an interesting comparison. (As I'm as yet undecided about my bike upgrade next year)

I love the look of the ninja, it would be newer, no legal issues, full service center etc etc. Is presumably lighter and more fun to fling about.

CB400, well, the POWER, hear that the power simply pees all over what the ninja feels like. Sounds like sex. :D Nicer, smoother and quicker on road trips. I go for a trip out of BKK on each long weekend and holiday. Probably 4-5 times a year.

I dunno. Is the ninja really that much more nimble and fun to throw around the place, and in the traffic of BKK? Is the CB400 really that much more powerful and nicer on 400km trips (2 up)?

Funny how my stock 250cc "lawnmower" can piss all over your ugly as sin CB400. :D

Actually this would be an interesting comparison. (As I'm as yet undecided about my bike upgrade next year)

I love the look of the ninja, it would be newer, no legal issues, full service center etc etc. Is presumably lighter and more fun to fling about.

CB400, well, the POWER, hear that the power simply pees all over what the ninja feels like. Sounds like sex. :D Nicer, smoother and quicker on road trips. I go for a trip out of BKK on each long weekend and holiday. Probably 4-5 times a year.

I dunno. Is the ninja really that much more nimble and fun to throw around the place, and in the traffic of BKK? Is the CB400 really that much more powerful and nicer on 400km trips (2 up)?

There is Nothing...simply nothing...that beats the feel of 4 pots betwen your legs!! Smoooooooth power all the way thru the rev ange. Much quieter and more comfortable to ride.

Most noticeable difference between the 250 Ninja and the CB would be when u are 2 up. CB has a much greater torque

Im not sure about the CB but a CBR is narrower than a 250 Ninja so fits into traffic better although yes slightly heavier. Just as easy to throw around.

Possibly the biggest draw back for the CB would be it would use perhaps twice the gas of the 250.

Why dont you take a trip to Pattaya and rent each bike for a day?

Take a trip to Silver Lake Winery (East from pattaya highway 3 and Turn left in Bang Saray) where you get straight open roads and some good twisties thru the hills to Silver Lake. Give you a good direct comparison of both bikes on the same roads. Im guessing but maybe about 40km trip each way.

In the end it comes back to your own personal preferences.

• 2 months later...

Dave i think many moved onto the ER6's ...and from those who were left in this thread 6 of them posters have been banned.

mbox

That's too bad. Perhaps monkeyofdoom and johnny still have theirs?

No, you are the last one :rolleyes: - and the last one switches of the lights :lol:

I am certain there are more ninja riders...but maybe ,just maybe they are posting elsewhere?

Not that i know a lot of ninjette owners but you may find a higher amount of ninjette owners being Thai National.

mbox

Dave i think many moved onto the ER6's ...and from those who were left in this thread 6 of them posters have been banned.

mbox

That's too bad. Perhaps monkeyofdoom and johnny still have theirs?

Yep I've still got mine, I was thinking about selling it when I got the GSXR but I still use it for the commute to work through Bangkok when the traffic is bad so I figured I'll keep it a couple more years. The plan is to start using it at Bira in the next few months, the thought of dropping the GSXR and having to source replacement parts fills me with dread whereas replacements for the Kawasaki are always available and incredibly cheap (last week I paid 185 baht for a new OEM front mudguard on the KSR!)

Kawasaki Ninja250 uses gasahol 91 or 95

Thanks dude. Wonder why the dealer insist on pure 91?? Not a very good selling idea. Oh well

Maybe because you are falang and with Gasahol if you leave it for long periods in the tank it can cause problems. ethanol absorbs water and sometimes creates a varnish like substance on fuel parts.

(falangs do not always stay in Thailand and leave their bikes for longer periods unused) So IF you do leave your bike unused for longer than 1 week make sure that you put normal 91 in the tank...cool.gif

OR the dealer got told that gasahol is no good for the older carbed bikes and follows logic that its no good for any bike....... your choice reallybiggrin.gif

Thanks dude. Wonder why the dealer insist on pure 91?? Not a very good selling idea. Oh well

Which dealer is that? The sticker on the tank and the owners manual both say E10 is fine. That's all I ever used in my Ninjette and never had any problems... Ride On! Tony

Which dealer is that? The sticker on the tank and the owners manual both say E10 is fine. That's all I ever used in my Ninjette and never had any problems... Ride On! Tony

CM!!! that made me walk away from them.

OH and I am a local, thanks very much

OH and I am a local, thanks very much

A local what????? Thai, Cambodian,, Burmese?????cool.gif

Maybe because you are falang and with Gasahol if you leave it for long periods in the tank it can cause problems. ethanol absorbs water and sometimes creates a varnish like substance on fuel parts.

(falangs do not always stay in Thailand and leave their bikes for longer periods unused) So IF you do leave your bike unused for longer than 1 week make sure that you put normal 91 in the tank...cool.gif

OR the dealer got told that gasahol is no good for the older carbed bikes and follows logic that its no good for any bike....... your choice reallybiggrin.gif

good idea

gasohol actually separates if left for weeks, and may make engine run on high concentration of ethanol which injection/carb/fuelpump will have problems to handle

Phuket dealer also says gasohol no good (Ninja 650R), but I believe thats because of what they have seen on non gasohol accepting bikes

• 1 month later...

Hi guys ! My name is Jun and i'm travelling to Bangkok soon. I have a 08 Ninja 250r, pretty in red.

The problem is that i've recently crashed it, and now i need a set of fairings to go with it. I've read that Ninja 250r's are manafactured in Thailand and was wondering if the original fairings are cheaper. If they;re not, could someone point me to a shop in Bangkok where i can purchase aftermarket fairings, as well as racing rearsets, blinkers and side mirrors?

Thank you !

If i've posted in the wrong section, please let me know. Sorry.

Hi guys ! My name is Jun and i'm travelling to Bangkok soon. I have a 08 Ninja 250r, pretty in red.

The problem is that i've recently crashed it, and now i need a set of fairings to go with it. I've read that Ninja 250r's are manafactured in Thailand and was wondering if the original fairings are cheaper. If they;re not, could someone point me to a shop in Bangkok where i can purchase aftermarket fairings, as well as racing rearsets, blinkers and side mirrors?

Thank you !

If i've posted in the wrong section, please let me know. Sorry.

You can order all of the OEM parts directly from Kawasaki. Only problem is, the RED Ninja 250R was never sold in Thailand so they don't stock those fairings and I don't believe you can order them in Thailand... But you could still call or visit and ask.

Their headquarters and parts warehouse in Bangkok is located here:

map.gif

Kawasaki Motors Enterprise (Thailand) Co.,Ltd.

129 Rama 9 Road., Kwaeng Huay-Kwang , Khet Huay-Kwang , Bangkok 10310 Thailand.

Tel : +66-2247 7935-38

For aftermarket parts there are dozens of shops- I'm sure many are listed in this thread. You can find many others here: http://www.ninja250thailand.com/

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony

650fanclubgif3.gif

Thanks for the reply ! I've tried that website you gave me but it is almost entirely in Thai. Not capable of reading thai yet. It would be greatly appreciated if you could post maybe 2-3 popular and trustable shops in bangkok for aftermarket signal blinkers, rearsets, side mirrors and maybe other goodies. Thanks again !

Thanks for the reply ! I've tried that website you gave me but it is almost entirely in Thai. Not capable of reading thai yet. It would be greatly appreciated if you could post maybe 2-3 popular and trustable shops in bangkok for aftermarket signal blinkers, rearsets, side mirrors and maybe other goodies. Thanks again !

Hmmm, can you speak Thai? I ask because most of the shops in and around Bangkok that make/sell aftermarket parts for the Ninja 250R don't have English speaking staff...

Another thing that's tough about Bangkok is that all the bike shops are spread all over the city and many can be a bit hard to find unless you have a GPS or guide.

Here are a few shops worth checking out:

KITTISAK 0880666607 (Across the river near Dao Khanong= royal pita to get to, but great shop)

Ninja Shop 90/30 ซ.งามวงศ์วาน2 ถ.งามวงศ์วาน อ.เมือง จ.นนทบุรี 11000

029510771 , 085-1-333332 , 080-7777-101

AP Shop- 086-899-6999 nice selection, English spoken, but bloody impossible to find without a GPS: 13.83012, 100.60481

The "Big" shops like RED BARON and DIRTSHOP mostly stock imported parts for the Ninja 250R so, while they are cool shops, most of the stuff you find will be cheaper back home.

Feel free to drop me a line if you need help. If I'm free I'll be happy to run around and show you some of these shops.

Good luck and happy trails!

Tony

• 1 month later...

I know that this thread has all but passed expiration, but has anyone had the DBS exhaust installed? I've included a picture below; for 7000 THB (round) to 9000 THB (triangular one) it seems a good deal, but I'd like some feedback. Claims of 15-17% increase in power (a bit down on power from the Area-P--but much less expensive) aren't shabby either.

First up is the cheaper round one.

TDBS2-01.jpg

Next up is the triangular one:

TDBS12.jpg