Kawasaki Ninja 250 - New Thread, 12/2008

PeaceBlondie

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I do hope that this thread won't become hijacked by off-topic discussions and personal conversations that should be done by PM-ing.

:D Um... are you for real? And if so, why not practice what you preach and avoid making off-topic posts? :o

Anybody have an idea how many Ninjas were sold in Thailand and is there an Owner's club yet?

Kawasaki HQ won't publish sales figures and didn't say why. There is a Thai Ninja 250R club: www.ninja250thailand.com

It's difference? because I'm looking for a KN air filter but I don't find a stock KN air filter so I think I'll put into the airbox a KN cone filter but I don't the dimensions of the box so the dimension of the cone I've to choose

You already asked these questions on the old Ninja 250 thread...

May be sorry I didn't remember!!! But if somebody has a picture of the FI airbox I'm interested. On April I'll put a powercommander so I'd prefer to have a KN filter to adjust the FI to have the best powerfull

As we pointed out to you in the old Ninja 250R thread, the PowerCommander you are looking at is made for the restricted EUROPEAN Ninja 250R which has a different ECU than the unrestricted Thai Ninja 250R... :D Guess you don't remember that either, huh? :o

But go ahead and ignore us, buy the Euro PowerCommander, and let us know if it works, ok? Thanks for being the guinea pig! :D

I've an Eurepean ninja 250r that's why I wanna buy the PC I just asked if the somebody has a picture of the FI airbox or knows if a KN filter exist sorry!!!

If you already HAVE the Euro Ninja 250r why don't you just look at the airbox??? Once you do that you'll see that your question about the KN air filter is moot. :o

If you already HAVE the Euro Ninja 250r why don't you just look at the airbox??? Once you do that you'll see that your question about the KN air filter is moot. :o

Just because I'm not at home and that during again 3months if I could look at the airbox I'd have already done!!!

What kind of performance does the Ninja have,Top end speed etc ??

EPG.

Top speed, per my Garmin Zumo, is 144 kph (90 MPH for real men) and that was with at least a few hundred RPM to play with but there was a tak-tak in the way. At that speed I was fully tucked in and wouldn't have really wanted to be traveling much faster.

Once you get it up above ~8 000 RPM it has really good performance. Below that, say in the city, if you aren't watching out you'll be embarrassed by a CBR 150R.

The stock tyres really let it down. Replace those and performance can only improve.

90 MPH sounds slow for a 250 ???

EPG.

That's an actual 90 MPH. Indicated was ~99. And as I pointed out, there was still a little bit of breathing room; I ran out of space to keep going faster. And if you were to look over other 250s that's about what's in line with a stocker.

However, at 75 or 90 or 100 there's not going to be much difference if someone hits you!

90 MPH sounds slow for a 250 ???

EPG.

That's an actual 90 MPH. Indicated was ~99. And as I pointed out, there was still a little bit of breathing room; I ran out of space to keep going faster. And if you were to look over other 250s that's about what's in line with a stocker.

However, at 75 or 90 or 100 there's not going to be much difference if someone hits you!

I've cruised BKK-CNX-BKK on the little Ninja a couple of times now and with the throttle wide open the Ninjette scoots along at a respectable 170km/hr indicated. I understand the speedo is not terribly accurate however. With an aftermarket pipe and re-gearing I've read that the Ninja 250R can do 200km/hr or more.

Here are the figures for the US carburated Ninja 250R from www.cycleworld.com:

Price $3499

Dry weight 352 lb.

Wheelbase 54.9 in.

Seat height 31.0 in.

Fuel mileage 60 mpg (this is US mpg - means 25.5km per litre!)

0-60 mph 7.6 sec.

1/4-mile 15.54 sec. @ 82.70 mph

Horsepower 27.2 hp @ 10,770 rpm (diff power figs will be there for Europe and Thai models)

Torque 14.3 ft.-lb. @ 9650 rpm

Top speed 96 mph (or 154km/h)

The Thai FI Ninja 250R cranks out 33HP. IMHO if top speed is what you're looking for, a Ninja 250cc motorcycle is not the bike to take to the drag strip crazyloco.gif

I'm not looking for topspeed I was just surprised that a ninja could take 200km/h. What did I do to you to be so nasty with :o:D:D

I know something I ask stupid questions!!!!

You answered yourself. There's quite a few people on this forum who are more than willing to help those without the knowledge but still don't suffer fools gladly.

And a stock Ninja will NOT hit 200. I'd imagine it would take quite a bit of work to reach a REAL 200, especially since you'd have to hit 220 indicated on your speedo due to the inherent inaccuracy.

I've cruised BKK-CNX-BKK on the little Ninja a couple of times now and with the throttle wide open the Ninjette scoots along at a respectable 170km/hr indicated. I understand the speedo is not terribly accurate however. With an aftermarket pipe and re-gearing I've read that the Ninja 250R can do 200km/hr or more.

So, assuming the 10% optimistic speedo, you were actually doing 153. 9 KPH more than my recorded run. And as discussed earlier you weighed down with all your gear are still lighter than me buck nekkid (please don't let nakedair read this; don't need anybody else fanatsisng about my toned lily white postier), it's not terribly surprising.

The Thai FI Ninja 250R cranks out 33HP. IMHO if top speed is what you're looking for, a Ninja 250cc motorcycle is not the bike to take to the drag strip crazyloco.gif

Is that the same hp rating as the EU version? If it's the same, why all the hostility about using a EU Power Commander. If it's not the same, can you provide a link that states that Kawasaki is using two different ECUs, one for Thailand and one for the rest of the world? Because it's not making sense to me that such a scenario would happen.