Funds To The Familly?

thaimate

just came back to the discussion ,and its good to see the replies , it was just that some guys you speak to seem as if they are paying to keep a woman rather than she stays out of love.

also most of the books you read about Thailand always seem to make us out to be A T M machines for our wives .not a very good advert for thai/ european relationships .

i wasnt trolling as one guy said ,but just interested (boredom after the christmas hols) which by the way my thai familly come to ,for the turkey dinner.

the one quote i also liked was ,my wife is my wife there is no mine or hers just ours ,both my Thai wives have been like that .

personally i think most of our marriges here are like that and not "the money no 1" kind.

happy new year. :o

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Been with my better half for 5 years or so, herself and her family have never asked for anything other than their daughter be happy. She stopped working to be a stay at home mum to our son. When her old folks bought a new pickup I offered to pay the monthly payments. Think its 7 bags of sand a month.

Why do some posters go out of their way point out that there motorbike , car or whatever is still in their name - and they never pay a penny towards this and that. Sin sods - whats sin sods....... etc...... To me it sounds a little insecure..?

Been with my better half for 5 years or so, herself and her family have never asked for anything other than their daughter be happy. She stopped working to be a stay at home mum to our son. When her old folks bought a new pickup I offered to pay the monthly payments. Think its 7 bags of sand a month.

Why do some posters go out of their way point out that there motorbike , car or whatever is still in their name - and they never pay a penny towards this and that. Sin sods - whats sin sods....... etc...... To me it sounds a little insecure..?

my cars in the wifes name ,so i have to be a good boy :o

I pay my wife a monthly allowance her job [as sexist as it sounds] is to look after me, the kids and the house. She pays the bills, buys the food from the market and anything left over is her's to do what she wants with. She'd rather work but me being an old fashioned sort of guy would prefer her at home until my two little ones are of school age.

flame away :o

I would not buy a g/f in the UK a motorbike and simply give it to her.

Neither would I go and buy myself a wife in the UK.

I would not sign over my house to one either.

So why would I want to do so here????

Pay sin sot? Why? You give a lady sin sot today and marry her, she can leave tomorrow with all that gold and cash in her pocket as there is no law to prevent her from doing so. No legal contract is entered into. You do not have a legal document to say to a Judge, ' Hey, I bought that woman only yesterday and I want my money back.'

Used to be that an engagement to a lady in the Uk was a binding agreement and one could sure if the other walked away.

They would laugh at you here if you asked for your 100,00 / 250,000 Baht sin sot back.

For me, as long as she is my g/f she gets to use the m/c as and when she pleases, but she cannot just walk away and keep it.

Later if we are still together, then I will hand over the documents. But until I am certain she is not pulling a fast one, or over the longer term, the m/c stays in my name.

You want to give your hard earned money away? Up to you :o

I pay my wife a monthly allowance her job [as sexist as it sounds] is to look after me, the kids and the house. She pays the bills, buys the food from the market and anything left over is her's to do what she wants with. She'd rather work but me being an old fashioned sort of guy would prefer her at home until my two little ones are of school age.

flame away :o

Exactly what I did in two Falang relationships - so why why does it become such a big issue when you do the same for a Thai partner ?

It seems to me that some people are just showing their own insecurities when they pour scorn on those who, in whatever way shape or form - provide support to their partner's family. If you don't want to contribute, lao tai kun, I'm happy for you if that works for you, but let those of us who are comfortable in our relationships get on with things.

Sure there are some who are only in it for the money - is this just a Thai character trait, of course not.

My wife's family is my family and I'm happy to help however I can if it is ever needed.

My wife works though and works hard and it is generally her own money she sends.

She also contributes to our bills and that's how I feel it should work. We work together and it works very well.

As an aside, for all the sceptics out there, she also takes a dam_n site less of my income than my British wife ever did.

Pay sin sot? Why? You give a lady sin sot today and marry her, she can leave tomorrow with all that gold and cash in her pocket as there is no law to prevent her from doing so. No legal contract is entered into. You do not have a legal document to say to a Judge, ' Hey, I bought that woman only yesterday and I want my money back.'

Used to be that an engagement to a lady in the Uk was a binding agreement and one could sure if the other walked away.

They would laugh at you here if you asked for your 100,00 / 250,000 Baht sin sot back.

For me, as long as she is my g/f she gets to use the m/c as and when she pleases, but she cannot just walk away and keep it.

Later if we are still together, then I will hand over the documents. But until I am certain she is not pulling a fast one, or over the longer term, the m/c stays in my name.

I agree with you on most points with regards to buying your g.f a motorbike after all you wouldnt do the same back in your home country. However, my partner and I have been together for 5 years and have a son. She has been brought up by a lower class family that have instilled some good morals in her and I simply wouldnt be achieving what I am achieving without the support from my partner.

Foreigners can and do have normal relationships in Thailand - would you beleive!

Jeeez man what century have you just been teleported from...?

We showed off some sin sod.. Next day me and the gold went back to the shop (hard up for money) and I offered to pay for the wedding expenses with what I showed in baht.. Right now we are living with the family because yep, I am still broke... I give 2k a month to the parents for my share.. My wife and I wife share money, don't keep track of who gets what.. I think maybe she buys things for them and so forth but I don't think she is sneaking them 10k under the table every month, even if she was, should I care?

Edited by Digitalman

My wife (we are not married, but we live together) sends her parents 3k baht every month and puts another 2k baht in a savings account for her mother every month. I have no problem with that what so ever.

She does not work as I do not want her to work, I work away and when I am home I do not like to spend my days off alone.

When I am away she will go to school to study english and learn about computers (she is 40 years old and left school when she was 11)

I put money in our joint account every month, usually more than she needs, but there is always money left there when I get home.

I do not see the problem with giving your wife or partner money to live, I done that with my ex-wife in the UK.

FD :o

• 2 weeks later...
It seems to me that some people are just showing their own insecurities when they pour scorn on those who, in whatever way shape or form - provide support to their partner's family. If you don't want to contribute, lao tai kun, I'm happy for you if that works for you, but let those of us who are comfortable in our relationships get on with things.

Sure there are some who are only in it for the money - is this just a Thai character trait, of course not.

My wife's family is my family and I'm happy to help however I can if it is ever needed.

My wife works though and works hard and it is generally her own money she sends.

She also contributes to our bills and that's how I feel it should work. We work together and it works very well.

As an aside, for all the sceptics out there, she also takes a dam_n site less of my income than my British wife ever did.

So basically what you are saying is that you pay right?

So what would happen if you stopped paying? come'on...be honest now.

It's really bazar how these guys justify their denial :o

Thai Visa Members: I don't give my wife anything at all because her Family are rich and influential, in fact they often offer me money.

99% of the real Farang population : Yes I do help the family out, so what ?

Me personally : I try to help out a bit, I give 300,000 Baht a month, the Family seem pretty happy with that, although for the big ticket items like New SUV's and holiday homes in Barbados, of course, I give a little more.

:o

Edited by Maigo6

Jeeez man what century have you just been teleported from...?

you can claim the sin sot back - laughing at you has nothing to do with asking for it back

So basically what you are saying is that you pay right?

So what would happen if you stopped paying? come'on...be honest now.

It's really bazar how these guys justify their denial :o

Yaaawwwwwnn, missed the hook this time, try for another fish, nice effort though :D

ive been around Thailand now for about 19 years and we have lived here permanantly for 3. when posters speak on these boards i regularaly hear them saying that they give the familly money or pay the wife a monthly amount.

now each to his own ,but i have never had to do this ,my wifes familly are not badly off ,so perhaps ime lucky ,but i was married to a Thai before and she never asked for anything ,we just shared .

so out of interest ,how many of you guys pay ? is it the norm?

If you have the money,confidence, and balls to accept criticism, if things don't run in your favour; you may distribute funding all over the world as you please. You will take pleasure in assisting,furthering people, creating happiness and enjoyment where there was hardship and disappointment. You will give without expecting anything in return. If you move on there will be no recriminations, you can afford it, you gave because you enjoyed giving.

Culture, tradition, will not be the truth of your decision, they merely provide the basis for the question.

For all those that say " not me ", i suppose they're ( Females ) all in it for your dashing good looks & Athletic figures aswell as you being different to the vast majority of Foreign Males in Thailand ??

Yeah, of course ... :D

Oh & i forgot, it's becuse they love you too... :o

For all those that say " not me ", i suppose they're ( Females ) all in it for your dashing good looks & Athletic figures aswell as you being different to the vast majority of Foreign Males in Thailand ??

Yeah, of course ... :D

Oh & i forgot, it's becuse they love you too... :D

It appears thats true on ThaiVisa Forum.

A huge percentage claim to be with red hot Rocket scientists who come from wealthy influential families, if the missus only has a BA they take the pizz out of you on this site!

Minimum requirements appear to be MBA, PHD, overseas university girl from a rich family. :o

Oh , nearly forgot, ThaiChinese as well. :D

Edited by Maigo6

The ones that pay are paying for sex in just the same way that they pay the bar girl in the morning. Now if you have them stop work and live with you when they worked before then providing a stipend from which she takes care of you and then perhaps has some left for her family is merely substitution and not the same at all.

Handing money over for no reason or when they stupidly get into debt knowing they can call on you means you are a sap. You might as well just bang a hooker, probably cheaper as well.

definitely cheaper.

I have never been able to understand these threads. I took care of my parents for over 20 years after they retired. Seemed fair to me since I had the means and they had taken care of me for my first 18. I had 2 falang wives and gave both of them money whether they worked or not, it's called a joint account. I also "helped" their parents on occasion. I see no reason that I should/would treat my thia wife any differently. So I guess my question to all you "I have never given my ..........", does this make me stupid or you just selfish (he said trying to be "nice)?

no it makes you a good guy,but if you marry and the lady's family are poor there will be an expectation to provide

money is just money. if i had enough of it i would probably share it, however at the moment we are poor. my child takes priority now so i have become a bit more tight with cash. the in laws understand entirely, but i do like to buy a bottle of whiskey for the father in law or upgrade a telephone for the mother in law when i can.

I married a very poor thai girl, met her in a bar. Support the family?? never? lazy <deleted>.

Now i have a gig, she is from a wealthy thai/chinese family in surburban bangkok. Support the family? of course why not? they deserve my money.

wanna know about my other gigs?? ok i thought not!

Not me ,I never paid sin sod ,and i have only helped out when the family have had major problems,

Me too

I never paid sin sod and the family has only helped out when I have had major problems :D

(true)

So your personal financial situation leaves you relying on your wifes parents to help you out whenever you have a major problem ?

They must be so proud of you. :o

Not me ,I never paid sin sod ,and i have only helped out when the family have had major problems,

Me too

I never paid sin sod and the family has only helped out when I have had major problems :D

(true)

Would you help someone who disgusts you? :D

Me too

(true)

Yes. :D

Me too

(true)

Yes. :D

:D