Washed The Bike - Just An Excuse To Post Pics

AnthonyR1

we have similar taste in bikes....I also did the zx6r thing then the r1 thing...geeze i miss her :o

Ur a champion - keep it upright & enjoy....the green bike looks hot & has good brake goodies to match its looks.

travel mate is a legend too :D

Record Holder -

These figures were obtained by mike grainger my friend on a normally aspirated ( but heavily breathed on ) zx12,.he has other records,.

Name - Flipper ( mike grainger )

Event - JD6 Bike - Kawasaki ZX-12R Top Speed - 212.9 Modifications - Stroker crank, Full system, aero mods, gearing, airbox, lowered The Top Five

1. 1.Flipper - ZX-12R - 212.9

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

341 kph. That's HUGE !!!!!
its pretty good for a non turbo bike isnt it, he owns gt motorcycles in the uk and has engine builder brian capper working for him, he is a magician with engines,.i rode mikes turboed 365 bhp hayabusa at bruntingthorpe at 223mph, it was awesome and seemed to quiet at 200 plus, weird,. :o

Insane speeds.. I used to have to cross germany very often as part of a job, and used to push it along the autobahns, up above 200 sometimes touching 240ish for periods and the speed that stuff approaches, the concentration etc is just nuts, that was in a big car with seatbelts etc.

The very idea of 300+ or that insane 424 kind of speed.. On a bike.. Not for me I think..

dotty,

You never answered my question in the other post??

So you were in the showroom yesterday, I'm taking it is something at the Ducati shop then??

That is insane huge speed....I have no doubt that a ZX12R with those sort of mods can do it....just not for the faint hearted!

Anyway, back on top of ur avatar lad.....post some pics from the Ducati shop if uve got some?

I wonder what it was that made it look like it had a shroud above the rear wheel in the first pic.

I was right that it was shaft driven, single sided swingarm.

Is looking like a k1200......didnt realise that there were any in thailand...what sort of crazy money do they want for that here?

1 million baht or more......is that like 1.99 million baht.

I would reakon that 1 million would be a fair price for a k1200r sport.....especially when you look at the prices of the Ducati's, where your paying almost one and half for a 1098 or two and a half for a 1098r.

bike prices here are crazy. grrrr :o

1 million baht or more......is that like 1.99 million baht.

I would reakon that 1 million would be a fair price for a k1200r sport.....especially when you look at the prices of the Ducati's, where your paying almost one and half for a 1098 or two and a half for a 1098r.

bike prices here are crazy. grrrr :o

One unsold in West coast cycles for 690 ish IIRC.. Thai regged.. Tho it does have 25k kms..

Buddy is now a VERY motivated seller of a K1200R.. His mate just sold one and got an MT-01..

They may be huge money to buy.. But that doesnt make them easier to shift by the sound of things !!

Now if it was a GS 1200 I'd be tempted.

Personally, I can't understand why you'd want to run a sportsbike in Thailand? I must be missing something?

Theres some fantastic rides around thailand....have a look at some of the posts on this forum.

I wouldnt bother owning just a sports bike....id always keep a buzz around thing for going to the shops on....I'm not too sure how I would go with half the family perched upon a ZX10R on the way back from the market...could be interesting.

Now if it was a GS 1200 I'd be tempted.

Personally, I can't understand why you'd want to run a sportsbike in Thailand? I must be missing something?

sportbikes are always fun. granted not the most comfortable for long hauls but nothing tops the extreme power. a challenge in bkk to find a strip of road clear enough to crank it but plenty outside of the city :-) like anything else there are pros and cons. power is unmatched and so is the sore wrists and butt :-)

^ wow, that's some machine!

Hey thanks Anthony but that ZX10 beast of yours is faster then this one on racing track.

Yep here is the ZX10R at track.

post-71324-1230460043_thumb.jpg

well what about this you guyspost-70719-1230885121_thumb.jpg

hmmmm? well i'm pretty open minded when it comes to bikes and bikers. i figure if you're on the road, 2 wheels then riding is riding :D

that machine certainly isn't for me... don't like trikes at all BUT if the owner loves riding it then i suppose it's all good. i think :o

AntR1,

They scanned ok these shots...not sure how they will look posted. Ive only got 3 pics here and two of them have my ugly head in it, so I sent u the one with no head.

98r1lm6.th.jpg

why cant poor ole neverdie make his pics big like the rest of em? cant work out what I am doing wrong...does anyone else use photoshack?

Edited by neverdie

Thats a small R1 there Neverdie.....

LOL :o U cunny funt. It may be a little R1, but can you see the big fire shes breathing? I have a couple of other pics but I can't work out how to make them come up bigger...you cant click on these babies.

I've got a pic of the current beast....you wanna see it?

That thing that looks like a shroud from the side is the bottom of the exhaust =D

As for that trike, Rbrick, if you want to get some attention you need to be seen pottering around on one of thses:

uno_one_wheel_motorcycle.jpg

Yes it is the exhaust. Hey if I rode one of them, it would stop the thai guys down the soi from yelling "YOKLOR" everytime I rode past.

Well, I'm assuming that the production model would be capable of higher speeds. After all, no good in having an eco-friendly bike that takes aaaages to get anywhere. It's actually pretty clever how it works though. You control the bike by leaning. Forwards to go and backwards to stop. It works by using the wheel to try and 'balance' the rider. When you lean forward it detects that, and moves the wheel to try and keep you directly over the wheel, therefore moving the bike forwards.

Well, I'm assuming that the production model would be capable of higher speeds. After all, no good in having an eco-friendly bike that takes aaaages to get anywhere. It's actually pretty clever how it works though. You control the bike by leaning. Forwards to go and backwards to stop. It works by using the wheel to try and 'balance' the rider. When you lean forward it detects that, and moves the wheel to try and keep you directly over the wheel, therefore moving the bike forwards.

Same gyro scene of a segway..