Baby Passport Thai/english Or What ?

Can any one tell me what would be the normall way my wife wants to go back to thailand for a holiday she will be on FLR and is on a thai passport she will go back with my daughter who will be about 6 months old this may sound silly but if I go to the thai embassy and get my daughter a thai passport/birth certificate.

Do I also need to get a UK baby passport (is there such a thing and how do you get it)

ta bread

You should get both a British and Thai passport for her. She enters and leaves Thailand with the Thai one and enters and leaves the UK with the British one.

For the Thai passport see Instruction for applying for a child’s Birth Certificate And requesting for an Electronic Passport .

For the British passport see I want to apply for a new or renewed child passport (under 16s).

If time is too short to get both passports, I'd recommend getting the British passport first. She will be allowed into Thailand with a British passport, but will not be allowed back into the UK with a Thai passport unless she gets a visa first!

A long time ago children under 2 years old did not require a passport to travel with their parents, or maybe even just one parent.

But now they are potential terrorists and also you have cases of one parent taking the child overseas away from the other parent.

So current rules seem to require a passport for everyone, even newborn babies.

I'm not at all sure about UK rules, but a USA Permanent Resident (i.e. not a citizen yet) has to be careful about how much time they spend out of the country. Enough time out of the country and the permanent resident status is considered abandoned.