Platinum Of Phuket

klx250

While platinum are a poor brand.. I think its hard to simply fault all chinese bikes.. So much of many machines comes out of China its all about quality control..

I hear CPI motors selling chinese products into Malaysia with quite some success and customer satisfaction.. They have a sport scooter the Malay scooter clubs love. The Sachs product may be an old design engine but I havent heard reliability problems much..

I thought JRD was Malay assembled from Chinese parts.. I heard about a Hat Yai plant also but no idea what was done there..

Malaysia also has the Modena brand (large size) scooters that are cheap and nothing like that on the Thai market. Wonder why Thailand doesnt have them now theres no import duties. I rented one a month or two back on a visit to Langkawi and it was ok for a big scoot feel.

I thought JRD was Malay assembled from Chinese parts.. I heard about a Hat Yai plant also but no idea what was done there..

Malaysia also has the Modena brand (large size) scooters that are cheap and nothing like that on the Thai market. Wonder why Thailand doesnt have them now theres no import duties. I rented one a month or two back on a visit to Langkawi and it was ok for a big scoot feel.

Correct, JRD is Chinese,.you dont even need a franchise , if you approach the factory direct for enough they will brand them as you like,.China is capable of doing very good quality,you will be amazed what is made there ( in secret for the most part ) for an examle boss wheels are marked "made in USA" Wrong !, China,. pro taper bike parts. box " made in USA" ,wrong, China,. the list is endless,........

I always get a little sad if I see how deep people dig in dirt for they find something to throw with it.

This is a paper article from 25 February 2006 and as blind cows the whole TV start to write comments about it. In the past year I did publish here enough about Platinum Motorcycles. And almost every time I there is the same reactions.

For me, I have a Monaco 150-8, it’s a good and reliable motorbike. Yes with things that can better, so I adapt it. Spare parts are not a problem. This bike is build of from parts that you can buy on almost every motorbike market. Sometimes need a little adaption.

If you have 2 left hands and only can pull your wallet to pay “your” Thai mechanic then please buy a Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki or another to high priced motorcycle.

Happy motoring…..with Platinum :o

• 2 months later...
I always get a little sad if I see how deep people dig in dirt for they find something to throw with it.

This is a paper article from 25 February 2006 and as blind cows the whole TV start to write comments about it. In the past year I did publish here enough about Platinum Motorcycles. And almost every time I there is the same reactions.

For me, I have a Monaco 150-8, it’s a good and reliable motorbike. Yes with things that can better, so I adapt it. Spare parts are not a problem. This bike is build of from parts that you can buy on almost every motorbike market. Sometimes need a little adaption.

If you have 2 left hands and only can pull your wallet to pay “your” Thai mechanic then please buy a Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki or another to high priced motorcycle.

Happy motoring…..with Platinum :o

I have a 175 dirt bike which is the Trang dealer/shop since 1 month after purchase 18 months ago..they say its the generator/inductor coil or whatever ( who knows what bullshit line they are giving me) and are waiting for parts.( that was 2 months ago)..Where do you source your parts..I need to fix the #$%^& thing myself. .............................NON motoring with Platinum ( you get the best???LOL)