Pattaya Software Center

bartender100

Pattaya TukCom,

just been there, they opened probably a week early, as most of the shops were still unpacking, or even just decorating!

Seems like 90% of the units are rented out, and only for hardware/software my guestimate would be around double as much shops present compared to SriRacha.

Many of the Pantip shops who never bothered to open a branch in Sri Racha are here in Pattaya now!

I guess it's going to be hard on Wattana, DCO, liberty and the likes with competition like this...

Monty

It's the old day-night department store that's been redecorated. It was closed for years after someone died in the building and the Thai's refused to come there, afraid of ghosts....

When I heard about the new store months ago my first though was where they intend people to park. With usual Thai foresight they seem to have completely disregarded that little detail.

I had a brief stroll in there yesterday and the one thing I did notice is that instead of offering good competitive prices to get business started as would have been the case most everywhere else in the world, at least the software shops have clear signs of 150 baht per CD - compared to the 120 baht asked everywhere else in Pattaya and Si Racha. I didn't stay long enough to find out if hardware was equally overpriced. Unless they get to their senses and become competitive, prices and lack of parking will make this a half-failure, catering only to short-term tourists who don't know better.

Hardware prices are certainly not overpriced, since most of the shops use the pricelist they recieve daily from BKK. This is the same pricelist as in Panthip, SriRacha,...

A lot of those pricelists can be found on-line as well!

Example : http://www.famous.co.th/price/brochure.cgi

They have shops in all IT centers, including the new Pattaya one...

Just bought a 256 Mb thumdrive at 1120 Baht ! go try and find one at Wattana :o

Edited by monty