Xmas Dinner

H2oDunc

299 baht is still very cheap for a Christmas Dinner! well done, you have got to be the cheapest person on this forum. :o

I think you'll find me that's me. My Christmas dinner was laap pet from the soi. 25 Baht.

Cheap! I'll show ye cheap.

<deleted> dem fancy farang places.

i think you were overcharged,usuallly 20baht!

I was at the same 299 baht Christmas dinner that the OP was. It was fantastic. Delicious turkey, ham, stuffing, mac and cheese, coleslaw, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberries (real) and some Thai food. It was utterly delicious. I knew it would be because the same place had an amazing Thanksgiving dinner as well. I would have paid 499 but to get it for only 299 just made it taste that much better and everyone I spoke with who went had nothing but praise. My mouth is literally watering right now thinking about it.

For those of you who think the food was cheap, or that we are cheap, or that if you don't spend more than a 1,000 baht it can't be good are just plain ignorant. Don't cry because you missed such an amazing opportunity. You can go next year but reserve early as the reservation list will fill fast. Expensive food does not mean good food.

I was at the same 299 baht Christmas dinner that the OP was. It was fantastic. Delicious turkey, ham, stuffing, mac and cheese, coleslaw, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberries (real) and some Thai food. It was utterly delicious. I knew it would be because the same place had an amazing Thanksgiving dinner as well. I would have paid 499 but to get it for only 299 just made it taste that much better and everyone I spoke with who went had nothing but praise. My mouth is literally watering right now thinking about it.

For those of you who think the food was cheap, or that we are cheap, or that if you don't spend more than a 1,000 baht it can't be good are just plain ignorant. Don't cry because you missed such an amazing opportunity. You can go next year but reserve early as the reservation list will fill fast. Expensive food does not mean good food.

Very well said! The UK and other places would not be in the s--t that it's in if it wasn't for people buying things they can't afford and think it's fashionable to have, while using money they don't actually possess to buy them. Go out and buy your 3000 baht dinners if that's what you want. In the meantime some of us will stay prudent and hopefully we'll still be around while you have to go back and get a job!

If everyone tries really hard and posts again and again, this topic could be prolonged until next Christmas and maybe until the Christmas after next Christmas. So, if SBK would be gracious and not //close// it, that Topic could be the longest Christmas Topic in the history of the internet.

:o

Since the op of this thread been speaking alot about catcando on this forum, i reccon you are at least a regular, and maybe speak to the owner there. I been there 3 times now (unfortunately i missed the christmas-thing) and 2 times i had the ribs, 1 time i had a burger. I have to say, they are on to a winner when it comes to food, prices, atmosphere, and i in particular enjoy the draft chang jug for 99 baht. However, the latest 2 times the waitress just dont listened to the order. She says "yes". To me that means that she understood. We were 4 people on the table and only 3 got food. The third time we were 3 at the table and the other 2 had to wait for their egg and bacon til i already ate my burger finished. That was after a reminder that "we ordered breakfast" ( it takes about 2 minuites to cook so obviously the same waitress again didnt listen).

Now, i would like the owner to acknowledge that he has a problem here. Because this place is gonna be a winner. And i might become a regular for sure. But this waitress need to start doing her job, or be changed. She is really hurting the place with not asking if she got it right instead of just guessing and serving wrong.

As a remark, i like everything else about this place and i am not into trying to speak bad about catcando. It is very good. Just only one person among the staff dont fit in at all and needs training or replacement. To my oppinion.

Since the op of this thread been speaking alot about catcando on this forum, i reccon you are at least a regular, and maybe speak to the owner there. I been there 3 times now (unfortunately i missed the christmas-thing) and 2 times i had the ribs, 1 time i had a burger. I have to say, they are on to a winner when it comes to food, prices, atmosphere, and i in particular enjoy the draft chang jug for 99 baht. However, the latest 2 times the waitress just dont listened to the order. She says "yes". To me that means that she understood. We were 4 people on the table and only 3 got food. The third time we were 3 at the table and the other 2 had to wait for their egg and bacon til i already ate my burger finished. That was after a reminder that "we ordered breakfast" ( it takes about 2 minuites to cook so obviously the same waitress again didnt listen).

Now, i would like the owner to acknowledge that he has a problem here. Because this place is gonna be a winner. And i might become a regular for sure. But this waitress need to start doing her job, or be changed. She is really hurting the place with not asking if she got it right instead of just guessing and serving wrong.

As a remark, i like everything else about this place and i am not into trying to speak bad about catcando. It is very good. Just only one person among the staff dont fit in at all and needs training or replacement. To my oppinion.

I like Catcando as well - EXCEPT the 60 baht coke light. Even vodka-redbull is only 49 baht (maybe not much vodka?).