Bad Experience At Sasitara Residence

bubu

hi all ...

just want to write some words about my stay at sasitara residence (same owner as chaweng park place) last month ...

i stayed there one month and it was quite disappointing ....

1.) according to the electricity meter (which was installed right in front of my window) i used 45 units, but they charged 90 units ... i told them that i did not use 90, but they said i did.

2.) the price for one unit was 7 baht, although the confirmation mail said 6 baht. i showed the mail and they said prices changed. i was quite upset, not because of the one baht, but because we had an agreement ... by the way, the total amount for electricity and water was exactly 1000 baht. what a surprise!

3.) on the last day the cleaning staff stole 20 euros ... i know that it was the cleaning staff because they were the only persons who had access to this room and i never carried my wallet so it's not possible that i lost the money ...

the resort is new and nice ... but it seems to be quite usual that guests are treated that way ... some days before another guest had also some problems upon check out.

furthermore they charged 1000 baht for a lost key ... it was not really lost, but stolen. unfortunately, a person on motorbike robbed our handbag and so we lost our key ... OK, it is policy that they charge 1000 baht, but i think in this situation they could react a bit more insightfully ...

well, i will not come to this place again. and i really can not recommend this place to others!

Let me guess...You booked in advance for a whole month without even seeing the place first. Looked good online, eh?

And to think you could have stayed in the Ocean Front Pool Villa Suite at Silavadee Resort in Lamai for the oh-so-affordable price of (grab your ankles)....

120,000 baht an night (84,000 baht if you booked through that Internet thing). That would have cost you, at walk-in rate, about US$110,000 for the month. But think of the tremendous savings using that Internet thing. Then it would have only been about US$76,000!

There's always next time...

http://silavadeeresort.com/rate.html

Up to their old tricks again I see. As I mentioned in a thread a few months back, I had the same thing happen to me at Chaweng Park Place. I've been coming to Samui a couple of times a year for the last five years now, and no matter how hard I try to prevent it, I am always scammed out of a few extra baht. Best thing is to just expect it, and build it into your holiday budget. That way you won't be surprised by whatever it is they say you owe.

As far as getting stuff ripped off out your room - it is rampant. If it's not nailed down they will take it. Do as the Thais do, and carry any valuables with you at all times. Sometimes inconvenient when going to the beach, but a lot less stressful.

I've found the newer wing at Chaweng Gardens to be the best bang for your baht.

Thanks for the heads up.

Let me guess...You booked in advance for a whole month without even seeing the place first. Looked good online, eh?

And to think you could have stayed in the Ocean Front Pool Villa Suite at Silavadee Resort in Lamai for the oh-so-affordable price of (grab your ankles)....

120,000 baht an night (84,000 baht if you booked through that Internet thing). That would have cost you, at walk-in rate, about US$110,000 for the month. But think of the tremendous savings using that Internet thing. Then it would have only been about US$76,000!

There's always next time...

http://silavadeeresort.com/rate.html

Nice place, no beach but you get breakfast.... :o

The rain this week is also totally free....

Edited by samui04

Do as the Thais do, and carry any valuables with you at all times. Sometimes inconvenient when going to the beach, but a lot less stressful.

I have never heard of anything going missing if you give it to the reception desk and they put in in their safe, or whatever safe place they use. I am not sure I would recommend carrying around your passport, cash, travelers checks, credit cards and plane ticket (if you don't have an e-ticket) everywhere you go. That in itself would stress me out.