90 Day Reporting For "bangkok Residents"

Is it safe to assume that if I fly out of the country within 7 days after my report due date, I don't need to make the 90 day report? Also, has anyone ever not been able to get a re-entry permit at the airport for any reason other than the PAD? I am planning to leave by coincidence within 7 days after my report date. I am on my first extension and don't want to mess it up as it would also give me air ticket problems with a round trip originating in BKK.

You should have no problem. Your departure will serve as your report. Just remember to do your next report 90 days after returning.

Never heard of anybody having a problem getting a re-entry permit.

You will need one photo, the TM8 filled out and 1000 baht.

You can download the TM8 here in DOC or PDF format (click the W or adobe icons) here.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/ba...p?page=download

Re 90 day reporting

I last entered Thailand on Oct 16, 2008 with my 1 year retirement visa due to expire Jan. 9, 2009.

Instead of renewing the retirement visa, I obtained a married man's visa on Jan. 6. Do I still have to do a 90 day report within 90 days of Oct. 16, 2008, or did the extension of stay application processing and obtention of the married man's visa sufficiently satisfy that requirement, and a new 90 day reporting period begin on Jan. 6, 2009?

I saw on the government website that "The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days", but that isn't my situation, and though my circumstances are somewhat analogous, I know better than to try logic with such matters.

As usual, I can't get through on the phone to Suan Plu, so your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Re 90 day reportingI last entered Thailand on Oct 16, 2008 with my 1 year retirement visa due to expire Jan. 9, 2009.

Instead of renewing the retirement visa, I obtained a married man's visa on Jan. 6. Do I still have to do a 90 day report within 90 days of Oct. 16, 2008, or did the extension of stay application processing and obtention of the married man's visa sufficiently satisfy that requirement, and a new 90 day reporting period begin on Jan. 6, 2009?

I saw on the government website that "The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days", but that isn't my situation, and though my circumstances are somewhat analogous, I know better than to try logic with such matters.

As usual, I can't get through on the phone to Suan Plu, so your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Normally when you do an extension they tell you the report date.

Your 90 day report is due 90 days from Jan. 6th. Did they give you a date 30 days from the 6th to report back while they consider your application. Some offices will start your 90 days from that date when you go back.

Thanks very much for the fast response, Joe.

BTW, at Suan Plu there was no discussion of the 90 day reporting issue. Probably because they were focussed on the issue that I should be applying for my married man visa in Surat Thani, since I live in Chumphon.

I do not think that his Marriage Exension application will count as his 90 day report. I think he should report 90 days from Oct. 16th. But I may be wrong as he changed his extension type.

Oh Well forget the above.

He should still need to report 90 days from Oct. 16th.

So you did not get your extension. They gave you an extension to visit your wife.

Thats why no 90 day report date.

Yes, but the way I see it, Tim moved from one type of extension to another one without leaving Thailand, which means the current 90-days report due date remains due!

In Tim's case I would file the 90 days report as due. If it is not needed nothing is lost, if needed and not filed it will cost 2,000Baht.

Better safe than sorry.

opalhort

So you did not get your extension. They gave you an extension to visit your wife.

Thats why no 90 day report date.

Yes, but the way I see it, Tim moved from one type of extension to another one without leaving Thailand, which means the current 90-days report due date remains due!

In Tim's case I would file the 90 days report as due. If it is not needed nothing is lost, if needed and not filed it will cost 2,000Baht.

Better safe than sorry.

opalhort

Thanks for the comment. So if I had applied to extend my retirement visa, the 90 day reporting would not be necessary now, but because I applied for the spousal visa the 90 day period didn't reset? Don't understand why that would be the case, since the documentation submitted was the same, plus the evidence of marriage.

It is not convenient to make the trip to do the 90 day reporting since it will take the better part of a day to do that in person (no immigration office in Chumphon), and it is too late to do it by mail I think, so I will do it only if necessary.

Wait for the experts, but the way I understand it only your very first extension counts as a 90 day report, all subsequent extensions DO NOT count even if you change the type of extension.

It is not to late for mail reporting. Probably you are due on 13 or 14 Jan. You have ±7 days of due date.

so mail it today or tomorrow and you should be okay.

opalhort

Wait for the experts, but the way I understand it only your very first extension counts as a 90 day report, all subsequent extensions DO NOT count even if you change the type of extension.

It is not to late for mail reporting. Probably you are due on 13 or 14 Jan. You have ±7 days of due date.

so mail it today or tomorrow and you should be okay.

opalhort

You are correct about the reporting. However as far as reporting by mail I always understood that the report had to be recieved on or before the date.

Note. The return stamp would be 10 Baht.

However as far as reporting by mail I always understood that the report had to be recieved on or before the date.

Yes, this appears to be a grey area as far as the rules go.

Late reporting has to be done in person but does the "late reporting" include or exclute the +7 days allowance?

As far as the OP is concerned I think he should mail it in a hurry and if any complains come up explain the reasons (change of extension status, distance to imm office and mis-info received from Suan Plu when he applied for extension ;-) )

opalhort

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I just got my Receipt of Notification (Staying Longer than 90 Days) back today. I sent it in via registered mail on 7 Jan 09. It is obvious that the instructions on this website is outdated. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days Below is a paper that came inside the envelope.

This is for all who wants to mail in the Documents to Notify of Staying Longer Than 90 Days:

1. Photocopy of the photo page of your passport.

2. Photocopy of your current visa (last visa) on your passport.

3. Photocopy of your Departure Card (TM.6)

4. Photocopy of the Last Entry Stamp.

5. ORIGINAL of Receipt of Notification.

6. ORIGINAL of your new 90 Days Registration Form. Don't forget to sign your name. (TM.47)

7. A stamped, self-addressed envelope to receive your new receipt. (10 Baht stamp attached.)

Procedure:

Send Registered mail to:

90 DAYS REGISTRATION

Room 206 Immigration Bureau

SOI Suanplu, South Sathorn Rd.

Sathorn, Bangkok 10120

Please allow atleast 1 week for delivery of registered mail. Your new form will be stamped as of the expiration date of your old form. Important: Your document can not be processed if you have passed the 90 days limit. You must come to the nearest Immigration Office or Room 206 Immigration Bureau in person to pay fine 2,000 Baht. To receive a blank Registration Form, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to the address above. Request Form TM.47

Immigration Officer

Edited by tripplejjj