Near Miss In Traffic...

JimsKnight

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Taken by surprise by a pedestrian while filtering through stationary traffic... the rider was right to berate himself in the way he did.

Ohhh & you ride a motorcycle in thailand & you've never filtered thru the stationary traffic....with the millions of other riders that do it.

Being a pedestrian in Thailand, one would have to think twice before dancing out amoungst the traffic without looking.....of course being a thai and living amoungst it for 30 or 40 years....you think she would know better.

Good thing he bothered to weave around her & not go over the top of her, like so many others do.

Taken by surprise by a pedestrian while filtering through stationary traffic... the rider was right to berate himself in the way he did.

Ohhh & you ride a motorcycle in thailand & you've never filtered thru the stationary traffic....with the millions of other riders that do it.

Being a pedestrian in Thailand, one would have to think twice before dancing out amoungst the traffic without looking.....of course being a thai and living amoungst it for 30 or 40 years....you think she would know better.

Good thing he bothered to weave around her & not go over the top of her, like so many others do.

Well said, some car-zealot farang in Thailand would sht themselves if they actually rode a bike so his comments, while ridiculous are understandable :D

I would pay money to see him on a bike in Bangkok with about 100 bikers up his back end while he blocks the filter lanes between traffic :o

Well said, some car-zealot farang in Thailand would sht themselves if they actually rode a bike so his comments, while ridiculous are understandable :D

I would pay money to see him on a bike in Bangkok with about 100 bikers up his back end while he blocks the filter lanes between traffic :D

Whadda ya talking about JK, he's not even some car-zealot farang....he never leaves the PC, been a member for a few weeks, probably never been to Thailand & posted nearly 800 times :o ....at a guess I'd reakon it would be safe to say he hasnt got a F#&^ing clue - he must order in. :D

• 1 month later...

Nice move. She's lucky you knew what you were doing. That little stretch was part of my daily commute for 7 years. I've said it before --- I had many more close calls in Hua Hin than I have in BKK. From vehicles and pedestrians. Hua Hin is famous for tourists stepping right out into traffic without looking, you'd think a Thai would be a little more aware of what could happen. :o:D

With that helmet cam,i expect to see a lot more close calls,hardly a day goes by without most bike riders in Thailand having a close call.The difference is that a farang knows a close call,where as a Thai national thinks that it is perfectly normal to nearly die every day... :o Looks like your traffic is heavier then ours in Sawan! :D

I once stopped at a zebra crossing to allow a rather old Thai lady to cross, all the other traffic honked thier horns and gesticulated to me like I was an idiot, even my wife said "why have you stopped?....."

Different culture and interesting :o

I did exactly the same thing,did not know why everybody cracked a nutter,i even thought"look at those dicks,not even giving way to the pedestrians".Glad i was not on the walking end... :D Boy do i see differently now... :D

Edited by tritexengineering

• 1 month later...