F.a Cup 3rd Round.

PST

Hi,does anybody know which games (if any) will be shown,and on which channels? truevisions website is showing nothing at present,and i'm unable to get any cable tv listings.

The last few years has seen fa cup matches being shown on star sports 66.

Thanks in advance.

PST.

Hi,does anybody know which games (if any) will be shown,and on which channels? truevisions website is showing nothing at present,and i'm unable to get any cable tv listings.

The last few years has seen fa cup matches being shown on star sports 66.

Thanks in advance.

PST.

Not on ESPN or Star Sports in Thailand, only other areas. Nothing showing on True Sports as you say.

Maybe something on Thai Tv.

Cable will probably nick it from Astro (Malaysia) or Multi Choice (Africa)

Right, so long as i'm working it out right, below is what Game's we'll have on Sat/Sun..

Saturday in order :

http://www.supersport.co.za/content.aspx?i...t&view=full

Hull V Newcastle - LIVE

Preston V Liverpool - LIVE

Forest Green V Derby - Delayed so i doubt if Bars would show it.

Macclesfield V Everton - Delayed so i doubt if Bars wouls show it.

Sunday :

Gillingham V Villa - LIVE

Southampton V Man Ure - LIVE

Well done Mr Singh but also they are showing Macclesfield v Everton live on S5.

Cheers for the info regarding the Macc game :o

Could well be a lot of goals in it as you never know what Macc side will turn up......so inconsistent.

It could be either Macc 2 Everton 1 or Macc 0 Everton 8 !

Happy New Year to all you guys on the footie forum.

New Year for us spent with my wifes family in Chaiyaphum. Street party last night and I drunk many Chang beers.......I feel a bit shaky this morning,for some reason !

Tawan Daeng tonight for hair of the dog......I think mr bojangles will know the place.

No FA Cup football scheduled on UBC or any of the Thai TV stations for next weekend. ESPN shows the Hull v Newcastle match in its Thailand schedule for Saturday, but I am sure that is an error.

So unless you have access to Super Sports, it looks like no FA Cup for the next 3 or 4 seasons.

No FA Cup football scheduled on UBC or any of the Thai TV stations for next weekend. ESPN shows the Hull v Newcastle match in its Thailand schedule for Saturday, but I am sure that is an error.

So unless you have access to Super Sports, it looks like no FA Cup for the next 3 or 4 seasons.

:o Shit, I suppose it gives me an excuse to go out though.

Well, some obscure company unfortunately bought the rights for Thailand so it should be shown on some channel. You can go stay at the crappy NASA Vegas Hotel on Rhamkhamhaeng where they have Malaysian-feed channels and watch it on Star Sports and ESPN in the room. Every room has those channels and as they're Malaysia's version, you'll be set. Not a great hotel but stayed there many a time as it was near friends and dirt cheap.

Seems to be so, like they did with the last Charity Shield or whatever its' called now!

These are facts

ESPN/STAR has bought exclusive broadcast rights for all FA Cup matches, from Round 1 to the Final; The FA Community Shield and all Senior and Under-21 England Team home matches, including the FIFA World Cup and UEFA European Championship qualifiers played at home and all friendly matches. This applies to most SE Asian countries, but excludes Thailand, and is valid for 4 seasons.

A company called M-League has bought exclusive broadcast rights for these matches for Thailand.

My conclusion is that M-League is a "middle-man". Having bought the broadcast rights for Thailand, it then has to sell the rights on to a broadcaster (Thai TV or UBC). It appears that no broadcaster has paid to show the matches, either because the price was too high or they thought that there was no demand. Maybe M-League will drop its asking price, or a lot of people will complain to UBC to persude them to reconsider.

Probably none of the companies will want to lose face and renegotiate, so everybody loses.

Either you find a Super Sports feed or you search for a download stream on the Internet.

Exactly right, delboy, but these matches have a habit of getting on at the last minute with no warning. They will be on somewhere, but it seems a travesty that they would buy the rights and then do a horrible job of selling them. The FA should never have let them buy it. They need to be much more careful with the FA rights and how they're distributed. It's not true there is no demand for FA Cup games, Thai fans (not just expats) care more about any game coming from England than they do about Thailand Premier League matches. Most every Thai football fan knows about the FA Cup and likes to see it.

About losing face, there are often last minute negotiations, as in the case of ESPN Star Sports almost being dropped from Truevisions last year but at the last minute they kept it on due to their negotiations.

Anyway, the FA needs to not do this again for Thailand. Just don't give it to the highest bidder and not follow up if they're even being successful at getting the matches on in that country. Whats the point? Give it to an established broadcast or satellite company like ESPN Asia or even Truevisions that will be sure to get it on for their viewers.

Well Jimjim lets' hope there is a last minute reprieve and we can get to see it.

There is Wigan vs. Spurs tonight (Friday/sat morning)about 3am Thai time so will see if any sign of that.

If anyone hears of it being shown on any channel. maybe they can do a posting here.

Thanks.

At least the live football actually can save me money as with it on I often don't go out!

Well done Mr Singh but also they are showing Macclesfield v Everton live on S5.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the feed we get from SuperSport is not the South Africa feed.

There is another listing called "Rest of Africa".

That is the C band feed we get here.

SuperSport does not have the FA Cup rights for those regions in Africa, so we will not get any of those games here.

Here is the correct schedule for what we receive here.

Here's hoping the local Thai channels pick up some games.

These are facts

ESPN/STAR has bought exclusive broadcast rights for all FA Cup matches, from Round 1 to the Final; The FA Community Shield and all Senior and Under-21 England Team home matches, including the FIFA World Cup and UEFA European Championship qualifiers played at home and all friendly matches. This applies to most SE Asian countries, but excludes Thailand, and is valid for 4 seasons.

A company called M-League has bought exclusive broadcast rights for these matches for Thailand.

My conclusion is that M-League is a "middle-man". Having bought the broadcast rights for Thailand, it then has to sell the rights on to a broadcaster (Thai TV or UBC). It appears that no broadcaster has paid to show the matches, either because the price was too high or they thought that there was no demand. Maybe M-League will drop its asking price, or a lot of people will complain to UBC to persude them to reconsider.

Probably none of the companies will want to lose face and renegotiate, so everybody loses.

Either you find a Super Sports feed or you search for a download stream on the Internet.

Does anybody have any idea what M-League will do with the broadcast rights if nobody buys them? What's the point of buying them if they aren't going to show them? :o

Please give us our football back!! :D

So what are the alternatives to watching these games tonight, if you cant get them in Thailand. Online live streams?

Anyone know any websites?

Ive got UBC so I cant see any of it, theres also no pubs in Korat with anything other than UBC.

So what are the alternatives to watching these games tonight, if you cant get them in Thailand. Online live streams?

Ive got UBC so I cant see any of it, theres also no pubs in Korat with anything other than UBC.

Go here.

http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?compet...ipline=football

You will need to download a couple of programs ( TVU, SopCast, TVAmts, etc. ) in order to view.

http://myp2p.eu/software.php?part=software

Most of the links on the site work. Some don't.

Picture quality varies and occasionally a feed has Chinese audio.

But it's better than nothnig.

Jared: can also switch to BBC world service radio channel 30 on the UBC remote which has an excellent sports programme from 9pm Thai time with no doubt live radio broadcast of a game and all the news and live action from the other games.

As another says better than nothing.

Pattayaranger writes:

"BKK Post says 21.55 , ESPN Hull v Newcastle game on............who knows !!!!"

-Hope you are correct but the Post surely got it wrong and ESPN/Star are specifically advertising that their FA cup coverage excludes Thailand.

BKK Post says 21.55 , ESPN Hull v Newcastle game on............who knows !!!!

The ESPN/STAR website shows this match in its Thailand schedules and it's probable that the BKK Post copied it for publication. The website lists no other cup matches for Thailand this weekend, so I think it's a mistake. Only time will tell.

Edited by delboy

Well, what an interesting evening listening to Talk Sport that was !!! :D

Tha Magic of the Cup is still there... :o

Well done Forest, Peterborough, Barrow, Southend, Bristol City & Hartlepool..

Unlucky Macc & Forest Green !!

Edit : Shouldn't forget, well done Torquay too..

Edited by MSingh

Well, what an interesting evening listening to Talk Sport that was !!! :o

Many English males here in Pattaya were walking round like lost schoolkids looking for the football tonight what happened with Espn and Supersports .... they all had it advertised???

Managed to get a link on Justintv for the last 30mins.

Well, what an interesting evening listening to Talk Sport that was !!! :D

Tha Magic of the Cup is still there... :D

Well done Forest, Peterborough, Barrow, Southend, Bristol City & Hartlepool..

Unlucky Macc & Forest Green !!

Edit : Shouldn't forget, well done Torquay too..

Thanks mate, happy with that result and hoping that we get a good draw in the next round. Only problem is, that getting out of the Blue Square is the priority. Hopefully Man Utd will do the biz tomorrow (not that you'll be happy). :o

Well, what an interesting evening listening to Talk Sport that was !!! :o

Many English males here in Pattaya were walking round like lost schoolkids looking for the football tonight what happened with Espn and Supersports .... they all had it advertised???

Managed to get a link on Justintv for the last 30mins.

<deleted> worrying that really, no UBC, no Thai at all, not even the Liverpool Game which is on late that i thought they'd nick...

Had to make do with Celtic V Dundee United & Talk Sport..