F.a Cup 3rd Round.

PST

Was out with a few mates last night. Scousmouse being one. Soi 8 wasn't showing any games. So the boys headed off somewhere else to try and see the Liverpool game.Not sure if they got to see it. I had to stay at Soi 8 as i had other friends there.

Tawan Daeng tonight for hair of the dog......I think mr bojangles will know the place.

Is that the one with the big stage and live music?

Yep,thats the place and theres also the appropriately named Mongs Party House about 30 yards up the road as you head towards Tesco Lotus.

Incidentally,anyone who stays in Chaiyaphum,I can recommend the Siam River Resort.Newish hotel with a nice pool,decent restaurant and massage/karaoke.Set well back off the road so very quiet....rooms from 890 baht.

But back to more important matters.....Macclesfield 0 Everton 1.....a valiant effort from the Silkmen.Nat Brown should have scored with the close range header and Howard made a good save from Yeo near the end but Everton,admittedly,dominated for long periods.

Excellent results for Torquay and Nottingham Forest....well done ! Mark Hughes must be feeling the heat a bit now !

A travesty FA matches are this season in Thailand. I'm not actually there but when I'm back it'll be worrying. I'd try to get access to the Malaysia channels somehow if I'm back. Blame the FA. Time to start writing angry letters to the FA department in charge of the broadcast rights along with finding contact info for this mysterious M-League company (previous research suggest it's not a Thai company but Malaysian) and doing the same. Anyone?

Was out with a few mates last night. Scousmouse being one. Soi 8 wasn't showing any games. So the boys headed off somewhere else to try and see the Liverpool game.Not sure if they got to see it. I had to stay at Soi 8 as i had other friends there.

i ended up heading home and watching the liverpool match on tvuplayer, fox soccer channel had it on. no joy on any of the true channels, ubc, espn or anything. pretty surprising to be honest.

It seems to me to be only a matter of time before UBC start to restrict Premier League matches to their Pay TV channels. Perhaps by making the less attractive matches free, but charging for the bigger ones.

I heard that the biggest problem UBC have with Pay TV, is getting subscription fees paid, sometimes at short notice. In most western countries payment is by credit card, either through the Internet, by phone, or even through the TV system. At the moment this is not so practical in Thailand. Once they get that sorted I think it will be introduced.

For most UBC subscribers I know, the biggest reason they subscribe is for the Premier League. If they are made to pay extra, then some will do so, but some will cancel their subscription altogether, probably leaving UBC worse off overall.

Edited by delboy

It seems to me to be only a matter of time before UBC start to restrict Premier League matches to their Pay TV channels. Perhaps by making the less attractive matches free, but charging for the bigger ones.

I heard that the biggest problem UBC have with Pay TV, is getting subscription fees paid, sometimes at short notice. In most western countries payment is by credit card, either through the Internet, by phone, or even through the TV system. At the moment this is not so practical in Thailand. Once they get that sorted I think it will be introduced.

For most UBC subscribers I know, the biggest reason they subscribe is for the Premier League. If they are made to pay extra, then some will do so, but some will cancel their subscription altogether, probably leaving UBC worse off overall.

It's the sole reason i have UBC Platinum Package..

Apparently Tropical Murphy's on Samui had Hull V Newcastle on Star Sports, must have been the Malaysian or Singapore feed...

Looking forward to the draw tonight, it's about 22:50 Thai Time & i'll post the draw immediately.. :o

Tilac bar in soi cowboy had a feed for star sports but i was to distracted to watch.

The Penalty Spot on Sukhumvit between 27 and 29 has Astro Malaysia.

Both Sunday games will be shown.

Do they still pad bills and give crap service?

If TrueBC start charging for the footy, I'll be 1600B a month better off because that is the ONLY reqason I have it at all and won't be held to ransom by the theiving c**ts.

10.59 and I'm just gonna channel hop in the vain hope of finding ManU Saints

I very much doubt if it's on Mate but let me know if you find it..

Real Madrid V Villlareal has juts started & will be a good one.. :o

• 1 year later...

Early this morning I searched through the Truevisions channels to see if any of last nights FA Cup matches were being shown. The online schedules didn't list any matches, but TIT and I never rely on schedules.

There were no FA Cup matches on the Truesport channels, but the Bristol City v Cardiff match was shown on ESPN. The ESPN schedule did not show this for Thailand (illustrates my point). and the ESPN trailer earlier in the week carried the "Not in Thailand" message.

Was this just a mistake by ESPN or are they now broadcasting FA Cup matches here?

The Liverpool match is scheduled for Truesports 1 at 2.45am Thursday morning.

Early this morning I searched through the Truevisions channels to see if any of last nights FA Cup matches were being shown. The online schedules didn't list any matches, but TIT and I never rely on schedules.

There were no FA Cup matches on the Truesport channels, but the Bristol City v Cardiff match was shown on ESPN. The ESPN schedule did not show this for Thailand (illustrates my point). and the ESPN trailer earlier in the week carried the "Not in Thailand" message.

Was this just a mistake by ESPN or are they now broadcasting FA Cup matches here?

The Liverpool match is scheduled for Truesports 1 at 2.45am Thursday morning.

Pretty sure it is on Trues Sports (those involving big teams anyway). I watched us lose to Leeds on TSP 1 or 3 :)

True Visions usually show the FA Cup matches that the UK TV channels show live.

For the 4th round weekend, ITV are showing the following matches live (Thai times)

Sat 19.15 Preston v Chelsea

Sun 00.15 Spurs v Leeds

Sun 20.30 Stoke v Arsenal

Sun 23.00 Scunthorpe v Man City