Thai Visas A Joke

visas for thailand are a joke ,the non im b if I understand it is for one year but you have to leave the country every 3 months ,so really its a 3 month visa that can be renewed.what a pain in the hole !!!!

my thai wife lives with me in Sydney and glad she doesnt have to get out every 3 months .one day I would like to go and take our kids to live in Thai for a year or so ,to go to school ,learn to read and write Thai,the wife and kids have Thai and Oz passports ,but me 'dad' has to Pee off every 3 months .

and if I understand correctly ,a Thai bloke can bring his farang missus in no probs .

Lets just hope they change this stupid law for all the hubbys out there,but I wont hold my breath.

thanks ,angry aussie :o

visas for thailand are a joke ,the non im b if I understand it is for one year but you have to leave the country every 3 months ,so really its a 3 month visa that can be renewed.what a pain in the hole !!!!

my thai wife lives with me in Sydney and glad she doesnt have to get out every 3 months .one day I would like to go and take our kids to live in Thai for a year or so ,to go to school ,learn to read and write Thai,the wife and kids have Thai and Oz passports ,but me 'dad' has to Pee off every 3 months .

and if I understand correctly ,a Thai bloke can bring his farang missus in no probs .

Lets just hope they change this stupid law for all the hubbys out there,but I wont hold my breath.

When you are ready and want to live here you can stay for as long as you want just get a one year extension based upon marriage to a Thai.

See 2.18 of this police order: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/post-a70477-New-Immigration-Rules-November-2008.html

You don't mention why your father is using a B visa. If he is working or has a business that meets the requirements he could get a one year extension.

I don't know how old your dad is but he could get a retirement extension if he is over 50 see 2.22.

thanks Joe ,sorry I wrote that post badly ,the dad is me ,I have a Thai wife and kids and I am only 38 ,so retire visa is out .will check your link .

I thought non im b was the only option for hubbys .

thanks again mate.

Following recent changes you can get a one year extension when you are under 50 (or over, before was only over 50) on the basis of Bt400,000 in an account for 3 months prior to application. You do not have to be married to get this.

You could also apply on the basis of a verifiable income of the equivalent of Bt40,000 a month. I understand that this income does not have to come to Thailand or be taxed in Thailand, only that you must be able to prove to the authorities, usually by means of a letter from your embassy, that you have this income. This is for married people only.

thanks Joe ,sorry I wrote that post badly ,the dad is me ,I have a Thai wife and kids and I am only 38 ,so retire visa is out .will check your link .

I thought non im b was the only option for hubbys .

thanks again mate.

Extend a Non Imm O every year if you have 40,000 Baht monthly income OR 400,000 Baht in a Thai Bank.

No need to leave the country every 3 months. Report your address to Immigration every 90 days.

Why, you think, is Thailand called the country of smiles?

They just have one on you!

Following recent changes you can get a one year extension when you are under 50 (or over, before was only over 50) on the basis of Bt400,000 in an account for 3 months prior to application. You do not have to be married to get this.

You could also apply on the basis of a verifiable income of the equivalent of Bt40,000 a month. I understand that this income does not have to come to Thailand or be taxed in Thailand, only that you must be able to prove to the authorities, usually by means of a letter from your embassy, that you have this income. This is for married people only.

Are you sure you can do this if not married? If so I will get down to immigration on Monday (I am 36).

My understanding is under 50 and married then do as above, over 50 have 800k/ 65k per month. Under 50 and not married then no extension - can anyone else verify please.

Are you sure you can do this if not married? If so I will get down to immigration on Monday (I am 36).

My understanding is under 50 and married then do as above, over 50 have 800k/ 65k per month. Under 50 and not married then no extension - can anyone else verify please.

This is the rule for 12 month extension based on having a Thai Child. You can be any age. 2.18(5)

This is the rule for 12 month extension based on having a Thai Child. You can be any age. 2.18(5)

Aahhh ok - no kids either, I guess I will have to stick with my 15 monthly trip to the UK for a non-o and endure the 90 day border runs. I will get married eventually but refuse to do it for convenience.

Aahhh ok - no kids either, I guess I will have to stick with my 15 monthly trip to the UK for a non-o and endure the 90 day border runs. I will get married eventually but refuse to do it for convenience.
Go to school and learn Thai by attending class 4 hours a week and get an ED visa/extension.

See this webpage on the Sydney consulates website for info on an O visa for you.

http://www.thaiconsulatesydney.org/Consula...isa/Spouse.html

thanks again Joe ,sounds like these are recent changes ,next time im in ubon i will buy you a beer .

cheers mate and all you other posters

No rule changes it's more a lack of information or wrong information.

I will take the beer though. PM me.

Glad to help

Joe

you don't.

REALLY! ....fair enough.

I know where Boo is coming from. I have seen and replied to posts where a farang wife was was given the run around by an embassy/immigration.

you don't.

REALLY! ....fair enough.

I know where Boo is coming from. I have seen and replied to posts where a farang wife was was given the run around by an embassy/immigration.

to be fair though, it is a tad easier for the thai husband to maintain the foreign wifes visa (esp in BKK).....just extended my wifes a couple of days ago with minimal fuss, and we were done and dusted faster than those in line in front of us...

visas for thailand are a joke ,the non im b if I understand it is for one year but you have to leave the country every 3 months ,so really its a 3 month visa that can be renewed.what a pain in the hole !!!!my thai wife lives with me in Sydney and glad she doesnt have to get out every 3 months .one day I would like to go and take our kids to live in Thai for a year or so ,to go to school ,learn to read and write Thai,the wife and kids have Thai and Oz passports ,but me 'dad' has to Pee off every 3 months .

For me it would be the same in Oz, one year tourist visa, but i can stay just 90 days, and i cant just do a border run. I have to fly.

angry Swiss, annoyed.........

A joke you say,how about the joke trying to get a visa from other countries.Thai is a piece of cake.How about a Thai trying to get one for your(all readers) country.Look how the U.S. :D:D:D treats visa seekers,that is a horror story.

to be fair though, it is a tad easier for the thai husband to maintain the foreign wifes visa (esp in BKK).....just extended my wifes a couple of days ago with minimal fuss, and we were done and dusted faster than those in line in front of us...

Yes, but in general, the guy was complaining and didn't know what he was talking about. I don't know if people can't find the information or just don't understand it when they do.