Fire Safety At Dj Station Bangkok?

BarryM

I've stopped going to DJ Station in Soi 2 silom as it freaked me out with so many people crammed in shoulder to shoulder and apparently one one exit into a narrow, crowded soi. Not to mention the very random looking exposed electrical cables around the bar. Does anyone inspect these places?

I basically quite going there as well. I used to go all the time, but was nervous about safety, considering that I liked the 3rd floor and lots of people smoking at that time. When it was crowded, I just wouldn't go. If it was an off-night and you could move, I felt safer.

I often wondered if anything happened, not only how everyone would get out, but where would they go. One way narrow soi and everyone would have to move quickly and orderly out.

Loved the place, but just made me too nervous being in there.

In light of yesterday's tragedy, you may have just saved someone's life. Who knows. I wish the club listings had a little section for life safety.

I'm supposed to go to Galaxy tonight with my friends. All I can think of is the one front exit. The lighting is poor, no safety per se. Patong's beautiful people will forgo me tonight. Not being a coward, just that your post has made me think. Thanks.

I think the safety aspects of these places are complicated by the lack of licensing. I had a Thai friend who ran a bar near DJ Station. He told me on more than one occasion that they had been rejected for a license, which was common practice among the officials. If they don't have a license, then the officials can collect 'tea money.' If they actually granted them a license, then they would need to enforce all the laws on the books about safety and other standards.

Just like Santika, I very much doubt that the police who wouldn't allow it to be licensed as an entertainment venue really thought it was a very big 'food shop.'

Then think about a rescue vehicle or fire vehicle trying to actually get to the fire.

It wouldn't even take a fire, most anything that happens in there would be hard to deal with.

And then all those queens in heels trying to escape--well.....

I've stopped going to DJ Station in Soi 2 silom as it freaked me out with so many people crammed in shoulder to shoulder and apparently one one exit into a narrow, crowded soi. Not to mention the very random looking exposed electrical cables around the bar. Does anyone inspect these places?

Gay Boy Thailand has just inspected the place ... frightening ...

Gay Boy Thailand visit to DJ Station

Then think about a rescue vehicle or fire vehicle trying to actually get to the fire.

It wouldn't even take a fire, most anything that happens in there would be hard to deal with.

And then all those queens in heels trying to escape--well.....

and all the hair spray and chemicals in the hair of all the boys would be highly flammable

On my first trip to DJ Station I took one look around and decided that it was a fire trap and have not entered the place in years. The management is only interested in baht and the patrons are only interested is being seen and exercising their cocks. The place is a disaster waiting to happen. Now, if anyone on this forum can figure out a way to keep the queens and horny old men from going there, a Nobel might be in your future. But until then, the patrons will flock to the place and then blame everyone else when they get consumed by fire.

I think a big problem for a lot of people is that when we go to places like DJ or Santika or anywhere, we assume there is some sort of safety standard in place. Because we don't see it, doesn't mean someone hasn't thought about it. After a while in Thailand, you start to realize that someone may have thought about it decided it cost too much, so they didn't do it. The police and other officials also decide they can do better things with the money themselves than demand some form of safety.

I remember when the police had no trouble giving drug tests, but still paid no attention to safety.

Hi.

Although i have not been to DJ for almost three months now, it is one of few places i actually feel safe - first of all, apart from the stage (wood!) and it's curtain, what would be there to burn?? That place has next to zero decorations, it's plain, black painted concrete everywhere. Of course, the place itself being rather small and jam-packed with people, that stage alone going up in flames would be catastrophic enough.

There are not one but TWO exit/entry doors at the front, although during the normal "entry period" the second door is closed. it is opened, i believe, after the show so they use that one as an exit and the first one as an entry, however after closing time both doors are exits and it is easy enough to leave the ground floor. Additionally, there is a fire exit (which has a lit sign clearly stating "FIRE EXIT") beside the stage and on the bottom of the stairs leading to the 2nd floor. This exit is usually locked but EVERYTIME since it has been implemented there was a guard standing by (usually sitting at the entry to the stage right beside that exit) doing nothing but watching the entry to the stage (to prevent patrons from entering the area behind the stage) and holding on to the key for that fire exit. I guess if a fire were to start that door would be open in 5 seconds, that guard is always (!) drinking plain water and is never drunk.

The 2nd floor has it's own exit beside the bar (which is largely made of glass, the bar that is, and doesn't look very combustible) which leads into a building on the opposite side of the soi (where the toilets are located) as well as a stair down and out into the soi. While narrow it is still possible to get out there rather quickly.

I rarely spend time on the 3rd floor so can't speak for it, but the toilets there appear to be a rather safe place, too, as long as the windows stay shut! If they are opened, a chimney-effect could occur. Again,very few combustible items on that floor (i believe there are some couches on the other side, i have seen people sitting there but i have never been there myself). Usually, there are not too many people on 3rd floor because the floor space is very small.

I am looking forward to my next visit to DJ Station, it has always been my favourite place in all of Bangkok and will probably remain so.

Best regards.....

Thanh

wow. Despite some really explicit photos and several statements as to difficulty of egress, there is a brave soul that has confidence because there is;

1. A locked exit, but it is supervised by a guard with the key drinking nam.

2. There is nothing considered flammable.

Sorry, but I disagree veheemently. A fire exit is not supposed to be locked.That guard could get distracted, he could go to pee, he could be attending to a client etc. What if he drops the key?

Look at the exit and ladder pic. Imagine dozens of people pushing to get out and not knowing there is a ladder? You'd have dozens of broken limbs and concussions as people fell on top of each other.

2. As for the non flammables. Think again. Paint & plastic is flammable, electrical wires and conduits are flammable and give off heavy acrid fumes. Clothing is flammable. So is booze. It's not the flames that kill in a fire, it's the smoke. Your lungs are seared or coated with soot in minutes.

Anyway, up to you and I respect your personal choice. If you can live with the risk, then you may have a career waiting for you in real estate investment and petroleum futures as well :o

wow. Despite some really explicit photos

Look at the exit and ladder pic. Imagine dozens of people pushing to get out and not knowing there is a ladder? You'd have dozens of broken limbs and concussions as people fell on top of each other.

Hi :o

Err.... i fail to see any single one picture in this entire topic? either i'm blind or stupid or my computer refuses to show them, however it does show pictures in other threads (if there are any) just fine.

Then - the exit (at least that fire exit i was referring to) is on the ground floor - what would you need a ladder for?? Maybe we are talking about different buildings?

I agree that a fire exit is not supposed to be locked - however this is unfortunately common practise here, but at least a guard with a key is THERE unlike many other places which i saw with locked (and chained!) fire exits with nobody at all anywhere close that could have a key for that lock (the place that tops it was in Chiang Mai, one particular shopping center - Central Kad Sun Kaew, ALL fire exits locked, chained with multiple (!!) padlocks and doors that open inwards - you can't even kick them in in case of an emergency.

Regarding that guard at DJ, i been standing at that particular spot a number of times (not because of that exit but because that corner is least crowded and one can actually breathe there) and that guard has never moved away from that spot, he sits there untouched by anyone or anything just sipping his water and looking around. The only people he talks to seem to be the waiters.

As to "combustible materials", i know well that electric lines and conduits can burn - however in DJ all visible conduits are made from metal, even the aircon outlets are metal. I stand firm in my belief that the only thing that could possibly light up into a fire large enough NOT to be extinguished by a bottle of drinking water would be the stage respectively the curtain, for the latter it would have to happen prior to the show though because later the curtain is rolled up and the stage full of people.

The largest plastic items i have seen in DJ are the loudspeakers - hardly a fire source..... sure they can accelerate a fire but one has to be there first, a fire does not START in a loudspeaker and with only concrete and steel surrounding the speaker... Oops, one of my diplomas is in the electric field, i know about cable fires and how they are caused respectively how they can and do develop - long before a wire or it's insulation starts to burn the surrounding material will go up in flame, and if there is nothing... well..... as long as they have breakers in their systems it's unlikely to happen there.

Oh, the DJ booth/desks. Visibly from the the second floor are two large fire extinguishers there, as pretty much all electrical equipment and panels are located there.

Again, i do NOT believe in DJ being a firetrap.

Oh, and i wouldn't invest in real estate unless it's in Chiang Mai (and out of the city, too!) and certainly not in petroleum futures - for petroleum has no future :D

Best regards.....

Thanh

PS are you guys also going for leisurely strolls in those clothes-stall-areas of department stores? Like the ground floor of MBK or Chatuchak market (worst!) or similar places? You will not find me THERE - because THERE you got it all: Plenty of combustibles, usually crowded, no fire extinguishing equipment whatsoever and shoddy electrical installations everywhere with sparks visibly flying. Ticking time bombs, such areas.

Thanks for the pics and the discssion. I actually feel a lot better. I haven't been there for a very, very long time and when I was I didn't remember ever seeing any fire exits or anyway out. The fact that they are there, even if it's not the best makes me feel a little safer. I actually may go back and see if I can find them.

I try not to go when it's really, really busy--it's just too crowded for me.

you must have missed the link in the thread to the page with photos:

here it is again for u gay boy thailand dj station investigation

Eagerly awaiting your reply after reading this!

This escaped me indeed, thank you very much for re-posting it, i appreciate it.

One serious bit of advice to the owner of DJ Station, after seeing those photos: Remove that stupid ladder and build a proper platform with a proper stair leading down. This ladder will go unnoticed by people using that exit in an emergency, and they will fall down. Plus, a ladder is a VERY slow way to evacuate people! Specially a non-angeled one bolted onto the wall, this is utter nonsense.

But then - i wasn't even aware of the existence of this exit! It is not the one i kept referring to - the one on the ground floor (with the key-holding guard).

Next, clear the fences in that soi. if it is used as an emergency escape route for ANYthing, it has to be free of any obstacles, especially such of non-movable kind. Sure, these fences won't stop a crowd, but they are unnecessary hurdles nevertheless. This may not be up to the owner of DJ but of the neighbouring houses/land pieces.

On the other hand i am glad to see that these exits are of the type that opens outward - so even the guy with the key is not present because he had to pee or dropped his key, one decent kick and that door is open. There are not only "queens in heels" in DJ, in fact those are a very small minority - and a guy can open this door, i can for sure (and i'm a queen, if someone finds me heels in 11 1/2 i'll wear them).

Now i am looking forward to my next Saturday night spent in DJ with the knowledge that, if i happen to be on the ground floor when fire breaks out, i'll have to jump some fences on the way out, otherwise cope with a stupid ladder (or rather jump).

Best regards.....

Thanh

Just because you have not seen that guard away from his post doesn't mean he isn't ocassionally. You can't be there ALL the time... or can you??

And in a mad rush, getting out even 2 or 3 exits from DJ Station with the place on fire will result in dozens of deaths IMO. They simply let too many people In. How can you even enjoy being there when you can't MOVE or BREATH on a Saturday night. I really enjoy going there on say a Wednesday night, but other than that I avoid it. Well, the boyfriend makes me avoid it anyways. In fact I am told to steer well clear of SILOM altogether lol

It's off-topic but thank you :D Yes, i have kicked in doors before, not because i'm a burglar but because my *very intelligent* boss at the time managed to lock himself out of his house AND THE OFFICE at the same time, so i actually "opened" two doors in one day - one kick each, at the office the door stood firm but the frame gave way and at his place, the door itself flew open while it's look stayed with the frame. And that was a "metal plated" door just like the one at DJ.

My boyfriend managed to accidentally lock the bathroom door at our place, it can be opened with a key from the room side but we don't have that key and ringing the land lady out of bed at 2 AM is not advisable - that door actually required only a hit with the hand and it flew open, without damage to either door OR lock, here too the frame gave way temporarily (plastic!) :D

I may suck at Kung <deleted> (been a VERY long time) but to open locked doors that open outwards it's still enough - 90 Kilos and big feet (11 1/2) are sufficient :D And i'm not the only farang at DJ.....

Yeah my name was given to me by my indeed Vietnamese foster parents, and i carry it with pride - it makes me that little bit "Asian".... while i'm not a transsexual, i am certainly a "transracial" if such exists - an Asian trapped inside a western body.

By the way my Nolan is great at higher speeds than my Wave in Chiang Mai could ever dream of - yesterday i tested it out on the Ekkamai-Ram Inthra road, at 160 km/h i hardly get wind noise - it's truly a good helmet despite being so old and with questionable interior, thank you once again for helping me find it, i highly appreciate that!

With kind regards.....

your Thanh

There was another fire Sunday night 8.30 in Charoen krung. Top floors were the gay sauna GSM, one person died, see also topic in General topics, with pictures of patrons in towels being rescued by fire men's ladders, probably also no emergency exits.

5 January

Fire rages at Bangkok mall; 1 dead, 40 injured

BANGKOK, Jan 5 (TNA) - Injured patrons of a burning Bangkok sauna rooftop were rescued by helicopter as a fire raged through a landmark commercial and residential building in the Chinatown business district Sunday night, leaving at least one man dead and injuring 47 others, including guest house residents and spa customers.

Fire raged through Suapa Plaza in Pomprab district, with a well-known sauna and spa as well as a guest house, popular for travellers on its upper floors. Most of those who were evacuated suffered only minor injuries and returned home, but it it unknown holw many were trapped inside the building.

Fire-panicked residents and spa customers rushed to the roof waving white towels calling for help.

Fire and rescue vehicles from around the city converged in the narrow streets, causing huge traffic congestion.

Police and other rescue workers were making their way through the gutted building Monday morning.

The authorities said the fire broke out at the Sua Pa Plaza building around 8pm, when witnesses saw smoke coming from a mobile telephone accessories shop which spread to other floors.

The first three floors of the nine-stories building were shopping areas mainly selling mobile phone accessories. The 5th and 6th floors were residential area, with spa, sauna and traditional massage services.

The dead man was identified as Sanguan Sankaew, 45, believed to be a customer of the 7th floor spa and sauna service.

Because of the narrow road and the number of fire engines sent to fight the fire, traffic on Suapa Road was heavily congested, even in the morning as police were forced to close some lanes due to falling debris from the burning building.

Firefighters and police rescued many persons unable to exit the building, while helicopters were used to rescue fire victims who fled to the building's rooftop.

The rescue workers temporarily halted rescue operations due to high heat inside the building. The residential area on the 5th and 6th floors could not be accessed, police said, but search and rescue operations were resumed Monday morning. Forensic experts would be called on to find the cause of the fire.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Pol. Lt-Gen. Suchart Muenkaew said until now the police could not specify how many people died from the fire as the search was incomplete, particularly the 5th floor. Cracks found at the building caused fear that the building would collapse.

About 100 people live inside the building and some 40 were rescued and rushed to the hospitals nearby including the Central Hospital and Hua Chew Hospital. Most of them suffered from the smoke inhalation. (TNA)

Edited by orchis

This exit is usually locked but EVERYTIME since it has been implemented there was a guard standing by (usually sitting at the entry to the stage right beside that exit) doing nothing but watching the entry to the stage (to prevent patrons from entering the area behind the stage) and holding on to the key for that fire exit. I guess if a fire were to start that door would be open in 5 seconds, that guard is always (!) drinking plain water and is never drunk.

5 seconds can easily make the difference between life and death. If there's a guard beside the door at all times... then why even lock the door? The guard can just turn-away anybody trying to find a back way into the club. If that's unacceptable why not install a true emergency door (or replace the existing hardware) so that it opens from the inside but does not allow entry from the outside (without a key)... or at least replace the existing lock with a dead-bolt that anyone can easily open!

Does anyone know the emergency exit situation at G.O.D.?

Anyone been to 'Warmup' dance club in CM on a Friday or Saturday night? Scary or what? Never mind about a fire starting - trying to get out from the dance floor area to simply have a pee or leave the place is a nightmare. There is one narrow entrance/exit point with everyone pushing and shoving to get in or out and after about 10pm it is absolutely frightening. You feel completely crushed to death and the breath squeezed out of you as you try and push or are pushed in either direction. God knows what would happen in an emergency: absolutely no chance of survival. There is no one controlling the entrance or exit to this area so it is everyman/woman for themselves.

I was really frightened when I tried to simply exit for a pee, having entered before 10pm, when it was relatively easy to get in or out.

wow. Despite some really explicit photos

Err.... i fail to see any single one picture in this entire topic? either i'm blind or stupid or my computer refuses to show them, however it does show pictures in other threads (if there are any) just fine.

Then - the exit (at least that fire exit i was referring to) is on the ground floor - what would you need a ladder for?? Maybe we are talking about different buildings?

I agree that a fire exit is not supposed to be locked - however this is unfortunately common practise here, but at least a guard with a key is THERE unlike many other places which i saw with locked (and chained!) fire exits with nobody at all anywhere close that could have a key for that lock (the place that tops it was in Chiang Mai, one particular shopping center - Central Kad Sun Kaew, ALL fire exits locked, chained with multiple (!!) padlocks and doors that open inwards - you can't even kick them in in case of an emergency.

Regarding that guard at DJ, i been standing at that particular spot a number of times (not because of that exit but because that corner is least crowded and one can actually breathe there) and that guard has never moved away from that spot, he sits there untouched by anyone or anything just sipping his water and looking around. The only people he talks to seem to be the waiters.

As to "combustible materials", i know well that electric lines and conduits can burn - however in DJ all visible conduits are made from metal, even the aircon outlets are metal. I stand firm in my belief that the only thing that could possibly light up into a fire large enough NOT to be extinguished by a bottle of drinking water would be the stage respectively the curtain, for the latter it would have to happen prior to the show though because later the curtain is rolled up and the stage full of people.

The largest plastic items i have seen in DJ are the loudspeakers - hardly a fire source..... sure they can accelerate a fire but one has to be there first, a fire does not START in a loudspeaker and with only concrete and steel surrounding the speaker... Oops, one of my diplomas is in the electric field, i know about cable fires and how they are caused respectively how they can and do develop - long before a wire or it's insulation starts to burn the surrounding material will go up in flame, and if there is nothing... well..... as long as they have breakers in their systems it's unlikely to happen there.

Oh, the DJ booth/desks. Visibly from the the second floor are two large fire extinguishers there, as pretty much all electrical equipment and panels are located there.

Again, i do NOT believe in DJ being a firetrap.

Oh, and i wouldn't invest in real estate unless it's in Chiang Mai (and out of the city, too!) and certainly not in petroleum futures - for petroleum has no future :D

Best regards.....

Thanh

PS are you guys also going for leisurely strolls in those clothes-stall-areas of department stores? Like the ground floor of MBK or Chatuchak market (worst!) or similar places? You will not find me THERE - because THERE you got it all: Plenty of combustibles, usually crowded, no fire extinguishing equipment whatsoever and shoddy electrical installations everywhere with sparks visibly flying. Ticking time bombs, such areas.

DJ station is a NO go! I have an Executive Level Health and Safety certification and that place is one of the worst here in Bangkok !! Went once some 10 or so years ago !! Miss out please !!

There was another fire Sunday night 8.30 in Charoen krung. Top floors were the gay sauna GSM, one person died, see also topic in General topics, with pictures of patrons in towels being rescued by fire men's ladders, probably also no emergency exits.

Near naked men being rescued by macho Thai fireman :o sounds like a homoerotic plot for a porn movie.......or maybe it was arson: some gay queen seeking attention from the fire service :D

So back on topic: I suggest Thanh takes off the rose tinted glasses and stops bragging about his superman abilities. Very macho to make all these claims about how you could escape from this, kick down doors, blah, blah, blah.

The reality: just suppose the wooden stage and curtain in DJ did catch fire, in seconds the place would be filled with smoke and the heat and flames would rise rapidly. The stampede of people off the stage would completely swamp the groundfloor area, and the stampede down the stairs (which are dangerous at the best of time when the place is packed) would kill many tens of people before they even though about finding a fire exit. There is NO WAY DJ would pass any western fire codes and you are really naieve if you somehow think this place is safe.

That said, I wouldn't not go to DJ because of this danger. One has to be realistic about life and you are still more likely to die crossing Silom Road to get there, than in the club! The main reason to not go to Silom is too many Farangs! Sake, Radchada Soi 8 and Saphan Kwai are all better places to go when in BKK.

If you really want a death trap, think of the old Adams Apple in Chiang Mai with the wax candles or fire eating shows....... Two floors up and only a rickety metal spiral staircase to get out!

Don't bother to make any discussion with mr. Thanh, he clearly doesn't like anything associated with Thailand to be criticized.

His continued posts all lack logic. e.g. ...the curtain, after the show, would not be a fire hazard BECAUSE IT IS ROLLED UP! The electrical wiring is not a hazard because it's in metal conduit.

He clearly isn't thinking further than seeing the security guard as a dispensable robot. Other very logical and relevant posts in regard to the guard are clearly ignored by Mr. Thanh:

- The guard might have gone for a pee,

- Might be attending to another task assigned just before the fire,

- Might be absent and another person is assigned but is unfamiliar with the location / the role,

- The guard might drop the key in the confusion and it's possible the place could now be in darkness.

- AND, IF THERE IS A FIRE, JUST MAYBE THE GUARD MIGHT FLEE (WHICH IS HIS ABSOLUTE RIGHT) TO WHERE HE THINGS HE PERSONALLY HAS A BETTER CHANCE OF ESCAPE!!!

@Scorecard

Just stay out of the place if you don't like it or think it's a fire trap, but don't try to start a nonsense discussion with me or about me.

1) If the guard is not there for whatever reason (and i've written that previously, if you read before commenting you would see it) that particular exit door is open with one single kick which would not require a gorilla of some sort - it's an outward opening door after all, with a single lock like a regular door (no steel bars/chains/padlocks etc).

2) The curtain is rolled up in some 3-4 meters height. A fire on the stage must be pretty large to reach it - and such a fire (3-4 meters flames) on solid wood doesn't occur within a nanosecond, by the time any on-stage fire would reach that size the place is hopefully empty and the fire department on it's way. Good thing is that DJ doesn't use candles or other fire-generating things during their shows, they don't even allow smoking anymore.

3) Electric wire insulation material requires quite some temperature to burst into flames. Again i have already written that IF THERE ARE ANY BREAKERS IN THEIR SYSTEM it won't happen. Also usually in electric fires it's the surrounding material (wood, whatever) that burns before the wire. If there's metal (as in metal conduits) again it won't happen because that doesn't burn too well (and LONG before there's flame, there'll be smoke and that typical "electric burn" smell - people WILL notice as from the second floor you clearly see those conduits).

Best regards....

Thanh

@Scorecard

Just stay out of the place if you don't like it or think it's a fire trap, but don't try to start a nonsense discussion with me or about me.

1) If the guard is not there for whatever reason (and i've written that previously, if you read before commenting you would see it) that particular exit door is open with one single kick which would not require a gorilla of some sort - it's an outward opening door after all, with a single lock like a regular door (no steel bars/chains/padlocks etc).

2) The curtain is rolled up in some 3-4 meters height. A fire on the stage must be pretty large to reach it - and such a fire (3-4 meters flames) on solid wood doesn't occur within a nanosecond, by the time any on-stage fire would reach that size the place is hopefully empty and the fire department on it's way. Good thing is that DJ doesn't use candles or other fire-generating things during their shows, they don't even allow smoking anymore.

3) Electric wire insulation material requires quite some temperature to burst into flames. Again i have already written that IF THERE ARE ANY BREAKERS IN THEIR SYSTEM it won't happen. Also usually in electric fires it's the surrounding material (wood, whatever) that burns before the wire. If there's metal (as in metal conduits) again it won't happen because that doesn't burn too well (and LONG before there's flame, there'll be smoke and that typical "electric burn" smell - people WILL notice as from the second floor you clearly see those conduits).

Best regards....

Thanh

This is an open forum, if you can't stand comments on your post then that's your problem Mr. Thanh. I have every right to comment and I will comment. Don't forget that freedom of speech is a part of the Thai constitution.

I suggest your still missing the point, the place is a fire trap and the points about rolled up curtains etc., are in fact only a part of the overall situation. You say that it would take a long time for a fire to reach 3 to 4 metres, well I suggest you rethink about that one, because that's simply not correct.

You suggest that the place would be evacuated before the fire was large, this is also not realistic, the fire exits are very limited and small, and it would take quite a while for the big crowd to get out, not helped by panic and chaos, and not helped by many people being seriously, perhaps terminally effected by smoke inhalation. Serious effects of smoke inhalation, including blackout and death happen very quickly.

You also seem to suggest that the fire police would be there and have the situation under control before a fire reached 3 to 4 metres. So how are the fire police and their equipment going to get quickly down that very narrow and congested Soi, with hundreds of people (perhaps even 2 thousand people) in chaos from the other venues? Human being are curious, it's reality that many of them will hang around rying to see what's going on rather than quickly getting to Silom.

You said "...IF THERE ARE ANY BREAKERS IN THEIR SYSTEM it won't happen..." "IF". Do you seriously have confidence that the whole place is wired to national / international standards and there are breakers designed and fitted correctly? I make no further comment on this point except to laugh.

It's also a fact of life that the fire police don't exactly respond all that quickly. There was a case a couple of years back where a member of the family of a fire policeman parked the family car across the front of the fire trucks, the family car was locked, and the person with the keys went elsewhere and could not be contacted. There was a fire, I won't bore you with the rest of the story.

You seem to be suggesting that someone could eventually break open the locked door, if necessary. Well the ultimate point is that it shouldn't be necessary for people to have to break open the door. And further, as you can see from the link and pictures supplied by another poster, the door leads to a ridiculous and dangerous situation which could lead to many people hesitating at the door , falling and/or being pushed out, and injuring themselves and other people in latge numbers falling on top of them. Additionally, there is nowhere to go, walls everywhere etc.

Is this properly and sincerely planned fire exit plan for quick and safe evacuation? NO!

I will take up your kind offer of personally not attending the venue, but i'll still comment.

Bye.