Panwa Area

ifreeman

First, best wishes to all of you for this new year ...

I would like to know anyone's feedback on the area of Panwa. I have seen some nices houses there and the area is very pleasant, but it seems quite far from other parts of the island (mainly from Kata/Karon).

Would you have more comments on this part of the island?

Thanks

It's definitely far. I would think the thought of driving 30 minutes plus to get to anywhere except phuket town would put most people that were thinking about living there off. It's just too far, unless you like the aquarium, ao yon, and the naval base.

Edited by steelepulse

I would say it simply comes down to how you live your life. How many days/nights will you be relaxing at home, and how many days will you want to go out shopping, drinking and eating. If you will be going out more than staying in, then I would say it's too far away. Having said that, If you are a man of leisure and don't have to worry about getting to work every day, then a 30 minute drive to get somewhere isn't the end of the world. Whenever I have stayed that far away from everything, I used the drives to catch up on some music listening and would try to stick to the scenic routes so the drives were quite enjoyable. The best bet is to stay in one of the hotels down there for at least a week to get a feel for what it would be like to live there, before you made any decisions.

It's nice and quiet over there.

At least it used to be.

I had a friend i would visit, who lived there and he had a really nice place with a view of the sea and Rawai.

If that's what you are looking for (little to no nightlife, shopping, neighborly area, etc) then go for it.

I agree to rent first to make sure it's what you want.

I would live there although i don't think my wife would like it.

I would like to know anyone's feedback on the area of Panwa. I have seen some nices houses there and the area is very pleasant, but it seems quite far from other parts of the island (mainly from Kata/Karon).

Thanks

Beaches aren't so nice

Thanks

Beaches aren't so nice

Quiet, but getting to be not so quiet.I think you would have to be pretty much happy with your own company, in the confines of your own house. I doubt you would want to go to Kata/Karon that often because it would be enough of a trip to put you off most days. Phuket Town is more likely to be a regular port of call I would have thought. But if you have some nice neighbours to interact with as and when you want to do so and want a quiet life, why not?