View Talay, Bldg A Condo

Spaniel

I have 41 sqmt condo on the 14th floor of bldg A, Jomtien side that I'm thinking about selling. It's fully furnished and foreign registered. I'm trying to get a feel for what kind of price I could expect to get. Any info would be appreciated. I would do some checking myself in Pattaya I'm presently in the USA.

I have 41 sqmt condo on the 14th floor of bldg A, Jomtien side that I'm thinking about selling. It's fully furnished and foreign registered. I'm trying to get a feel for what kind of price I could expect to get. Any info would be appreciated. I would do some checking myself in Pattaya I'm presently in the USA.

1,2,3,5,6,7,or 8? :o

Sorry, it's building 2.

Sorry, it's building 2.

Best to "google", you will find many real estate agents listing property who could sell your property for you or just use the prices as a guide, you will notice that prices differ a lot, the high ones generally over priced and have to accept a lot lower price to sell, the rock bottom ones nearer the going price.

Also is the property in "foreign name"? this may make a big difference to the price.

BB

At the minute I'd say no more than a million unfortunately.There are loads for sale in the building and the prices are dropping quickly.I'd say hold on to it for another year or so,get a rental in.

I know of quite a few for sale where the owners right now would take just under a mill.

EPG.

At the minute I'd say no more than a million unfortunately.There are loads for sale in the building and the prices are dropping quickly.I'd say hold on to it for another year or so,get a rental in.

I know of quite a few for sale where the owners right now would take just under a mill.

EPG.

That is probably a pretty good estimate. I am in this business so I have to have a pretty good understanding of what a condo would sell for.

On the positive side your condo is 41 SM, so it is 9 SM larger than most of them. On the negative side it is in Building B and on the Jomtien side. If you have not been here for a while both of the Buildings in VT 1 have been renovated on the inside and look a lot better than before. They will be painting B next year on the outside.

If you want to sell it fast, I will buy it. You can PM me.

He is in building 2 - A, not in building 1 - B. I agree you should not sell now unless you have to. Your condo is worth more than 1 million but in the current global situation mostly only giveaways are selling, and 1 million is a giveaway for that unit. BTW, a typical asking now for a unit like that would be 1.5 to 1.7 m (high floor/foreign owned), the question is what people are actually PAYING.

Edited by Jingthing

I had a Condo in VT2A floor 12 over looking the JTM beach and sold it in 2004 for 1.2 Mil if the going rate today is about 1.5 to 1.7 Mil i think you would be a little hasty in selling for 1 Mil set your price between 1.3 amd 1.5 Mil

Just out of interest when did you buy it and for how much

Jingthing I kind of agree the unit is worth more.Not as high as 1.7 I'd say 1.3 - 1.5.Currently though the only way you'd sell and even thats only maybe sell is by asking a million.

Billaaa777 what post did you read to come up with 1A ?

EPG.

Sorry, I did not read that very well did I. See what beer does to you! He did say he was in building A and VT2. In VT2 the lowest asking price I have heard in there is 1.5. Depending on the quality of renovation and floor, of course is going to determine your actual sales price.

So, if they asking price is 1.5 then the selling price should be some where between 1.3 and 1.4 or so.

By the way, VT1 has a few 41 SM condos on each floor that are above the office and and the end of the buildings.

I had a Condo in VT2A floor 12 over looking the JTM beach and sold it in 2004 for 1.2 Mil if the going rate today is about 1.5 to 1.7 Mil i think you would be a little hasty in selling for 1 Mil set your price between 1.3 amd 1.5 Mil

Thanks for all the replies. I'm not in a "must sell" situation so I think I'll hold on to it for now and take another look at selling in a year or so. My wife & I live in Bangkok but we visit Pattaya a couple times a month so will get some use out of it.

tigerbalm: I'm the original owner and I bought it as a shell for I think around B 650,000. That would have been around 2003?

If I remember correctly a Shell new on the 14th floor was abt 750.I'd therefore expect the unit owes you abt 950k - 1 mil.

Hence a lot of people trying to get rid at that price to beak even,but having 4 or five years free accom out of it.

EPG.

Thanks for all the replies. I'm not in a "must sell" situation so I think I'll hold on to it for now and take another look at selling in a year or so. My wife & I live in Bangkok but we visit Pattaya a couple times a month so will get some use out of it.

tigerbalm: I'm the original owner and I bought it as a shell for I think around B 650,000. That would have been around 2003?

Yes that is what i paid for my shell as i seem to recall i think it was a little more than 650K but if my memory serves me well i think i got a discount on the original asking price for paying cash.

You in my opinion have made the right desision by holding on to it and using it when visiting Pattaya from BKK.

I had a Town house in pattaya and moved to Chiang mai it took a year to sell but it was very convenient for the 5 trips i made to pattaya to have some where to stay even thought about keeping it for a holiday home in Pattaya but got scared that there was to many places being built and thought may be it would take like for ever to sell.

Any way Good luck

Tigerbalm

If I remember correctly a Shell new on the 14th floor was abt 750.I'd therefore expect the unit owes you abt 950k - 1 mil.

Hence a lot of people trying to get rid at that price to beak even,but having 4 or five years free accom out of it.

EPG.

I'm in the USA now and don't have all the paperwork from the sale with me but the price was around 650000 maybe a bit higher. I paid in full rather then making monthly payments so I got a 20% discount.