Air Mail To Sydney 5 Days

spacebass

Just sent two dvds in a padded envelope as above from Ban Pae Post Office and it arrived in at most 5 days.

Have received a few ordinary air mail letters from UK all in very reasonable time.

I write this as I have read in the past of the necessity to send things EMS etc to get reasonable performance, something I have not found to be the case. :o

Edited by spacebass

I wanted to test the system out too, I sent two envelopes, both the same size, both to the same destination, only one of the was EMS.

They both arrived at the same time? Go figure. :D

Ohh that was from Laksi post office in Bkk & also to Sydney. It was also the third time I mailed the same thing, the first two lots never arrived & still havent. I have spoken to one of the Postal Supervisors there and he informed me that the People that work for Australia Post are NO GOOD..... :o what could i possible say to that :D

I wanted to test the system out too, I sent two envelopes, both the same size, both to the same destination, only one of the was EMS.

They both arrived at the same time? Go figure. :D

Ohh that was from Laksi post office in Bkk & also to Sydney. It was also the third time I mailed the same thing, the first two lots never arrived & still havent. I have spoken to one of the Postal Supervisors there and he informed me that the People that work for Australia Post are NO GOOD..... :o what could i possible say to that :D

Just one answer B shit

Just sent two dvds in a padded envelope as above from Ban Pae Post Office and it arrived in at most 5 days.

Have received a few ordinary air mail letters from UK all in very reasonable time.

I write this as I have read in the past of the necessity to send things EMS etc to get reasonable performance, something I have not found to be the case. :o

Not bad

BUT

my daughter in England was very apologetic as her Christmas present would arrive late:-

Sent on Dec. 23rd. (checked postmark)

and

Arrived on Boxing Day, Dec. 26th., at my home in Bangkok.

Christmas post gone mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For a long time I could post letters airmail chiang mai to brisbane, queensland and it would routinely take one week to arrive. the last two times (registered airmail) it took a week and a half and then two and a bit weeks. so 5 days is pretty darn good

:D:D Australia post is one of the best run organisations in the country. They are renowned for their proficiency.
What a load of cobblers!! in the larger city centres business mail is pretty good, but letter and parcel post are delivered by sub contractors in the suburbs , mail goes missing regularly, registered mail that has to be signed for has to be collected from the post office, last year WO in UK sent Replaceme medals which had been stolen , the package got to brisbane customs, was cleared,it went to sorting office was not heard of for 4 weeks , the jiffybag arrived eventually, damaged with a tyre track across the envelope,the bars on the medals were squashed, so now I am waiting for replacements of the replacements :o