Flea Treatment For Dog

rrose070

Anyone seen it here? She won't wear a collar and I'd like to get some of the kind of treatment that comes in a tube that you squeeze between the shoulder blades. I've checked the big stores and several small pet beauty parlors, to no avail. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Most vets sell Frontline.

You can also get it at Ran Raksat branches: one in between Carrefour and Makro, same side, and one in the parkinglot of Airport Plaza. ground level.

And in the Nam Ping Passoosath branches: main branch on the Suthep road, just after the Kasikorn bank. A branch in Nong Hoi, on your left just after the fly-over when you head direction airport. A branch on the HangDong road, I think just before Tesco. And one branch on the CM-Doi Saket road, just before the intersection with the middle ringroad, when you head direction Doi Saket.

~

Frontline works quite well but do NOT read the information sheet that comes with it.

If you read the precautions, you will be reluctant to apply it to your beloved pet.

Easier and safer for pets and humans alike:

Brewers Yeast. Available VERY inexpensively in big bottles in virtually every pharmacy in tablet form - I take 5-10 of them daily for various reasons - and if you toss some into your pet's food regularly, fleas cease to be a problem and their overall health will improve.

If you have carpets/rugs in your home, pick up some (also inexpensive) boric acid powder and rake it in. Except for very small sprinkles mid-back, applying it to your pet could cause eye irritation but it is otherwise harmless. I would not recommend this for outside flea control as boric acid can affect beneficial insects.

Be..flea..free!

~

Frontline works quite well but do NOT read the information sheet that comes with it.

If you read the precautions, you will be reluctant to apply it to your beloved pet.

Brewers Yeast. Available VERY inexpensively in big bottles in virtually every pharmacy in tablet form - I take 5-10 of them daily for various reasons - and if you toss some into your pet's food regularly, fleas cease to be a problem and their overall health will improve.

If you have carpets/rugs in your home, pick up some (also inexpensive) boric acid powder and rake it in. Except for very small sprinkles mid-back, applying it to your pet could cause eye irritation but it is otherwise harmless. I would not recommend this for outside flea control as boric acid can affect beneficial insects.

Be..flea..free!

Rumor has it that you prefer your brewers yeast directly from the bottle Dustoff! :o

What would you ask for in the pharmacy? My Lonely Planet Thai Language Guide seems to have omitted vital information like the translation for brewers yeast tablets.

Frontline - there is a (small) vets clinic almost opposite the Shangri La Hotel; they have it.

Yes, Frontline, it’s expensive but the only infestation treatment that works.

If your dog has fleas, first burn any materials that the dog sleeps on and renew. These are probably infested too. Shower the dog with warm water using baby shampoo and rinse well. This kills quite a few fleas to start with and helps ease itching for the dog.

Do not use flea collars, treatment shampoos, powders or sprays. Their poison and don’t work anyway.

Than take off the dogs collar and apply frontline to the top of the dog’s neck in between the shoulder blades. Leave to dry for 20 minutes before putting back the collar.

Works every time. I used this method once when my dog caught fleas and the fleas never returned. But if your dog is mixing with other dogs in your area, it is more likely that infestations will re-occur, which means treating for fleas more often.

~

Be..flea..free!

Rumor has it that you prefer your brewers yeast directly from the bottle Dustoff! :o

What would you ask for in the pharmacy? My Lonely Planet Thai Language Guide seems to have omitted vital information like the translation for brewers yeast tablets.

Nah, I have never been much of a beer person.

Licensed Pharmacists all speak English and all the yeast I have purchased had it printed in English on the label. It is very popular and I have purchased it all over the world without any problem. If you shop around, you can find it in bottles of 500 tabs.

Thanks guys...she's not really "my" dog; she seems to be her own dog, but both my next-door neighbors and I, independently, both named her "Lady"...weird because it was months apart and we only just spoke for the first time a couple of nights ago! So she doesn't sleep in the house, is not allowed in... I got her a flea collar but once it was on, she went crazy trying to remove it and the next day it was gone. But she's really cute and I'd like to be more comfortable petting her...our neighbors and us are going to tag-team bathe her (oh, she'll be pissed!) and then frontline her. She'll thank us later...thanks so much for all the info!!!

She WAS upset (at the bath). But fyi, I found the frontline by happenstance in one of the pet shops in the parking garage of Kad Suan Kaew. Just popped in to check since I was shopping at Tops. So adding it to the thread for the use of any future enquirers. Thanks, all!