Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Astro Tv In Cm

MartinBKK

Not sure that anyone knows what "the ASTRO signal" is (I certainly don't). It might help if you could be more specific, like - is it a tv/radio signal, from a satellite/cable, free-to-air or pay, etc....? Just a hint of what you mean can sometimes work wonders :o

Thanks

Sometimes you can recieve the signal if you have a silver filling in your right molar, but if not, I have included some basic instruction on how to make an Astro Receptor.

Your nights will now be filled with "Astro TV"

post-46099-1231469307_thumb.jpg

Astro 'Measat 1-3KU' have changed last November, before could get it no problem if your decoder used CCcam, now this has changed and they use a different viewer, as most Satellites use CCcam if you changed your set top box then you would not get the other satellites

Check of the web, you can get a footprint of every satellite, so you can see what covers your area, there are 32 satellites over Thailand.

check out what the signal is like on Measat 1-3KU [you will not get a picture] if good then you would need another set top box and a viewing card

there are a lot of mix opinions on this and most of it says "no, u cannot receive astro here in Chiang Mai" nevertheless i was able to receive TV3 at one point of time from one of the Measat satellites. not sure if Astro is broadcasted from the same sat. its better to check with JSat.

We've got around 13 of the 32 (?) satellites over/pointed at Thailand. Anyone got any useful weblinks to sites that actually show which satellites cover Thailand (with footprints, perhaps)? It can get a bit tiresome searching for internet info, just to find that a given satellite doesn't reach the CM area. At the moment i use www.satcodx which is good, but not always accurate.

Hello again.

Sorry fo my lack of clarity - i have a 7.5ft moveable dish.

I understand the Astro signal (Malaysian equivilent of UBC) is NOT free to air but pretending it was would it be possible to view it in Chiang Mai? We are 700kms from BKK (where it is possible to receive it) and i think we are on the border of the footprint in CM. If anyone could offer me some help i would be very grateful.

Cheers

• 2 years later...

Hello again.

Sorry fo my lack of clarity - i have a 7.5ft moveable dish.

I understand the Astro signal (Malaysian equivilent of UBC) is NOT free to air but pretending it was would it be possible to view it in Chiang Mai? We are 700kms from BKK (where it is possible to receive it) and i think we are on the border of the footprint in CM. If anyone could offer me some help i would be very grateful.

Cheers

Bumping this old thread in the hope of obtaining some new information.

Cheers