Share Your Thoughts About The Bkk Post's New Website Design

jbowman1993

Bangkok Post's Web Redesign  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Since the redesign of the BKK Post's new website, the user comments have been prominently moved to the bottom of each news announcement or article. After making a comment, a message informs you that messages may be edited or detailed if found to be innappropriate, and that messages must be approved before being posted.

In actuality, all messages are posted immediately, and I have yet to see any sort of moderation. Moreover, there appears to be more ill will and vindictiveness in one page of those comments then in a day's worth of postings on TV (and that is saying something).

Are others getting the same impression?

I rarely read the comments posted on their web site - I find Thai Visa quite sufficient for my purposes, otherwise I would spend my life reading and contributing to internet forums.

I am struggling with the new format. I much preferred the old one, but maybe that is because I'm old and crotchety and resist change for changes sake. :o

The worst part of the "Share your Thoughts" is this joker nicknamed "Drey", who posts a 5 page long argument about the merits of Thaksin and his followers, at every opportunity. Its not even a different argument, he just copies and pastes it over and over and over again.

The worst part of the "Share your Thoughts" is this joker nicknamed "Drey", who posts a 5 page long argument about the merits of Thaksin and his followers, at every opportunity. Its not even a different argument, he just copies and pastes it over and over and over again.

Ahhh... good to see that at least some of the banned Thaivisa trolls have found a new home.

Regarding the format, I'm with Mobi (but for reasons other than being old and crotchety and resisting change). It's simply much more difficult to navigate through and the number of articles put in the online version are fewer.

Edited by sriracha john

Ahhh... good to see that at least some of the banned Thaivisa trolls have found a new home.

Regarding the format, I'm with Mobi (but for reasons other than being old and crotchety and resisting change). It's simply much more difficult to navigate through and the number of articles put in the online version are fewer.

Hmmm! I'm with Mobi, only because I like his Golden Retriever!

:o:D:D

Glad I'm not the only one. I absolutely hate :o:D the new format, to find anything is like looking for the proverbial needle in a haystack. As for the comments, well it appears a total lack of moderation proves that this forum is on the right lines.

I rarely read the comments posted on their web site - I find Thai Visa quite sufficient for my purposes, otherwise I would spend my life reading and contributing to internet forums.

I am struggling with the new format. I much preferred the old one, but maybe that is because I'm old and crotchety and resist change for changes sake. :D

I am old and grumpy and me no like it at all as I am a Man U supporter and knot a :-

Blue is the colour, football is the game

We're all together and winning is our aim

So cheer us on through the sun and rain

Cos Chelsea, Chelsea is our name.

etc, etc..

Thais do love the colour blue. Just look at all the roof tiles around the country, as they do not match there houses. :o

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D

Edited by Kan Win

FWIW - Too much use of graphics just makes it hard to find what I want to read. Looks more like an advertisement page than a news page (although it is supposed to be a news page.) They should just stay with a design more like what other main line web news sites do which have limited graphics. I liked the old format better, and I used to read the old format daily. Now I hardly read Bangkok Post online anymore.

I mainly used to read the news headlines / letters / Database. It was very easy to find each section and they were easy to navigate through.

Now database and postbag are just totally screwed up. Its difficult to find the latest articles/posts and almost impossible to find your favourite sections.

While the overall look of the website is livelier, I believe they have forgotten what the website is actually there for.

regards

Freddie