Help Required

Hello.

I was wondering if any of you could answer a few questions for me.

I am off to Thailand for the 1st time on the 1st Feb and I return home on 3rd April.

I am flying from and returning to Heathrow. I am a UK resident and 22 years old.

My plan is to stay in Thailand for about 3 weeks then fly out to Hong Kong for a week and then back to Thailand for another month. Will I need a Visa for this?

Obviously my flight times are 2 months apart so I am worried about whether they will let me into the country when I land.

Should I go for the 2 month tourism Visa to be safe?

Also what documents do I need to take. Obviously passport. I am booked in for my jabs on Thursday and I presume they will give me document as proof of that.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by neowelt

As long as you have the ticket for the HongKong trip in hand when you check in at Heathrow

you should have no problems.

Any queries at check in, just show the onward ticket for HongKong.

The same when you leave HongKong, if there are questions show the ticket to the UK

which must leave Thailand within 30 days after you will arrive the second time.

You may find the HongKong ticket will be cheaper if purchased in Thailand.

If that is the case get a Tourist Visa before you leave the UK.

If you do get the 60 day tourist visa the 60 days is used up after your proposed 3 week stay unless you apply for a reentry permit while in Thailand (as you will be leaving the country). This should not be a problem for you because you will get a 30 day stamp when arriving from HK. However, be sure not to book the second Thailand leg to be over 30 days, otherwise you will be on overstay.

Come to think of it, you do have another option. You can choose to NOT USE your 60 day visa on first entry and use it when you arrive from HK. This may be a good idea if you actually want to stay longer than 30 days after HK.

Edited by Jingthing

If you do get the 60 day tourist visa the 60 days is used up after your proposed 3 week stay unless you apply for a reentry permit while in Thailand (as you will be leaving the country). This should not be a problem for you because you will get a 30 day stamp when arriving from HK. However, be sure not to book the second Thailand leg to be over 30 days, otherwise you will be on overstay.

Come to think of it, you do have another option. You can choose to NOT USE your 60 day visa on first entry and use it when you arrive from HK. This may be a good idea if you actually want to stay longer than 30 days after HK.

This seems like the best idea!

Thanks mate!

You are most welcome.

Suggest you check this topic for tips on how to make sure your visa is not stamped USED on your first arrival (you have to ask):

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Utilize-Tour...46#entry2447146

Also, be sure your visa will still be valid to use on the HK entry (you have 90 days to USE it from the date you obtain the visa).

Another quick question regarding my return ticket.

My girlfriend is currently in Australia and is going to meet me in Bangkok a day after I have landed. She has booked my ticket home and will have it with her.

Will I be okay just getting my flight details and showing them at the airport? Or do I have to show them the actual ticket? Thanks in advance.

neowelt, nowadays all airline tickets for flights on airlines that are IATA members -- ie practically all airlines -- are electronic tickets. If your friend who booked the flight for you received the e-ticket by email she should forward you a copy. If she received a printout -- Thai Airways does that -- she could scan it and send it to as an attachment to an email, or she could email you the ticket number and reservation code. The latter should be sufficient for for the check-in staff of any airline to verify your flight booking.

--

Maestro