Bank Account For Retirees

If I read correctly offering savings rate plus 0.25% (ie 1.00% in total) on balances over 10,000 baht.

:jerk: Whoopee a whole 1% what will we do with it all.

Jbaldwin, not having a go at you, just the Thai Banks. :wai:

:D :D :P:D:o Just wait ... while I get my zimmer-frame ! :burp:

And I agree about the banks, paying 1%, or even a couple of percent, when inflation is (officially) about 5%. :D

If I read correctly offering savings rate plus 0.25% (ie 1.00% in total) on balances over 10,000 baht.

And I agree about the banks, paying 1%, or even a couple of percent, when inflation is (officially) about 5%. :D

american insured CD's get 3.5+% and are completely safe

american insured CD's get 3.5+% and are completely safe

At which Thai bank? Do tell!

If fact offically inflation in the year to December was 0.4%. When high inflation is caused almost entirely by high oil price, inflation rate fall very quickly when oil prices go back down again

If fact offically inflation in the year to December was 0.4%. When high inflation is caused almost entirely by high oil price, inflation rate fall very quickly when oil prices go back down again

Whist I will agree with you on the oil front, the official inflation rate in Thailand has about as much credibility as a bar girl professing her undying love for you. i.e. None.

Real inflation, that is what people experience is northwards except for oil and those products and services which raised their prices because of high oil prices are still at their new levels and have not come back down even though oil is now 1/3 of what it was.

Whist I will agree with you on the oil front, the official inflation rate in Thailand has about as much credibility as a bar girl professing her undying love for you. i.e. None.

Real inflation, that is what people experience is northwards except for oil and those products and services which raised their prices because of high oil prices are still at their new levels and have not come back down even though oil is now 1/3 of what it was.

correct!

But not much good to you when it comes to retirement visa renewal time and you have to have 800,000 Baht in a Thai bank account for the previous 3 months.

Unless you have 65k baht per month of non-Thai income coming from interest, dividends and/or pension and it doesn't need to be in a Thai bank.

I just did with my 1st retirement extension.

Edited by vagabond48