30+30+30 Years Lease

Despite the other thread running on this subject, and repeated opinions to the contrary, Thaihus Real Estate agents in Pattaya are still telling people that the 30+30+30 route is the best option. I just got a letter from them advising me to go this way.

Maybe Thaivisa membership should be part of all property contracts in Thailand, let people know the story.

If people were told the truth in that all they are doing is locking themselves into a 30 year rental contract, sales would be extremely tough.  Who knows if you want to be a renter in Pattaya for 30 years at the same place. So instead agents are reverting to misleading the buying public.

I know when I see signs here in Phuket advertising 30 year condo leases at a cost of more than an outright purchase of a house costs, I ask myself who would be buying.

If people were told the truth in that all they are doing is locking themselves into a 30 year rental contract, sales would be extremely tough. Who knows if you want to be a renter in Pattaya for 30 years at the same place. So instead agents are reverting to misleading the buying public.

I know when I see signs here in Phuket advertising 30 year condo leases at a cost of more than an outright purchase of a house costs, I ask myself who would be buying.

Rich Arabs I guess