Best Bars & Worst Bars In Patts

expatgaz

Remember Kerryd does work at Jenny's so I am not surprised he loves the Fashion Club so much. :D

If it wasn't for you, "he who has been banned" and the big girl's blouse wearing, shirt lifting, pillow-biter (I don't want to mention daleyboy by name), I wouldn't even know where Jenny's is ! :D

(Would you like me to repost your Jenny's Star Dancer card again ?) :D

And I agree with glassdude007 regarding the FLB. Stopped going there a long time ago. I was getting annoyed by the way the mamasan kept trying to push girls onto you, to get you to buy drinks. By one a drink and by the time it arrives at the table, you've got 4-5 more crowded around pushing you to buy them drinks as well. :o

What really cheesed me though, was when I hosted a party for a bunch of guys I worked with in Afghanistan, at the end of a contract. Shelled out about 12k for the food, banners, ect. Place was packed. I rang the bell two or three time, big bucks each time. (total bin at the end of the night was 45k !)

Found out later why the place was so packed (far more than normal). The manager knew I was having a party, and it was apparently his last night working there, so he invited a large group of his friends for a free "farewell" party at my expense. :D

I've never gone back to the FLB, or to the establishment the former manager went to either.

I've never gone back to the FLB, or to the establishment the former manager went to either.

Good for you Kerry.

Some bars really take the pizz.

The thing is, we don't lose, we just go elsewhere.......

Oh well, luckily Pattaya has a very good choice of drinking establishments ! :o

ANZAC was a fav....anyone remember it..... :D always good food/company and imported beers ....and Videos......dear dear....until......MPR

Still have a few in the Malibu when in town.....nice bunch of ladies....... :o and within staggering distance to the Palm Villa.....rip.... :D

The hel_l Club !

Soi LK Metro.

Go in there and come out 2 hours later changed for life. :o

But it's not a bar - it's a brothel.

It has a very nice bar too. :D

And you will not be treated anywhere near as good by the management as you will in HC, totally professional from the time you walk in till the time you leave.

Don't talk about Brothels to me, Soi 6 is full of them and after a visit to HC, they all pale into insignifigance...

And I'm a Soi 6 fan too. :D

Thanks for the information! I've always been intrigued about the place since it opened but I've never been able to get any reports on the place. I hang out in the area and next time I'm in town, i'll check it out.

We've all got an opinion on which are the best & worst bars so lets hear them to try to get ideas for where we should be and where we shouldn't.Alternatively the most over rated establishments.

EPG.

Barbarella's Babes - Best

Buckskins - Worst

Easy Corner which is behind the Central Center shopping mall and Gullivers on Beach Road.

Are these the best and the worst or....?

Easy Corner being the best in the sense of giving me the option of having a pleasant drink on unstained seating and without the the throngs of uber-friendly ladies.

The hel_l Club !

Soi LK Metro.

Go in there and come out 2 hours later changed for life. :D

But it's not a bar - it's a brothel.

It has a very nice bar too. :D

And you will not be treated anywhere near as good by the management as you will in HC, totally professional from the time you walk in till the time you leave.

Don't talk about Brothels to me, Soi 6 is full of them and after a visit to HC, they all pale into insignifigance...

And I'm a Soi 6 fan too. :D

Thanks for the information! I've always been intrigued about the place since it opened but I've never been able to get any reports on the place. I hang out in the area and next time I'm in town, i'll check it out.

its not cheap though......so i hear :o

Best

Gullivers on Beach Road Soi 1 or 2(?) Never crowded (sad for the owners), low volume easy listening music, 3 pool tables and clean bathrooms! The drink prices are reasonable and you can relax while watching sports on one of the TV screens.

Sailor Bar on Soi 8

Must be one of the cheapest/busiest places in town. Sangsom coke @ 20 Baht a pop! This is not a typo... 20 baht. I think Jack Daniels is 60 baht. The place also has a restaurant attached which is reasonably priced. The music is not too loud and seems to be more 80's based. I went in one evening around 7pm and could not get a seat anywhere in the bar or restaurant. I was there one night and one inebriated fellow bought me 5 sangsom cokes :D Highly recommended.

FLB

I like this place. They have a new band and some of the ladies are nice to chat with. Never had a problem there as all drink parasites are told to move along. If you ring the bell they toss you a shirt and put up your moniker along with your quote on one of the mirrors.

Pattaya Beer Garden

Nice food, reasonable prices for food and drinks. Great views of the Pattaya skyline at night.

Worst

Fashion Club

Way over priced. Been there once and was shocked at the price to fun value. Watching girls dance is nice, but not if I need to pay tons of cash to feel elite.

Goodfellas

On Walking Street. Huge place former location of the 19th Hole bar. Billed as a sportsbar and restaurant, but after 9pm has a DJ which pays music at 120db. :o How can you enjoy your food at 120db. Has a huge speaker outside on the balcony blaring out loud tunes trying to get the attention of people as they walk by. Not really very busy during this past semi-high season and unless the owners have some deep pockets, this place will fold. They should have made it into a punter's hotel. They would have made a mint.

Any bar that does not have enough pride to keep a clean bathroom falls under the worst category for me. How expensive can it be to keep a bathroom clean?

TheWalkingMan

Edited by TheWalkingMan

Bars that are friendly, girls as well as the bosses.

1) Ryans bar up Nakula

2) TJ bar down soi18 Nakula.

3) Krit bar soi3, 2nd road

4) Peackok bar soi4 Beach road.

5) Mickys, New Plaza between soi 7-8, 2nd road.

6) Aussie bar Soi7

7) Sexy girls a gogo Soi8

8) UToo bar, 2nd road.

9) Lees bar, Simon complex walking street

Bad bars. No atmosphere, rude bosses etc.

1) Irishman, drinking street, 2nd road.

2) Hot Tuna. Walking street.

3) Tony's Walking street

Milligans Soi13/3 2nd road.

ANZAC was a fav....anyone remember it..... :D always good food/company and imported beers ....and Videos......dear dear....until......MPR

Still have a few in the Malibu when in town.....nice bunch of ladies....... :o and within staggering distance to the Palm Villa.....rip.... :D

The last time I saw Palm Villa it had given up the ghost! (demolished). :D:D

• 3 weeks later...

Tee Rak Bar, Soi Bukhaow, first big turning point coming from Pattaya Klang in front of "Air Con Apartments",Ayutthaya Bank, nice sittings, good prices ( 35 Thb small Leo), caring staff, area where a lot of "working girls" have their sojourn.

Tee Rak Bar, Soi Bukhaow, first big turning point coming from Pattaya Klang in front of "Air Con Apartments",Ayutthaya Bank, nice sittings, good prices ( 35 Thb small Leo), caring staff, area where a lot of "working girls" have their sojourn.

Do they DO 'small Leos' ? I'll check the place out walking down from 'The Smugglers' bar.

Do they DO 'small Leos' ? I'll check the place out walking down from 'The Smugglers' bar.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes : Small :35, Big :70 Thb. and all alcoholic drinks served with free peanuts

By the way : What are the prices at " The Smugglers Bar " please ?

Currently the worst must be FashionClub, for the following reasons:

1) I paid 380 Bath for a beer... Auch! - My friend paid 500 Bath for a bucket of ice... more Auch! :D

2) THE MUSIC IS REALLY REALLY LOUD SO EVEN THE WAITERS COULDNT HEAR THE DRINK ORDER

3) You have to pay each time you get a drink, no building up a bill

4) You are now forced to order food if you sit at a table. (fruit or popcorn at 250 Bath)

5) It smells like wet dog because of the drinks-soaked carpets :D

That said.. the girls are still pretty hot :D

1) i paid 150 for a heineken,what beer did u order?

2) it is too loud

3) i dont mind paying as you go along,no dodgey bins and can go as soon as you finished your drinks

4) ive never been forced to order any food at all and dont eat there but sit at a table most times

5) sorry didnt notice smell

the girls are hot and now have ruskies working in the other side but i didnt go in there so cant comment on them,when was the last time you was there?

its not a favoutrite haunt of mine but always has ok ladies compared to wankin st. :D

I like Fashion Club, once in a while.

1) I buy a bottle of Jack (or have one already there)

2) I snack on the fruit plate and usually order more food any ways.

3) I sign my chits whenever I ordered anything, and at the end they are totalled and presented for me to verify (no sneaking extra chits onto the bill that way)

4) It is loud, even in the VIP rooms upstairs

5) Few, if any, "lager louts", and no annoying vendors prodding you to buy stuff continuously.

6) I haven't noticed any odd smell that I can recall.

7) Gorgeous girls (and I noticed the last time I was there, they are having the Russian girls dancing and doing some of the shows as well).

8) It is far more expensive than beer bars and most (if not all) go-gos, but then, that's not the kind of crowd they are aiming at drawing in either.

9) It's not for everyone obviously, and for those that prefer that kind of place, it's pretty good. I wouldn't go there as often as I do except for one particular reason. :o

either the hot girls or you are manager/owner lol.

i find it too noisy so i spend my money at other nice places

Bars that are friendly, girls as well as the bosses.

1) Ryans bar up Nakula

2) TJ bar down soi18 Nakula.

3) Krit bar soi3, 2nd road

4) Peackok bar soi4 Beach road.

5) Mickys, New Plaza between soi 7-8, 2nd road.

6) Aussie bar Soi7

7) Sexy girls a gogo Soi8

8) UToo bar, 2nd road.

9) Lees bar, Simon complex walking street

Bad bars. No atmosphere, rude bosses etc.

1) Irishman, drinking street, 2nd road.

2) Hot Tuna. Walking street.

3) Tony's Walking street

Milligans Soi13/3 2nd road.

good good choices mate,virtualy the same as me,all busy bars and not stupid prices either.UToo possibly the most expensive but still a great bar.Shame Garry is leaving Ryans but Bill and manager,steve,will keep it busy

I like Fashion Club, once in a while.

I wouldn't go there as often as I do except for one particular reason. :o

either the hot girls or you are manager/owner lol.

i find it too noisy so i spend my money at other nice places

Well, the girls are HOT ! Usually the best looking girls I've seen in Pattaya (with their clothes on). Not the manager or owner (or I wouldn't have to be spending so much time in this "less than desirable" place !). :D

I have heard that as of recently, it seems I no longer have any "particular reason" to go there. That "reason" has informed me that I may have to find a new venue to grace with my presence (unless that "reason" decides to grace my place with her presence). :D

(ghawd I need to get out of here soon !) :D

Worst Secrets Soi 14. Awful place ugly girls and unpleasant management. This is were the former manager of FLB Kerry refers to ended up. Can we name names?

Best. Absolutely impossible to say. Depends on what you want at the time. No hassle good company Cheers Soi Pattayaland. For a Chelsea match (I am a supporter) Dogs <deleted>. Known Chris for years. No trouble in his bar he doesn't defecate where he eats. Band, good old Blues Factory. Chilling and old fashioned American rock that place in Jomtien just up from Soi 9 two bars back (been there a hundred times nevre remembr the name).

I could go on.

Worst Secrets Soi 14. Awful place ugly girls and unpleasant management. This is were the former manager of FLB Kerry refers to ended up. Can we name names?

I agree 100%. Secrets is so bad.

I saw the place advertised on Pattaya News Television and gave it a go with some drinking buddies.

Totally crap. A rip off joint and the management are a disgrace. In fact I have never heard a good word for the place. They will go bust soon.

Hadn't been in Secrets for a while - twas ok on my last visit there, great place to eat and the Coyote Dancers were quite fetching. (cheap draft chang)

Doubt it will go bust as mentioned above - always packed!! (must be doing smth right)

Edited by britmaveric