Have You Provided Finacial Means For Your Partner Here In Thailand, If You Should Pass Away Suddenly

Master Chief

I you died now, would your partner be finacial safe?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I met several cases here in Thailand where the money provider dies and the partner is left is total fund less, left without any funds also after legal children from previous marriages loot the bank funds. Because the money provider did not register the Thai marriage properly, did not marry the partner or wrote a will.

How have you done you planning?

MC

Edited by Master Chief

my father always said, be careful not to give too much because all you do is make some other man rich....

I'd disagree if I had not seen this happen with my own eyes. Lucky second husband, she was a total hotty with tons of money thanks to the first hubby.

As for my wife, she will get enough to have a kick start in life. She already has a MA from the US and great English, so it is not like she does not have the tools to make a decent wage. Her mother is also fairly well off (for Thai standards) & I bought her some Town houses (7 unit complex) several years back.

My parents have also promised to pass down money to my boys if I were to depart before my parents... So I imagine everyone will be fine.

As of right now, my wife and I have seperate finances. She quit her job some time back and uses the money drawn offf of the town houses.

Good post - like the DNR form, it's something we should take care of. Probate can be a real mess!

Unregistered marriages = null and void in the eyes of the governments.

American banks would ask me to fill in forms - allocating the balance to heirs. But then this required SSNs.

Chris

I have registered my wife with my two pension companies and as my legal widow she will receive half of my pensions for the rest of her life. I also got the pension companys to send me this in writing which I keep with my will to make it easier for her when the unwanted time comes. So as she will have the house bought and paid for she will be very nicely off hopefully, and anyway she is finishing a degree at university and is starting to forge a new career for herself as well.

HL :o

I wonder sometimes. Who should I leave everything to in the event I eventually croak ? Especially given where I work and my lifestyle in general, one might say I'm already on borrowed time.

I could leave everything to dear old dad, not that he would have much use for it at this stage in life (one of his first acts upon moving to Thailand though, was to get a will done up. That was more as a result of his last medical check-up and learning that he may have a heart problem).

But should DoD pass on before me, that's it. No one left to pass on my can full of 25 and 50 satang coins, my collection of (worn but wearable) comic boxer shorts, or my other worldly assets.

I could make up a will and leave everything to Noi (#27 at Polo) for example, and who knows, maybe when I go, there'll actually be a Noi, a #27 and a "Polo" still around. (I'm sure the lawyers will make sure of that, after they and their friends loot everything I had).

I could just do nothing and let whoever fight it out over my stuff. Eventually someone will clue in and my pension cheques will stop being deposited in my account, my credit cards will be cancelled, my material possessions disappear and my memory be forgotten.

I don't think I'll really be too worried about it, as I'll be having way too much fun stirring up <deleted> and rioting in H3ll (and poking suegha with a red-hot weinnie roaster) ! :o