Road Checkpoint Captures Pistol-toting Young Male

cali4995

Source: http://www.pattayapeople.com/

Note: I've seen little 22 cal. pen or zip guns but this little

item below looks like a nasty piece of work?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Man arrested for carrying gun

Mr. Kongsak Krongkhajornsuk found himself being detained at Banglamung Police Station

on the morning of the 7th January. The reason, he was caught with a loaded pistol whilst being

searched in a routine police vehicle inspection in Banglamung. He stated that the pistol

belonged to a friend who asked him to hold onto it for safe keeping. Police did not believe

this excuse and he was charged with possession of an illegal weapon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

post-32734-1231334015_thumb.jpg

Yes, it does resemble some sort of pirates blunderbuss pistol :o Maybe it is homemade because

I've never seen anything like that either but then I don't even have a sharp letter opener at home

so I'll leave identification to knowledgeable parties. Apparently we need more road checkpoints. :D

My FIL has a similar weapon,12 gauge on 45 frame. I have never been able to locate that Colt made this type of weapon. They are factory stamped (not home made) but no one seems to know their origin. Good for snakes, stray mutts, and at close range, burglars.

Source: http://www.pattayapeople.com/

Note: I've seen little 22 cal. pen or zip guns but this little

item below looks like a nasty piece of work?

post-32734-1231334015_thumb.jpg

Looks like a Colt 45 modified with a shotgun barrel. Without proper machining, probably as dangerous to the shooter as the target. Dangerous at close range, but I suspect that any target over 10 meters away would be more annoyed than hurt (short barrel = wide dispersal of shot very quickly).

Remember the guy Dick Cheney shot at fairly close range while hunting (drunk, allegedly). He was hit at quite close range with a load from a full length shotgun, and apparently only a couple of pellets actually penetrated deep enough to be serious.

If this guy was using slugs instead of shot, it would be more dangerous, but the trade-off is one slug compared to a couple dozen pellets (depending on size). 12 guage "double ought" (00) shot would be especially nasty at close range.

• 2 weeks later...