Raising Finance Against Thai Assets?

Thanks...though I note they need a salary slip or income statement...I am retired but I have businesses registered in my Thai wifes name so guess I can use those. Will make some enquiries with TMB and see how I go!

Give Kasikorn a try also they don`t always need proof of earnings etc depending how healthy your deposits have been over recent times.

A valuation of your property by the bank then if all requirements are in order the original land paper will be held by the land department until the loan is paid off in full.

Thanks again...they're actually condo chanotes all in my name, but as they are all owned outright by me I can use one to arrange the finance. Just maybe technicalities on whether my wife or I apply for the loan and income from her business, but should be ok as a joint application maybe.

If you're desperate and going down the bank route fails, there are quite a few individuals/small businesses out there that will offer a loan against assets. Not actually as dodgy and back-street as it sounds - lawyers get involved and it's a legally recognized agreement. Typically they will charge around 18% p.a. I believe. All interest paid up front. Not ideal, but like I said, if you're desperate...