What Location In Bangkok?

samjjohn

I've been doing so much surfing the net looking at hotels/locations etc for Thailand I'm even dreaming about it!! LOL :o

Can someone please offer any advice on where we should stay in Bangkok, I think I've narrowed it down to Siam Square and maybe around Soi 5 off Sukhumit. We would ideally like to be close to the skytrain.

We are looking for around a 4* hotel for 6 nights, we're going to be doing a little shopping (maybe one day) and the rest sight seeing, not really looking at partying saving that for the rest of the holiday.

Thanks

Sam

What about Silom Rd ?

a great hub that ticks every one of your requirements..

How long would it take to get to the nearest Skystation from there? looking for somewhere that would enable us to be able to get around as easy as possible.

How long would it take to get to the nearest Skystation from there? looking for somewhere that would enable us to be able to get around as easy as possible.

2 BTS stations (sala deang + chong nonsi, just around the corner) & the MRT underground.. ooh, u'll be spoilt for choice !

so about 2 - 10 minutes walk depending on where u stay on the road.. :o

2 BTS stations (sala deang + chong nonsi, just around the corner) & the MRT underground.. ooh, u'll be spoilt for choice !

so about 2 - 10 minutes walk depending on where u stay on the road.. :o

Are there plenty of food places? any recommendations? ideally would like to be the 2 min from the BTS.

Thanks

and maybe around Soi 5 off Sukhumit. We would ideally like to be close to the skytrain.

Soi 5 is probably the worst place to stay in BKK. It's now "Arab" and "Black African" area, shoddy hotels and overweight women in black bourkas all around the place.

I would recommend Emporium Suites, they are 5* and the building is on the skytrain itself (Phrom Phong), has several levels of top shops and restaurants.

It's next to Benjasiri (Queen) Park. I know of people who stayed there at 3600B a day (studio) , Internet booking thorugh some discounter site.

Google it.

While I can't recommend a particular hotel, I agree with the previous poster that Phrom Phong is a great area. I'll be retiring in Bangkok within a few months and my number 1 area to look for a condo is going to be Phrom Phong.

The Skytrain from there is convenient, plus there are plenty of shopping and dining opportunities. Yes, Benjasiri Park is very pleasant and I find people in the park to be quite friendly. The shopping mall right there, is also great, and there are others close by.