Help Needed! Can I Use My Visa Exempt Stamp Followed By A Tourist Visa?

Hello,

I'm a UK citizen going on vacation to thailand in march and I want to stay for 5 months. I am planning to use a 30 day visa exempt stamp 3 times (in march, april and may) so I will have been in the country for 90 days.

Once I have done this is it possible for me to get a 60day tourist visa from malaysia or vietnam in june.

Thank you for your help

Realize that visa exempt stamps at borders are now only valid for 15 days a time not 30 days. To get 30 days visa exempt stamps you must enter through an airport.

There are a couple of scenario's for you to choose from:

The hard way

- Enter by air for the first 30 days visa exempt stamp

- Then do 8 border runs (cumbersome!) or get a tourist visa in Penang (single) or Vientiane (double) or a combination.

or

The easy way

- Get a single entry (90 days) or multiple entry (180 days) tourist visa in the UK.

If you manage to get a multiple entry in the UK (which I believe is not hard) then you get:

- 60 days the first entry

- 30 days by extension in Bangkok or any other immigration office

- 60 days the second entry (through any border)

That's 150 days or about 5 months.

Edited by sniffdog

Hello,

I'm a UK citizen going on vacation to thailand in march and I want to stay for 5 months. I am planning to use a 30 day visa exempt stamp 3 times (in march, april and may) so I will have been in the country for 90 days.

Once I have done this is it possible for me to get a 60day tourist visa from malaysia or vietnam in june.

Thank you for your help

Get a tourist visa before you leave.

See this topic that has webpage links to several consulates that give good service by walk in and by mail. It will be a lot easier and cost less than what you have planned. A 2 entry tourist visa is only 2000 baht.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Day-Visa-Hul...p;hl=Birmingham

Also for your information there is no longer a 90 limit on visa exempt entries.