Burapa Pattaya Bike Week 2009

RusticCharm

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pattaya Bike Week is up next month.

poster2009_jpg.jpg

I'll be leaving Bangkok Friday afternoon (the 13th) and staying in Pattaya (Soi 8) 2 nights.

Any Bangkok-based riders want to join up for the ride?

will be there already........good spot soi8 whats your hotel there ...i used to stay soi 7 all the time in flipper house and good security underground parking for your bike too.......

Isn't 13 a Friday? Grrr... Some people have to work...
I'm working on the 13th. Riding down after work. :o

Hmmm... Thought initially there is no more day after work :D

What time will be "after" work approximately? I might not be able to leave before 7 pm, around Thong Lor. Means it will be dark already :D

What time will be "after" work approximately? I might not be able to leave before 7 pm, around Thong Lor. Means it will be dark already :o

You finish work quite late.  :D

I hope to leave between 4 & 5 pm (earlier if I can swing it) but that's coming from across the river, Samut Prakan area.

Edited by RusticCharm

The best weekend on the calendar - only 1 small problem: no Sunday party at Easyriders as the bar has closed down!

there is plenty of more biker bars in pattaya so im sure there will be a party in some of them on sunday...i nthink the warriors mc are doing something in their bar on sunday...its on soi pattaya park ..you cant miss it on right hand side heading to the pattaya water park....warriors mc bar........

[Reason for edit: url to external forum removed]

Edited by bazmlb

Do you use the ferry at the bottom of Bang Na, across from the wat on Prapadaeng?
I use the new bridge (Saphan Wong Wan or something) from Suksawat to Rama III. Bikes aren't really allowed on there but..... :o

Saves a lot of time and is a bit of a blast. Check this post- http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=2423637

The Prapadang ferry takes you to the Samrong area and then up to Bang Na. Well out of the way but probably okay when going to Pattaya.

The only other option is down to Bangkok Bridge but Rat Burana Rd is notorious for police checkpoints.

Edited by RusticCharm

What time will be "after" work approximately? I might not be able to leave before 7 pm, around Thong Lor. Means it will be dark already :D

You finish work quite late. :D

I hope to leave between 4 & 5 pm (earlier if I can swing it) but that's coming from across the river, Samut Prakan area.

Yeah, you are right. You're comment prompted me to reconsider about working long on a Friday afternoon, and indeed I managed to convince my colleagues to re-schedule a half-day meeting to Friday morning! Now I might take half a day off on Friday, he, he. :o

Anybody else leaving in the afternoon from Sukhumvit area (Thonglor/Ekkamai)? :D In that case leaving before 4 pm would be prefered to avoid rush hour.

What kind of bikes can you expect? If there's just gonna be a bunch of old fat farangs trying to look tough with their cruisers I won't bother. If there'll be a few sportbikes or some cool customs I'll have a look.

[/quote

What about old fat farangs on sportbikes??? I believe I qualify in that catagory! Take a look at the photos of Bang Saen and Hua Hin posted in other threads. You'll get the idea....HH in December...

hhbike011.jpg

What kind of bikes can you expect? If there's just gonna be a bunch of old fat farangs trying to look tough with their cruisers I won't bother. If there'll be a few sportbikes or some cool customs I'll have a look.

Are old skinny farangs on cruisers okay?

What do you ride slick? Or just a wannabe?

maybe with that attitude you would be better not bothering........there will be more than a few sports bikes and cool customs at this ........there will be thousands....who cares what anyone else rides........if your a biker just go to enjoy it...thats what everyone else will be doing........this is the biggest bike event on the thai calendar...

What to expect ? At one of the Largest Bike Events in all of SE Asia ? Where it's expected that there may be upwards of 10,000 Big Bikes and 30,000 people from all over Thailand and neighbouring countries ? Where folks from Malaysia make the drive all the way around for the annual Ride For Peace ? Where the VAST majority of ALL the bikers are non-Farang ?

Gees. I don't know what to expect. Probably nothing like 15+ times the number of bikes shown here:

med_gallery_16137_403_536769.jpg

Probably only a few dozen like this:

med_gallery_16137_403_193903.jpg

Maybe a couple hundred like these:

med_gallery_16137_403_52868.jpg

Add in a few thousand more of almost every make and model of big bike out there. Plus bands, babes, booze and FUN !!

But I don't expect that some people will like it, because, heaven forbid, there may be a few farangs there as well ! :D

Watch out for the owner of this one. Sneaky bugger isn't old or fat or tattooed ! :D

Harleypics-Aug08016.jpg

Hmmm, wonder which one of these it could be ? :o

b7Una0747491-02.jpg

maybe with that attitude you would be better not bothering........there will be more than a few sports bikes and cool customs at this ........there will be thousands....who cares what anyone else rides........if your a biker just go to enjoy it...thats what everyone else will be doing........this is the biggest bike event on the thai calendar...

I agree Barry who cares what anyone else is riding..... Just enjoy the party.