Tourist Permit

We are UK passport holders and are currently at Koh Lanta.

A quick query re our Thailand Visa. Would you be able to find out the following info for us as we are a tad confused.

We applied for a Tourist visa (TR) the date of issue is 21st October 2008 and it stated we enter before 20/01/09. It shows number of entries as (s) which I presume means single. The immigration stamp runs from the 21st Dec until the 18th Feb.

We are due to go to Chaing Mai on the 11th Jan and probably into Veitnam/Cambodia etc a week later. 19th Jan. We then have friends coming to Koh Samui on 22nd Feb. It is our intention to go back there on the 18th(ish) and stay for 3 weeks approx.

Do we need to get a tourist visa extention at Chaing Mai to come back to Thailand or do we get a granted 30 days when going out the country and coming back in?

Thanks

Edited by chockslobes

Yes it is a single entry visa.

When you leave the country how long do you plan on staying?

When do you plan on leaving the country to go home?

If you leave the country your visa will no longer be valid unless you get a re-entry permit which would allow you re-enter and stay until Feb. 18th.

If you will flying back in you would get 30 days on entry. If by land you would only get 15 days.

You could also apply for the 30 day extension plus a re-entry permit to keep the visa

alive, whilst you go to Cambodia/Vietnam.

It really depends on whether you are flying back in or not..

Yes it is a single entry visa.

When you leave the country how long do you plan on staying?

When do you plan on leaving the country to go home?

If you leave the country your visa will no longer be valid unless you get a re-entry permit which would allow you re-enter and stay until Feb. 18th.

If you will flying back in you would get 30 days on entry. If by land you would only get 15 days.

Thanks for that. We are planning to leave from Thailand around the 19th Jan and returning to Samui on the 20th Feb. We are only there for 3 weeks though then off to Malaysia. I take it we are better flying back into Thailand then the 30 day rule applies? We are on pre booked RTW flights. With all this in mind is it worth me getting an extension when I get to Chaing Mai in a couple of days????

Thanks for that. We are planning to leave from Thailand around the 19th Jan and returning to Samui on the 20th Feb. We are only there for 3 weeks though then off to Malaysia. I take it we are better flying back into Thailand then the 30 day rule applies? We are on pre booked RTW flights. With all this in mind is it worth me getting an extension when I get to Chaing Mai in a couple of days????

A 30 day extension will cost 1,900 Baht each. The Re Entry Permit 1,000 Baht and will extend your stay until around 18th March.

If you leave and come back without the extension you will get a 30 day stamp till around 20th March.

So save your money.

A 30 day extension will cost 1,900 Baht each. The Re Entry Permit 1,000 Baht and will extend your stay until around 18th March.

If you leave and come back without the extension you will get a 30 day stamp till around 20th March.

So save your money.

Brilliant. Thanks for that.