Whiskey Or Bourbon

siamjj

hey all,

maybe someones knows the brand name.last year down south,i bought a bottle of whiskey.the bottle shape was like regency.seen only once.anybody have ideas what it may have been called?

Chevas Regal Dear boy From Bonnie Scotland Cheers,

hey all,

maybe someones knows the brand name.last year down south,i bought a bottle of whiskey.the bottle shape was like regency.seen only once.anybody have ideas what it may have been called?

That's neither whiskey nor bourbon.

hey all,

That's neither whiskey nor bourbon.

Nor does the bottle have the shape of the bottle where regency comes in....

chivas,very funny.it was more like a crown royal bottle shape,not round,lol.it wasn't like canadian whiskey but closer than the yankee stuff.as far as local(i think it was)it was quite good.to bad i'd been traveling 2 days or maybe my brain would have kept up.thanks everyone for trying to help.in fact is was like crown to taste with a slash of coke.

Edited by siamjj

chivas,very funny.it was more like a crown royal bottle shape,not round,lol.it wasn't like canadian whiskey but closer than the yankee stuff.as far as local(i think it was)it was quite good.to bad i'd been traveling 2 days or maybe my brain would have kept up.thanks everyone for trying to help.in fact is was like crown to taste with a slash of coke.

So i was WRONG,What i think is funny is that they call American and Canadian Burbon Whiskey, The only country that makes whisky is SCOTLAND All the rest is just not whisky Cheers

So i was WRONG,What i think is funny is that they call American and Canadian Burbon Whiskey, The only country that makes whisky is SCOTLAND All the rest is just not whisky Cheers

And i thought you call it scotch :o

bourbon is a yankee thing.irish whiskey was brought to canada and its still the same same,different strokes.i am linage to the jameson clan.back to question?

Bourbon, whiskey or whiskie is not the real thing,

The only real thing is called Scottish Whisky or Scotch and is distillate in the Scotland highlands or the Scottish Isles, and the only good whisky is a single malt, all the rest is crap.

And please don't do the barbarian thing mixing whisky with ice or water.

for the connoisseurs, or the ones who like to learn something more about it.

http://www.whisky.com/single_malt.html

http://www.scotchwhisky.net/malt/index.htm

Btw there are some very good Irish single malts also.

And for the Op,

its not the shape of the bottle what is important but what's inside.

Cheers

For Christmas, I got 4 bottles of single malt scotch:

Old Pulteney

18 year old Glenfiddich

12 year old Glenmorangie

Aberlour

and I've still got a couple of other bottles on the go from earlier :D

what can I say - its a hobby :D

Drinking the Glenmorangie right now.

Henry, I agree with what you say about the water and ice - but coke is ok right :o

post-13-1231539605_thumb.jpgPicked up a very nice bottle of this old 'Crature'...water of Life on last visit to LOS and rather good it is :D

(although a Blend and not a malt)

just right for a nightcap or 3..with a small touch...kiss of an angels wing ...of H2O ...nought else.....dont mess wiff it

Also real WHISKY does not have an E.......in the word....Gawd elp us...... :o

.....What i think is funny is that they call American and Canadian Burbon Whiskey, The only country that makes whisky is SCOTLAND All the rest is just not whisky Cheers

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

200px-Glass_of_whisky.jpg magnify-clip.pngA glass of whisky.

Whisky or whiskey refers to a broad category of alcoholic beverages that are distilled from fermented grain mash and aged in wooden casks (generally oak). Different grains are used for different varieties, including barley, malted barley, rye, malted rye, wheat, and maize (corn).

The spelling is always Scotch and Canadian whisky (plural: whiskies), and Irish and American whiskey (whiskeys).[1]

The word "whisky" is derived from the Gaelic word for water (uisge or uisce). Whisky is called uisge beatha in Scots Gaelic and uisce beatha in Irish. These terms mean "water of life" and are related to the Latin aqua vitae.[2]

Edited by noise

For Christmas, I got 4 bottles of single malt scotch:

Old Pulteney

18 year old Glenfiddich

12 year old Glenmorangie

Aberlour

and I've still got a couple of other bottles on the go from earlier :D

what can I say - its a hobby :D

Drinking the Glenmorangie right now.

Henry, I agree with what you say about the water and ice - but coke is ok right :o

Your are not an barbarian you are Attila the Hun :D

Now I guess everbody has his favourite drink it does not matter what it is, as long you enjoy it

My special drink has to be a good single malt but I also enjoy a canadian club some times which I guess

you guys class as a bourbon. And I like a good Cognack, ok spelled wrong, but not a cheap Brandy.

So let's all of us enjoy what we like :o

In the USA it's whiskey. :o

One look at the names tells you who is responsible for the North American whiskeys - Jim Beam, Jack Daniels, Ezra Brooks, George Dickel, Evan Williams, etc. Notice there isn't anything like Ivan Denisovich Tennessee Whiskey on that list. For all you Brits & Irish who hate American & Canadian whiskeys remember it was your distant relatives who went over there and did a pretty dam_n good job with what they had to work with. You don't have to drink it but you could at least tip your hats to what they accomplished. Which brings me to a question - do the Aussies make any type of whisky/whiskey?

Edited by koheesti

Now I guess everbody has his favourite drink it does not matter what it is, as long you enjoy it

My special drink has to be a good single malt but I also enjoy a canadian club some times which I guess

you guys class as a bourbon. And I like a good Cognack, ok spelled wrong, but not a cheap Brandy.

And I like a good Cognack, ok spelled wrong,

correct spelling Cognac.

By EU regulations only the liquor distillate in the Cognac region is entitled to be called Cognac,

http://www.cognac-world.com/article.php3?id_article=36

One look at the names tells you who is responsible for the North American whiskeys - Jim Beam, Jack Daniels, Ezra Brooks, George Dickel, Evan Williams, etc. Notice there isn't anything like Ivan Denisovich Tennessee Whiskey on that list. For all you Brits & Irish who hate American & Canadian whiskeys remember it was your distant relatives who went over there and did a pretty dam_n good job with what they had to work with. You don't have to drink it but you could at least tip your hats to what they accomplished. Which brings me to a question - do the Aussies make any type of whisky/whiskey?

I don't know, but in Flanders we make High quality single malt whiskey also

http://www.remarkable.eu/pdf/Goldlys_EN.pdf

http://www.belgianwhisky.be/start.php?lang=en

:D I'm not a everyday drinker but I have been known to enjoy a good glass of many things. Have you ever enjoyed El Patron Tequilla...a nice smooth Tequilla that will change your opinion of what Tequilla is really like. Kentucky Bourbon, when well done, is a nice mellow sipping drink....as you will find out if you ever make it to the Ozarks. I've been known to enjoy good warm sake also. And I never have been known to turn down a good Irish Whiskey.

Anyhow, just let us all enjoy what we have, and good cheer to all.

:D