Gambling In Thailand

Syl

I have just received a very interesting email ( in Thai) regarding an online gambling website.This website takes all major Thai credit cards & farang credit cards too.I understand that Thailand have a very strict law regarding any sort of gambling.

So I am lead to believe that online gambling in Thailand is okay, as long as the website is outside of Thailand?

Would be nice to know a bit more about this. Anyone?

Syl

So I am lead to believe that online gambling in Thailand is okay

No, not o.k. but people do it. A proxy server would be in order.

If the police were to seize your computer and find evidence on you HD you would be in trouble, but what are the chances of that? Also, most likely you could pay your way out it.

There was a thread on a guy that makes his living playing online poker asking about that here. Maybe search the forum with the word "poker" to find that thread. Had some info regarding gambling online here.

I have just received a very interesting email ( in Thai) regarding an online gambling website.This website takes all major Thai credit cards & farang credit cards too.I understand that Thailand have a very strict law regarding any sort of gambling.

So I am lead to believe that online gambling in Thailand is okay, as long as the website is outside of Thailand?

Would be nice to know a bit more about this. Anyone?

Syl

The gambling laws are crazy here. You can be arrested for sitting in a bar playing dominoes and passing 20baht notes between each other yet you can go to the horseracing in Bangkok or Khon Kaen and bet like crazy.