Future Expat Looking For Sage Advice

TheRed

Hey you guys,

I am a total newbie Irish lad who is, for the last 2 years, married to a lovely Thai girl here in Ireland, we are really hoping to move to Chiang Rai in the future,

(maybe far future, have no idea) and just wondering if any of you guys can let me in on life there. I have been in the city for short periods but have no idea what expat life is like there.

Im a very easy going, relaxed and quiet guy who hopes to find corresponding surroundings.

Although being Irish, I do like having a small local bar to relax in and have a drink with sound people.

I have no interest in clubs, go-go bars or any of that malarkey.

I do love live music though.

Any general tips, warnings, advice or encouraging stories would help me to focus on getting through my tedius life in Ireland.

For example:

Is it a relatively new expat community group?

Are there already too many farang bumming around?

Is it turning into a circus for foreigners looking to escape the "tourist areas" and slowly turning into one itself?

Is the expat community small and integrated into the community?

Can I find a cool area to get to know the great lifestyle of Chiang Rai residents?

Any help will be relished and much appriciated.

I'll keep an eager eye in the ThaiVisa world from here on.

:o:D:D:D

Hey you guys,

I am a total newbie Irish lad who is, for the last 2 years, married to a lovely Thai girl here in Ireland, we are really hoping to move to Chiang Rai in the future,

(maybe far future, have no idea) and just wondering if any of you guys can let me in on life there. I have been in the city for short periods but have no idea what expat life is like there.

Im a very easy going, relaxed and quiet guy who hopes to find corresponding surroundings.

Although being Irish, I do like having a small local bar to relax in and have a drink with sound people.

Any general tips, warnings, advice or encouraging stories would help me to focus on getting through my tedius life in Ireland.

For example:

Is it turning into a circus for foreigners looking to escape the "tourist areas" and slowly turning into one itself?

Can I find a cool area to get to know the great lifestyle of Chiang Rai residents?

Welcome in Chiang Rai, life is beautiful here :D . In my opinion not too many expats . But...you will find them.....if you want :wai: . Cat Bar seems is a nice easy going bar with live music. Chiang Rai offers good places to have dinner, farang food as well.

Hey you guys,

For example:

The provision of total offshore wealth management is the primary goal at Sulieman Neal Sullivan group co Ltd and trust company Sulieman Neal Sullivan trust and this we do through a wide variety of financial services and instruments which includes Forex (gold and silver) private banking, asset management, financial advisory, hedge fund administration, securities brokerage introductions, other personal financial services.US expat clients because of the patriot act and IRS rules have made investing , asset protection and privacy critical issues for the north america and EU clients

In addition we provide Offshore banking, trust, and Foundations and Expat Company formation services (specialize in American company and citizen banking) With any offshore company formation service free double tax treaty and treasury services ( Thailand companies and double tax treaty structures in HK,singapore Cyprus and Seychelles offshore branches ) fees base or advisory service option

Ran "Managing General Partner " forum sponsor

Hey you guys,

For example:

The provision of total offshore wealth management is the primary goal at Sulieman Neal Sullivan group co Ltd and trust company Sulieman Neal Sullivan trust and this we do through a wide variety of financial services and instruments which includes Forex (gold and silver) private banking, asset management, financial advisory, hedge fund administration, securities brokerage introductions, other personal financial services.US expat clients because of the patriot act and IRS rules have made investing , asset protection and privacy critical issues for the north america and EU clients

In addition we provide Offshore banking, trust, and Foundations and Expat Company formation services (specialize in American company and citizen banking) With any offshore company formation service free double tax treaty and treasury services ( Thailand companies and double tax treaty structures in HK,singapore Cyprus and Seychelles offshore branches ) fees base or advisory service option

???

Hey you guys,

For example:

???

Forum rules------No commercial spam!

Hey you guys,

For example:

:D what the ....is he talking about? This seems like advertising....but....do you understand????

HAAAAAAA, nice.

I assume by the message and poster that this is a sponsor, targeting certain posts to advertise wares, in this case some kind of banking or whatnot.

Thanks a million for all replies to my query and I will frequent the forum to keep in touch with all you guys. Happy to hear of any insights to you're lives.

Im pretty excited to even think about life in Chiang Rai, as I said though, it might be a long time before we settle there but I will be visiting on a regular basis.

ISPY, thanks for the welcome and the Cat Bar, eh? sound intriguing.....

Also, Villagefarang, I have already had the pleasure of visiting your site, though I must admit I have only briefly glanced through it and have yet to indulge. But indulge I shall!

Cheers again everyone, hope to get to know you all a little through this.

And if you can, keep those replies coming!

Ian :o

Edited by TheRed

HAAAAAAA, nice.

I assume by the message and poster that this is a sponsor, targeting certain posts to advertise wares, in this case some kind of banking or whatnot.

Thanks a million for all replies to my query and I will frequent the forum to keep in touch with all you guys. Happy to hear of any insights to you're lives.

Im pretty excited to even think about life in Chiang Rai, as I said though, it might be a long time before we settle there but I will be visiting on a regular basis.

ISPY, thanks for the welcome and the Cat Bar, eh? sound intriguing.....

Also, Villagefarang, I have already had the pleasure of visiting your site, though I must admit I have only briefly glanced through it and have yet to indulge. But indulge I shall!

Cheers again everyone, hope to get to know you all a little through this.

And if you can, keep those replies coming!

Ian :o

You're welcome. Anyway....music in Cat Bar depends on the visitors who try to sing (oohhhhh some are bad :D ) but anyway....many people like it up there